Monitor problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by AndreasGuido, Nov 13, 2012.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hi guys,

I am having really annoying problem with my monitor. Once i turn on PC or go back from sleep mode, screen stays in idle state. Power light keep flashing and no image. I have to unplug DVI cable and about 30 secs later it starts flashing with no input message. Once i plug it back in, i get image back but it keep flashing for about 1 min and can go black so i have to turn it on/off few times.

I know its not my new GPU and it was happening with old one too. I tried different DVI cable, VGA and HDMI. same thing :(

Any ideas?

This is the monitor i have
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-SM226BW-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor/dp/B000MRVBF4

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  2. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I have a case in which my Monitor goes to sleep after 15 mins and 9/10 times it wakes up. The time it doesn't I have to shut my PC down and start it again. Maybe AMD related

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I was thinking the same. Ill have to try my other monitor. It started occurring about a month a go. Thinking about, it started happening after i tried to overclock my old 4850.

4. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Well, try it with different monitor (since you have spare one), i doubt it's AMD related, since i use 20min to off for monitor for years and never get similar problem (AMD and nVidia, different configurations).

I think it is monitor problem.

5. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Havent tried but noticed quiet high pitch noise coming from monitor! Great :(

6. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    That can mean something, but also, can be nothing to worry about. My monitor sometimes produce that noise (once in 3 months for example), when he douse, i just hit him with fist :D, and it's quiet again ;). But having on mind it's 8 years old or so, it's something i can forgive.

Try another monitor, to know for sure what is the problem.

7. mouytbe3

mouytbe3 Guest

GPU:
    evga gtx 670
    Have you downloaded latest drivers from AMD? I think it's an issue with the monitor too but it's always good to give it a go before you come to a conclusion.

8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yea i will try another monitor tonight. Mines 4 years old now.

Yea i tried different drivers. When i had 4850 i think it was 12.6, then with new cardi ran 12.10 and running 12.11beta6 right now.

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    It is my monitor. tried my old one and it worked fine. Plus current monitor was going nuts this weekend. it was displaying bunch on lines of any possible colors :(
    I will be getting new one at the end of this month. I think i will be aiming at 24 inch, not too expensive. All i know is that the lower response time is the better. :D
    Any suggestion?

10. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    Glad you solved it (sort of, because you have to get new one now). For displays, i always go with Samsung :), don't know much about LCD's, but i do know from what i used.

Benq, LG and Samsung, those are all LCD's i had contact with, and all of them was very cheap (around 100 euros). Samsung 931B (or something) was the best for IQ. For response time, lag, blur someone else should answer ;).

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012