GeForce GTS 450 review roundup with 10 cards [Guru3D.com]

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 13, 2010.

1. oMVo

oMVo Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6970
    if he wants to pay $999999 for a GTS 450 just to donate money to nvidia, i would not care one bit. but to declare such level of fanboyism in a forum and to try to justify those statements are just. fail.

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yup heres to better dx11 performance for ati the second time around

anyways as said we all know that the 450 and 5770 is for low mid range.
    so most dont really give a flying poo(no reason to bash the card).

poparamiro did some air overclocking + volt mods looks like he had fun
    1130/1200 air with mods
    http://translate.google.com/transla...video/asus-gts-450-top-studiu-de-overclocking

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  3. jcgeny

jcgeny Banned

GPU:
    2xhd5970+Gtx260 /\ GT 230
    the card is having very low results compared to a lot of models like in this review : http://www.anandtech.com/show/3909/nvidias-geforce-gts-450-pushing-fermi-in-to-the-mainstream/1 .
    it should be good for being a physx dedicated or in a pc that is for 2D but not for gaming or may be old games like hl2 & css .
    i have no idea why guru3d recommend this product , at 120-130 $ that should be even possible to find a motherboard with a graphic in the chipset . i wonder how would be the scores of such a gfx compared to the 450

edit : i rethink of that card and my idea is it should be good in a HTPC box if the card would be in Low-profile format like most tv cards .
    some would like the HDMI and bitstream that should give .

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  4. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Nothing wrong with brand loyalty. Matter of fact you will never see me driving a ford either...

I don't buy anything other then Asus Nvidia cards, before that I only bought 3dfx cards. Switching brands and compays is not smart in my books. You stick with the brand that never gives you any problems!

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Wow, $130? I cant wait to see SLI charts for these... I might drop 260 for 2 of 'em if it can whoop a 460 by a good bit.

6. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    It was foreseeable the card seems to be a joke just from the 3D Rasterization performance in most current Engines :( compared to the HD5770 it needs @ load 13W more power and can't reach the same speeds, though it's better @ idle consumption with 6W less draw then the HD5770, hopefully that wont mean we gonna see DPC issues again though i think Nvidia learned from the GTX 460 problems on that case.

Ati really has the crown currently in 3D performance per Watt just amazing to think they have improved that further with the HD6700 series 2 Generations ahead in Energy Efficiency Research that will be hard for Nvidia to conquer in the future :)

All the Resources they put into the Mobile move with Tegra are now becoming visible in the Desktop 3D part, unfortunately not the Energy reduction.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  7. davele

davele Guest

GPU:
    died (was NVidia 7900GS)
    Thanks

This is the best review I've read in a very long while.
    In this OEM world it is really hard & time consuming trying to discover the variation in features, cooling & performance for the same card.

I'd encourage you to do more of it. It made me a big fan of Guru3D.

It is also useful to create tables of power & perf that help make comparisions with older obsolete models. (eg: Nvidia 7 Series.) Those with older systems that were unable to upgrade their card due to power supply limitations may be pleasently surprised by the newer cards. Seeing the power requirements of their old card used helps with that decision. (this doesn't need to be a complete comparision just a big table or chart allowing comparisions with large numbers of models.)