Vsync option in Witcher

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Rodman, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Anyone know how to get Vsync working in this game? No option in game and no luck forcing it in control panel. Pretty cool game, but the tearing sucks.

2. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Hello, anyone ever play The Witcher, lol.

3. JC[UK]

JC[UK] Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GT 540m
    Hey, i was able to force vsync in the nVidia control panel when i played it but i can't remember what driver set i used cos there's been that many released lately. It might also be a good idea to wait for the witcher enhanced patch to be released before you get too far into the game as it looks like its going to make the game a million times more fun to play than it is now. Info here http://www.thewitcher.com/resources/upload/img/news/2008/02/Enhanced Edition fact sheet.pdf

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  4. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Yea, I believe the 7 series drivers for the Geforce 9 cards support Vsync in Witcher but I'm not messing with them till they support the 8 series cards. Plus I will wait for the patch. I just played the Demo so I will get the full game when the patch and Vsync support become available.

It really tics me off when a dev does not include Vsync in their game. It makes the game look so much better without all the tearing.

5. JC[UK]

JC[UK] Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GT 540m
    I've just tried the witcher demo and was able to force vsync fine using the new 174.70 drivers in vista x64.

6. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    yes I know the 7 series drivers work but will not install them on my 8 series as some people have assorted problems. I will wait till they give us something new for the 8 series cards that are at least made to work with them. Plus the patch sounds like it's worth the wait. When is that patch actually out?

7. JC[UK]

JC[UK] Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GT 540m
    Patch isn't out until may 16th, so there's a bit of a wait.

8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I know it's a very old thread but anyone experiencing microsutters with forced Vsync? As soon as I lock it at 60 fps with Vsync (tripple buffer or not), it starts to frame skip even if it stays at 60 fps.

Anyone know a possible fix? Unfortunately google got me here lol