AMD 14.4 issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MentalParadox, Aug 3, 2014.

1. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    You should just tell the error code, as it always don't care about which language the windows is. ;)
    ----
    Back to topic.
    It should be Code 19, and you make sure you are reading graphic driver, not USB or CD/DVD rom, right?

Based on the information on Internet, it is because some driver has using UpperFilters or LowerFilters to control the graphic card, normally you can just remove it to fix it.
    Try this one, and remember to backup the registry before you do this.
    http://www.megaleecher.net/Solution_For_Windows_Device_Driver_Error_Code_19

And also, if this is fixed by using this ways, I will recommend that you PM the dev of the DDU, or just post to the DDU's thread, so that he can take a look on your case, and improve the cleanup too. :)
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505

PS:It may be some software just somehow putting the filters to the wrong device again and again.
    ---
    And ya, yellow ! don't always means there is no driver, but there is a error with the device or driver config or driver.
    Except the information of the error tell you that it is no driver like Code 28 or 31 etc. , then it is better to post about this information too.

2. MentalParadox

MentalParadox Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6800
    Yup, It's a code 19.
    Also, last time I checked, the Radeon HD 6850 is a graphics card, and AMD Catalyst are drivers for those. ;-)

I'm currently working on the steps you linked to me, I'll report back when I have news!

Here's a pic that describes my problem quite well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  3. MentalParadox

MentalParadox Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6800
    BenYeeHua, you're my hero. The steps descibed in that megaleecher thread fixed my problem!

But there's more. I'm not sure you know what the Oculus Rift is, but I recently received my DK2 prototype. When messing around in the registry, I noticed I did not have a "LowerFilter" at all, and the "UpperFilter" one had an additional line of description... it said "RiftEnabler".

RiftEnabler must refer to the Oculus Runtime, the drivers for the Rift if you will. Could those drivers have overwritten something GPU related, and accidentally temporarily bricked my GPU?

4. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Or cause I know. ;)

For the Filter, it is for this.
    And thank for the sharing, I will post about this on DDU threads and see did anything DDU can do about this.:)

5. MentalParadox

MentalParadox Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6800
    Ok, bad news. Drivers appear fine, but my computer keeps blue screening every few hours. Windows simply states the graphics card and the driver "stopped working", but not why. I find this weird as I've tried a million different drivers at this point and everything looks fine.

6. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Hi,
    Try returning to stock clock on your system just to be sure,
    Also, where is the location of the upper/lower filter key that you changed that allowed to install your driver?
    Was it under this key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}) ?
    I dont have the oculus Rift (yet :p )

7. MentalParadox

MentalParadox Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6800
    Yup, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> System -> CurrentControlSet -> Control -> Class.

Stock clock? What clock?

8. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I hope your graphic card is not having physical issues...

And ya, can you go to the DDU thread and give the backup registry?
    He need some info for the Oculus Rift, so he could support the driver cleanup better with Oculus Rift installed. :)
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4888592#post4888592
    ----
    Anyways, back to topic.

The BSoD or TDR normally caused by overclock or unstable PSU, you may wanna restore the overclock, and also use some tools like HWiNFO to check the voltage is stable or not.

And also provide the minidump, it can still be the other driver issues.
    It is at the %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
    ---
    lol, I should post after reading all the page. :D
    Anyways, provide the registry will be helpful, or maybe the Oculus Rift installer too?

9. MentalParadox

MentalParadox Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6800
    I'll get to that ASAP. There's one thing that may be interesting to know. This computer has had its graphics card fried before. Completely fried, while playing GTA IV. Flashy colors everywhere - fried. I had to get the card replaced with the exact same model of card (it's a pre-built computer from HP). HP is notorious for overheating issues. I've almost lost a HP laptop due to temperature exceeding 105°C (221°F).

I'm afraid it is possible my card is physically damaged, but I'll send the DDU guys the registry backup.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  10. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Ya, it can be, maybe you should check did you still has warranty or not?
    I guess it can be the OEM(HP) don't provide better PSU, so while gaming, it has a heavy job to done...

And ya, thank for the registry backup too. :)

11. MentalParadox

MentalParadox Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6800
    Nah, lost warranty a few months ago.
    I'll try to ride it out until early 2016. I have a $750/year budget for PC parts =D