Question about g-sync

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by CoMa666, Feb 20, 2014.

1. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Do you think the final release of g-sync monitors will be different from the ones modded with the kit?
    I mean i can buy at very good price the vg248qe modded with the kit, but i dunno if a good idea or better wait for other solution from asus iteself.
    thanks i advance.

2. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's like PhazeDelta said:

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I wouldn't recommend it due to "first-gen" problems. For example a g-sync modded Asus has some minor backlight problems. It also cripples all inputs except for display port (that means you cannot connect anything through DVI or HDMI anymore; these are dead on the monitor.)

I would expect that the upcoming g-sync monitors from Ben-Q won't have these glitches since they're supposed to be finished, final consumer products. Also, the monitor specs themselves look better compared to the Asus monitor.

The g-sync mod kit was more like an experiment from nvidia. It never looked like a polished product to begin with.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  4. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    I really don't care about dvi and hdmi, i have only fear about "first-gen" problems.
    In addition i really love the vg248qe, so if there are no problems i will buy it for, my question was for gurus that can say if they think the next monitors will have a better g-sync modules in.

5. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Don't you have a VG248QE already?

6. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Like backlight problems (more bleed) and color degradation when refresh is fluctuating.

If you also don't care about that, then sure. Go for it.

7. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Ouch so color degradation and backlight problems are so bad with the module?

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Alot of LED/LCD have that issue in some way it has nothing to do with gsync. Has everything to do with PANAL and how it was put together the gsync module isnt gona cause this, If the back plate/bezel and all that are put on to tight on monitor you gona have bleeding.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    That's not true. LCD displays have color shifts at different refresh rates. The reason you don't hear of it much is that barely any people have a colorimeter, few of those know how to use it extensively, and few of those actually measure the difference in color accuracy between 60Hz, 120Hz, and 144Hz.

Branded monitors are calibrated for the particular refresh rates they support, but monitors like the Qnix are not. That's partly why the Qnix so clearly has a gamma shift when it is overclocked.

With a variable refresh rate, an imperfect calibration can allow for perceptible color changes as the refresh rate changes. I can't confirm whether this is the case, though, as I've seen no one report this issue before RealNC, so it would be good if RealNC provided a source (experience, read about it, etc...?).

10. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    I got the Asus G-Sync monitor and its really awesome, i dont notice any problems with it at all. Altho 24" is a little to small for me, so im gonna get the 27" rog g sync monitor when it comes out Q2.

11. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    Why is OP asking about G-sync when you have an AMD HD7970?

12. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Because he forgot to update his spec on forum, or asking for other people?

13. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    i have gtx 780 now, i will update the profile, sorry.

14. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    If you already have a 144hz monitor and your PC can deliver solid minimum 75fps - you DON'T need G-sync.

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    75FPS with vsync on 144Hz still stutters. And still has input lag.

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Hmmm nope not really.

17. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    People mentioned it here:

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=273&start=30#p2553

18. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    i have the normal version of vg248qe and when i hit 100fps it's stutter... i'm in Italy and i'm thinking if i can take problems if i take the new monitor from USA??