3DMark Time Spy released

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by TDurden, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Wolf9an9

Wolf9an9 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800XT
    Before I pay to upgrade my 3DMark Basic version to the Advanced Edition, has anybody been able to run TimeSpy with the Basis Edition?

2. Wolf9an9

Wolf9an9 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800XT
    Before I pay to upgrade my 3DMark Basic version to the Advanced Edition, has anybody been able to run TimeSpy with the Basic Edition?

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes

Check one page earlier, its basic so i cant run custom runs but it works.

4. dgrigo

dgrigo Guest

GPU:
    TitanX
    Fury X need a position swap with Titan X as it seems faster....
    Please Fix Table.

5. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    DX12 wasn't a thing even when Kepler was released yet it supports some of its features. I think you don't know what you're talking about, the architecture makes certain features possible or not; you can't just slap some features on it.

On paper?
    When's the last time you saw conservative rasterization or raster-ordered views being used? Oh, you didn't? Then how do you know they don't work?

6. Wolf9an9

Wolf9an9 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800XT
    Thanks Tj,

However mine says not available with current license 1.0 - although I downloaded the latest update which includes TimeSpy.

Perhaps I should try downloading again.

EDIT:- I think I do not actually have TimeSpy available as the update I did was too quick for 3.9GB.

Maybe I will just use the special $10 upgrade to new Advanced edition which includes TimeSpy

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  7. Xuanzang

Xuanzang Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
    So i am able to run the Time Spy, but how to do custom benching with Time Spy? I already pay for the advanced version of 3DMARK a few months ago, and when i go to upgrade i have to pay for the advanced version once more? $20? even with the promo code?

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It was £3.49 to upgrade to the "advanced" edition.

9. EdInk

EdInk Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 (H20)
  10. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Conservative raster is used in new vxao and those new shadows htsl?

Its only basic in adv version. You need to buy dlc for unlocked timespy custom mode.. think its ~5€.

13. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    If they are worth anything, they are used in this test, right? It would be useless for Futuremark to build a comprehensive dx12 test and then just randomly leave stuff out of it. So, logic dictates they are there, but they aren't making Maxwell GPUs win any prizes. Look at Pascal, it's doing much better and acing the test. Async can give a significant boost already, but Nvidia wasn't interested in it when designing Maxwell (because it wasn't today's tech back then, to repeat myself), instead they opted to include stuff that doesn't seem to matter as much. That's why I say it's dx12 on paper but it's in reality a perfect dx11 GPU.

But yeah, I'm not a processor engineer, so you are free to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I can only derive assumptions based on statistics.

14. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
  15. C-Power

C-Power Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 White
    Here is my timespy score, quite happy with it considering I am running dual 2670's :)

3dmark.com/3dm/13244122

Score: 5897
    Gpu Score: 5778
    Cpu score: 6677

16. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Conservative raster-based effects are hardly available right now, it would help with ray traced shadows, global illumination and the likes (theoretically anything raytracing); all of these are heavy performance sinkers.
    VXAO while a nice feature, it's just that: an AO technique. AO is not exactly expensive in the first place.

And async compute's performance boost is not that big because it's highly situational. Hitman saw a 10% performance increase in the best cases for example. Unfortunately async compute at this time does seem big because DX12 has been a bit of a disappointment so far. There's barely any improvement from DX11 in titles that support both.

I'd have imagined that by now we'd actually have every DX12 feature put to work but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I've never seen my 280X struggle this much. Tahiti really start showing its age :

[​IMG]

18. Xuanzang

Xuanzang Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 7900 XTX
    Yes you are right, but when i go to Futuremark i can't seem to find where to buy just the upgrade key for Time Spy. :(

19. C-Power

C-Power Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 White
  20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I got a 2382 total score while having 5769 on cpu score. Gpu score was 2159. Yea Tahiti is old for sure now.