Need advice ASAP

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Mraz, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    That doesnt explain why they are selling it for 50% of the price.
    They can easily sell it for much much more.
    This is an age old trick to lure in the unsuspecting.

This at a minimum, but...
    Even then, there may be something wrong with them.
    ie they are stolen and/or broken.

Even if a card looks brand new, its easy to be fooled.
    I've opened boxes before and the sealing labels have just popped up without tearing.
    If somebody makes a concerted effort to put a broken/stolen card in another box to make it look new/legit, its not that hard.
    They might have a few chances if they get a few new boxes.
    If the serial numbers dont match or something else is out of whack, they can easily avoid warranty issues.

I wouldnt do this, if it smells really bad, its got to be at least bad.

2. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    A fool and his money are easily parted!

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Repairs are a completely different kettle of fish altogether - when a customer gives you his computer he is entering into a verbal contract between himself and the technician.

Once work is completed he pays to get his rig back, if he can't pay then the tech has the right to sell his rig to recover costs.

4. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    Please tell me where the store is so i may offer them 600$ :p

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    $89 bucks cheaper than a 680 ftw 4gb on newegg. Seems legit

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    This thread reminds me of when fake Core i7's were on the market a few years back...maybe the OP could find one to go with his new Titan lol

8. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    So I called the store today to get the explanation for the 50%, because I wasnt sure I got them right for the first time, and you made me feel insecure and I started to panic like a bi**h, so here's what I've got from them.

They basically said the original buyer ordered two GTX Titan's for himself, and for such an expensive product he had to give 50% up front for each card, and so he did. Only to call them a few days later and cancel the order, and asking for he's money back, but since the store paid for the product in full price, they told him they wont issue a refund to him, actually making him pay for half of the price of the product for the next two lucky buyers!

So long story short I can only thank this random dude for paying 500$(for half) of my GTX Titan, which I will pick up and reserved for 2nd of May!

I hope this clarifies it, since I see how many of you were naysayers, so still it seems in the end I get my GTX Titan for half a price :banana:

Very funny Pill -.-

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'm not buying that, like someone else said they could easily sell the card to another customer for full price.
    But go for it, at the end of the day you might prove us all wrong, then you'll be the one laughing. ;)

What store is it?

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Bullsh1t! Store can't give a refund because they had to pay to get the cards in? You seriously buying that pile of nonsense?

Link the site pls.

11. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Croatian store ADM.hr(Acquisitum magnum)

But that for me was only a lucky draw, I just called them to check to they even have them in stock, and the guy just told me that story, and said they have two! I immediately told him reserve one for me for 2nd of May, I cant come before 2nd of May for it, he said ok, and that's it.

Actually I think I might be the only person with the other guy who will buy the other Titan, for such a price, since that guy did us such a favor xD

12. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    http://www.adm.hr/

Btw that store is the most popular store here in Croatia, its something similar to Newegg...

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    newegg dont sell titans for half price man, I wouldnt buy that card unless you can try it out first

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    In my experience if something is too good to be true then thats normally the case.

You also get what you pay for, which maybe a card that has a problem or two for that price.

15. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    I dont understand why is it so hard for you guys to accept that the guy couldnt get the refund, and they offered two people that opportunity to buy them in half a price, since the other half is paid already, they have no losses, they already got half, and by placing them at half a price they know they would sell out immediately and so it happened.

Anyway on 2nd of May I will see what will happen, all I know is I got my Titan reserved for 500$, since that dude was out of luck I guess.

Other than that I cant tell you much, I just dont understand all this negativity coming out from you people...

And my original question didnt even got answered because of this price thing going on in the last one billion posts.

Would this card be actually worth it in the long terms, except the VRAM I dont see anything else special about it.

I dont even know how does it perform when in par with my Lightning OC'ed, other than it has more VRAM.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    if that's the case, I fail to understand how they can not issue a full refund.

EDIT: they're listing asus titans for £957, why would they sell you one for $500???

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  17. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Honestly, I dont know and I dont care...

I will post pictures and whatnot on 2nd of May when I get my hands on it...

EDIT: Read post #28

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Why didnt they let him have one of them since he had paid enough??
    They can return the unsold one or sell it, theres no way they would make a loss.
    Why the urgency to sell them so fast, and why so cheap?
    Their story is a lie.

They still havent satisfactorily explained why they are selling them for 50%.
    They struck gold and now want to pass all that gold onto someone else??
    I dont think so.

They could quite easily buy it themselves at 50% and put it on Ebay for 80% if there is nothing wrong with it.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    why don't you understand that they could put those titans on ebay for say £600 and they would sell within an hour? that would make them some extra $430 compared to selling them for $500. and one more thing, shops are not in it to break even and recover the cost, they're in it to make money. It's that simple. you'll regret this.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I read it. it's BS what they told you. that much is clear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.