Afterburner 1.6.0 Final + Kombustor 1.0.10

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Garrett_Wu, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

After two month of Beta development, MSI happily announce the Afterburner 1.6.0 Final version. Thanks for all the feedback from you during Beta period, now Afterburner is THE BEST graphics card utility among all card manufactures.

In this version, Afterburner is world first utility to support over-voltage of GeForce GTX 480/470/465, it also implement screen capture function for DX10 and DX11 games and monitor history function. Also, built-in benchmark Kombustor has a lot of improvement. MSI encourage all graphics card users to try it, even you don't have a MSI graphics card. (but we highly recommend you to buy one!)

We plan to announce our next major Afterburner revision in coming month, we can assure you the best will be EVEN BETTER in next version! Stay tune!

Download:

[Afterburner v1.6.0 Changelog]
    • Added NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 series graphics cards support (including voltage control!)
    • Added voltage control for MSI N240GT Low Profile series graphics cards
    • Changed marketing name for MSI R5670-PD512 in hardware database
    • Added basic screen capture support by means of built-in screen capture engine of MSI On-Screen Display server. Now it is possible to assign the hotkey for capturing screenshots in BMP,PNG or JPG formats on desktop, in DirectX or in OpenGL applications
    • Added hardware monitoring history logging support. Now MSI Afterburner is able to save history in native RivaTuner Hardware Monitoring Log file format. The log files captured with MSI Afterburner can be viewed in any text editor like Notepad or in graphics form in RivaTuner's HML file viewer (RivaTuner must be installed for viewing log files in graphics form)
    • Added new safety option allowing forcring constant voltage on some cards with voltage regulators supporting programmable dynamic voltage management (e.g. VT1165 or uP6266). New safety option may improve stability on some systems a well as provide power state independent voltage control on the systems with non-standard voltage control implementation
    • Screen capture and On-Screen Display hotkey events are now being processed via direct connection to the On-Screen Display server instead of command line. Due to this change Screen capture and On-Screen Display visibility control hotkeys are being processed faster now
    • MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 3.7.1. New server gives you a lot of improvements including:
    • DirectX11 On-Screen Display and screen capture support
    • DirectX screen capture engine is no longer using DirectX runtimes to capture and compress screenshots. Screen capture and compression to PNG/JPG formats in DirectX applications is now handled by own more effective LIBPNG/JPEGLIB based library
    • PNG and JPG screen capture support for desktop and OpenGL applications
    • Adjustable JPG screen capture quality for experienced users
    • Screen capture support for DirectX10 and DirectX11 applications using multisampled antialiasing or non-standard frame buffer formats (e.g. sRGB)
    • Optional On-Screen Display 3D rendering mode. New mode uses 3D accelerated DirectX functions to emulate previously used 2D framebuffer access functions and render 2D text. New rendering mode provides On-Screen Display support in DirectX10 and DirectX11 applications using multisampled antialiasing and can also drastically reduce OSD related performance hit on the systems with badly optimized 2D acceleration in display drivers
    • Simplified On-Screen Display coordinate space settings. Rarely used desktop and window coordinate space modes have been merged into single framebuffer coordinate space mode
    • Now the server automatically selects framebuffer coordinate space instead of viewport coordinate space when viewport is not accessible (e.g. if pure Direct3D8 device is in use)
    • Improved application notification scheme during runtime profiles adjustment. Now runtime changes in OSD application profiles (e.g. OSD zoom ratio change on the fly) are reflected in affected application almost immedaitely instead of approximately 1 second delay in the previos versions
    • Reduced runtime skin engine memory footprint due to dynamic skin storage unloading
    • Improved race condition protection system for multithreaded 3D engines (e.g. Age of dragons : Origins and ArmA II)
    • Improved race condition protection system for the systems running multiple OSD applications simultaneously (e.g. OSD server, FRAPS and STEAM In-Game Chat)
    • Improved floating injection address hooking technology. Due to more advanced built-in code analyzer hooks can be injected deeper into 3D application code if stealth mode is enabled. These changes improve stealth mode compatibility with third party tools using similar stealth injection technologies (e.g. FRAPS v2.9.8 and newer)
    • Now stealth mode cannot be toggled during 3D application runtime to reduce the risk of crashing 3D application
    • Removed single screen capture per second limitation
    • Updated profiles list
    • Now MSI Afterburner distributive includes original 128x128 PNG application logo (stored in .\Graphics folder) for dockbar applications like RocketDock or ObjectDock
    • It is no longer necessary to close the application to save monitoring window attachment state
    • [Stop the task if it runs longer than 3 days] option is no longer set in the task settings when using alternate startup mode via the task scheduler under Windows Vista / Windows 7
    • Full list active of On-Screen Display server clients is now displayed in window instead of the most recent client
      [*]Floating tooltips help system is now reinitialized properly after runtime skin switching
      [*]Added Ukrainian localization

