[Build/casemod log] GAME HARD, FOLD HARDER

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Hukkel, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Nice looking build so far very clean keep it up.

2. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Thank you very much :thumbup:

3. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    I have told you earlier I completely miscalculated the hight of the bottom section of the TJ07 resulting in the beautiful rad mount to not fit.

But due to new calculations I had could probably fix the problem myself and wouldn't have to re-order one. I just needed to take a few milimeters from the top and then it would just...about....fit.

Here is a picture after I chopped it. I almost had to cry modding such a well built piece :(

[​IMG]

Here is one after I painted the top to make it all black again. I know I will never see it when built in, but that is just how I am.

[​IMG]

Testfitting and another picture of the very nice mobo plate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did some measuring on exactly where it had to go after testfitting.

[​IMG]

Can someone tell me what went wrong in the following pictures? :bang:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got me a big pile of black 6-32 screws from the states. These should last me throughout the build I would think

[​IMG]

4. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    After fitting it (pictures later on because I also did something else) I sleeved some of the very nice orange led fans I have wanted for so long which will push (and some pull) the air through the radiators.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is just to show....how I feel about the readers of this buildlog :wubsmiley

[​IMG]

And this is my oldest daughter. She always wants to help her dad (usually resulting in making a big mess and such). So since she also liked the orange sleeving a lot I decided to give her a piece to play around with. She decided she needed a few meters of heatshrink as well :D

[​IMG]

I love her so much :)

5. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Alrighty, time for a new small update. Since I got the advice a rad with no fans is pretty muchy useless I went and installed the fans in the top. Man I love those fans. I also couldn't help myself, I had to testfit stuff just because I could even though I will need to take it apart again for sleeving of wiring and such. I like how it ended up. I also made some holes in the midplate for wiring behind the mobo plate and room for loads of wires and tubing inside the pillar. After that painting it black. But I forgot to take picture of it. :doh: The top grill looks pretty much flush now. There will be a cover over the 5,25 bays side. So no worries. Things are SLOWLY starting to take shape. But I need to buy me that mobo soon and some fittings :D BTW the MDPC package is only partly for this build. The sleeving is mostly for a PSU I am sleeving for someone else. But the titanium grey I might incorporante. I ordered 10 meters so I could try them a bit and see if it works or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
  7. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Time for a small update.

I had this idea for 2 SSDs. One being a Samsung one (black and orange duh) and the other being the same but put it in a new casing. Full acryl with Samsung engraved and finally (if doable) 2 or 3 LED holes in the side to add either orange or white leds and highlight the brandname.

How do you guys think it worked out? Be honest. They will feature on the back of the mobo plate side by side. More picture of them when they are fitted and the leds have been tried.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot for helping me out Marcel! I know it cost you quite some blood, sweat and tears to get them done the way I envisioned it! Top work!

[​IMG]

www.robocnc.nl

And I finally received my package that was sent by the most handsome man in the world :thumb: :D bearing the most beautiful name in the world. Thank you SO MUCH for helping me out man. :drunken:

Two i7-3770ks and 2 packages of 2*4GB Samsung low voltage, low profile ram. In other words; THE overclocking ram. One cpu is for me, one is for a friend and all the ram is mine. For this project :D

[​IMG]

8. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    iirc I read a thread about that those modules on another forum. Great clockers but high timings?!

9. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Well it depends on where your priorities lie. I mean at 1.65 you can get 2666 cl11 on them. But lower the clock a bit and you can go lower CL. 10 or maybe 9. It is overclocking ram since it comes in at 1.35v so plenty of headroom.

10. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    I think it is time to show this baby.

I have thought long and hard about this. I was almost sure I was going to buy the MSI Mpower. But in the end I couldn't resist. I got brainwashed by a couple of friends and by it gorgeous black and orange colourscheme (and of course the amazing specs of it and SIN's amazing results). So without further talking, lets just watch it in silence. ... :evo:

This is a rather odd shaped box...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weapon of choice.

[​IMG]

It is, it is..... :wth:

[​IMG]

:wheee: :drool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to thank Ben from Salland who not only gave this project a very nice discount, but he also added two shirts in the package to give away to viewers. Not sure if they will be given away here. All depends on the amount of replies from people. Thank you very much Salland and thank you very much Ben!!! :thumbsups

[​IMG]

www.salland.eu

11. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Nice :thumbup:

12. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Thanks, more coming soon.

13. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    nice job so far...

let me know what you think off the mobo,
    i pre ordered the same..as far as i have read some revieuws they should be good :D

anyway have fun with youre project

14. Area 51

Area 51 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce 580 /SLI
    Orange and Black

Nice to see someone else using MDPC, on another orange and black build like mine,looks great nice choice of mobo I like that one too:infinity::infinity::infinity:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  15. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Thank you very much, once I start using it and overclocking it I will report about that :)

I really wanted your mobo but it wasn't available anymore. Then luckily this one was being released.

Yup MDPC is awesome. I do a lot of sleeving jobs for others as well and always use MDPC-X.

16. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    My appologies for the ghastly quality of the photos. My neighbour is too busy with his own stuff atm so he cannot help me out. So with yellowish light and a generic birthday picture taking camera this is what I got. Please don't hit me...

If I don't use a flash the orange becomes....pinkish :waah:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    I WANT MY MOBO GGRRRRRRRR....

looks good,cant wait until i got mine deliverd

18. Hukkel

Hukkel Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD7850 DD
    Thanks. Yeah this is an epic mobo. I personally rate it over the ASUS ROG ones by quite a margin. Technical superior.

19. Area 51

Area 51 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce 580 /SLI
    Advancements

That board has one thing mine doesnt which is the dual LAN,my old 590SLI had it and it was great,the new 32 phase power and Virtu MVP for the graphics is cool,very nice board looks really solid:infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity:

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    LOL at first I was like "why on earth go for orange on the excellent black TJ-07!?"

Then I scrolled down as sore the Gigabyte Z77-UP7 board, and all is understood ;)

Great board mate, excellent overclocker! I am sure I read somewhere that someone got a 3770K to 6.0GHz on LN2 on that board!!

Also that RAM is simply beast! Unless your going to water cool the ram too I would seriously consider some RAM cooler you can get the triple 30mm fan coolers for cheap now and I am sure one comes in orange and black too. They are noisy but at least it will help cool those naked RAM chips!

GREAT BUILD! LOVING THE WORK!!!

p.s/ Your daughter is beautiful :)