Palit GeForce GTX 680 4GB edition photo's

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

We have some photo's available of Palit's 4GB version of their JetSrream GeForce GTX 680. This is the first customized GeForce GTX 680 with 4GB becoming available really soon. In fact we have this...

More...

2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I guess these 4gb cards will result in plummet of Quadro and Tesla sales - who needs to pay that much money when you can get a cheaper card with tons of ram?

3. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    No because GPGPU is crippled on the GTX680

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Other then that, don't businesses using Quadro cards get contracts involving more professional support from NVIDIA?

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah, I have a buddy who works for an automobile company, mainly does design in catia - but whenever he's having a problem graphics wise, he just calls Nvidia and they will write custom drivers to fix issues.

But at the same time there is still a reason to cripple GPGPU performance. I know a lot of people, mostly in the Media field, that bought CUDA based consumer level graphics in order to accelerate operations in Premiere/After Effects/Avid/etc. By crippling performance it gives people that do that type of work more of a reason to use the professional based cards. Although it's still significantly faster then using a non-cuda solution, so it's not like a total loss.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's kind of a trade off really, but more professional company's with the money to back it up are obviously going to go for the Quadro's.

7. Dancop

Dancop Guest

GPU:
    Mine two are coming tomorrow! Another guy called naennon @ hwluxx germany has one right now!

8. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Look forward to the review of this. Seems the 4gb version has appeared quite quickly!

9. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    So why are people buying these cards if they are crippled? Would not make sense for people on this site to do that. Surely they would wait as it's a lot of money.

10. Dancop

Dancop Guest

GPU:
    Be careful with the 4GB Version! IT IS NOT OVERCLOCKED as described everywhere.
    One user has this card and I called PALIT Germany...so the 4GB Version is not overclocked!

11. Dancop

Dancop Guest

GPU:
  12. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

Confirmed (!) i just installed the card. It is running at ref clocks of a 1006 Mhz baseclock and 6008 MHz on the memory. The news item is now reflecting this properly.