[Kombustor v1.0.10 Changelog]
    • Bugfix: when PCB1 temperature was enabled in Afterburner OSD, the PCB temperature was copied in GPU temperture.
    • Bugfix: in ATI cards indexing. The sorting is now the same than Afterburner.
    • Bugfix: config file was not properly loaded when Kombustor is launched from Afterburner.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Small side note: the final build is actually the last stable 1.6.0 beta 6 release with beta markers removed in the database. So don't search for any changes if you're migrating to final 1.6.0 from beta 6.

3. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Great work!

Thanks.

4. lenehan

lenehan Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7970 DirectCUII TOP
    Thanks for everything of the new upgrade.

5. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    thanks great work as allways

6. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    I don´t understand this. Why no german localization, but chinese and ukrainian?
    ablev

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  7. Unwinder

Probably because all localizations including the ones you mentioned have been contributed by the same users like you. Read it as : nobody of German users wanted to assist and create it. So you have two ways to go: create one yourself or continue complaining.

8. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    I don´t complaining, it was only a question and my english is too bad to create my own localization.

ablev

9. sikvdila

sikvdila Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X OC
    Unwinder btw I'll post my question here. I interested to creat Georgian Translation but first let me know afterburner supports utf-8 encoding to translate files?

10. Unwinder

Please refer to MSI Afterburner localization reference guide supplied with application. Afteburner's localization engine supports two different localization approaches: via custom resource library (supports unicode) and via translation database (supports ASCII only). However, I'd stronlgy recommend to use the second ASCII based way when possible and stay away from resource library method - it makes localization update process rather complex for you.

11. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
    Thanks m8, excellent tool.

12. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    this fixes the bug that crashes my rig when i try to OC the memory of my hd 5850 ? (works with AMD GPU Clock Tool)
    well to answer my own question.. no.. gotta post in bug reports now...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  13. Unwinder

Dream about publishing a version able to fix users' total lack of wish to peek into the documentation. There is no such bug, there is no such bugfix, all changes are documented in the first two postings.

14. Unwinder

No need to spam there, that thread is for collecting application bugs, not for endless user understanding issues forming 99% of the thead. Do a search for "Crossfire", "ULPS" and "EnableUnofficialOverclocking", the issue was discussed 1000 times. If you don't feel that you like to read anything, just and stay away from unlocking power user oriented unofficial overclocing functionality.

15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Thank you Unwinder!
    Such a great app!

16. gor1l1a

gor1l1a Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked
    How come if I try to set the voltage at anything above 1138 and hit apply, it goes back to 1138? I am using this on GTX 480's. Thanks!

17. Unwinder

How about peeking into application release notes prior to using any funciton? It contains the table of voltage adjustment capabilities (including voltage limits) for each supported model, it informs you taht the limits are defined by VGA BIOS on GTX 400 series. Also, beta 6 release notes contains more than clear notes on it:

- Upper limit for core voltage slider on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 series graphics cards has been upped to 1213mV. Please take a note that regular GTX 400 cards will not allow you to go beyond the reference voltage limits (1087mV for GTX 470 and 1138mV for GTX 480) until unlocked BIOS is flashed

18. Pandorum

Pandorum Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5970
    I have been unable to locate how to do this in the stickied FAQ, or by googling. Anybody know?

19. Unwinder

It can be adjusted via .\Bundle\OSDServer\SaveImage.cfg

20. Pandorum

Pandorum Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5970
    Wow works great. File size was more than cut in half going from 100->90 (assuming its percentage based) and I couldn't even tell the difference! Thanks~