Travelling the world...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by BLEH!, Dec 3, 2013.

1. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    Singapore should be the easiest/most convenient to travel to and enjoy. Its a small city with modern infrastructure and a lot of accomodation choices =) any questions about SG feel free to PM me

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    HAHA! That would be fun!

Enjoy it mate, sounds like a great idea! I would love to do something like that. Plan is road trip around Europe first, then states/canada at some point!!

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    ok am def coming now! u had me pretty much sold on the raki+kebabs

i would love to see Turkey again. it's always been high up on my list ever since i was first there as part of a university hist project!

a summer trip could be arranged!

p.s fresh watermelons saved my raki hangovers...:) man trying to drink that stuff neat after wine+beer+other stuff was something I found very hard to do and i'd consider myself made of harder stuff. (brought tears to my eyes and almost lost it, not good face when surrounded by locals).

am sure solo and good quality it's a different matter.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    First stop of any UK citizen is Spain.
    Bienvenidos,tenemos toros,paella,vino cerveza y muucha playa.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    of course! my second home and now my family is British/Spanish!

will be interesting to see how British/Spanish the wee one will look. so far not Spanish at all (except for her very dark eyes).

this year will be near Tarragona.

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I am located in southern Spain,and i dealt with forums members visiting .
    I must say for the record, one thing is to chat on a forum,another is drinking beer with your mate from the interwebz.

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    not sure what you mean? depends entirely on the person.

i wouldnt treat anyone differently i met online from anyone i had known for years.

i hope you dont judge all of us brits on what you see when they are on their hols.

the lion or wolf is out then. which is no excuse ofc!

p.s es porque les llaman las inglesas lobas no? :) (which means "its why spanish call english girls werewolves"

8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Mate,you got it all backwards!
    I meant that i enjoyed having tons of beer and having geek talk with a forum member.
    And i will enjoy for sure,with another guru or forum member.
    For the record i must confess i drink like a lord when i gather with all"brits" i know from the nearest village,a bunch of old cockneys.
    OP ,will you consider Spain also?

9. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    OP, I recommend you splurging in a nice portable camera. don't capture a trip like this with just a p&s haha.

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    ok perdido en el translation. i thought u were referring to a time you met someone from the interwebz and it was a fail....or something along those lines.

and yeah op spain has to be your best bet if you want to avoid serious expense!

food/weather/people/beautifull women!

i would also suggest France esp Lyons but prob 2 cold france for xmas.

11. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I might consider Spain, bit warm for my liking, but it's one place I haven't been.

Good idea. My current phone (Xperia S) has a 12 MP one, though the focusing is terrible and lack of internal storage (used up by music) really doesn't help.

I do like mediterranean girls, semi-seeing one from Greece atm. Been to France loads of times, full of French people... enough said :p. And with regards to cold, I'm spending Xmas in Sweden... XD

12. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    I wouldn't rely on a phone for a trip like this hahah, you're even better off with a point and shoot film camera haha

13. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    First stop is at the BUS stop !!!!

14. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Aaaargh. Charlie Brown style Aaargh.

I'm jealous and stir crazy reading this thread - and now I'm wondering who's gramma' I can beat up to pay for such a trip.

Come to Iowa, enjoy all there is to offer!

Hot chicks!
    [​IMG]

Wildlife!
    [​IMG]

Awesome weather!
    [​IMG]

/sigh -- I'm happy for you though! Gl and hf in your travels, gratz on the Doc!

15. chasus

chasus Guest

GPU:
    -
    Perhaps a good idea is to have internet access via your smart phone in all those countries and cities. Check with your phone carrier about roaming charges and see what plans they offer. Alternatively, you might be able to buy local pre-paid SIM card with phone and internet access right at the airport of the city.

Must plan this well ahead of time.

16. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Well I guess I can add some of my "travel" experiences if you can call it that from my recent trip to Sweden over Xmas.

1) Swedish people are stupidly generous and hospitable.
    2) Alcohol is FUUUUUUUU HOW MUCH!?!?!
    3) Transfer flights are not fun, nor is having to spend £100 on a taxi when the trains stop running due to suicides.
    4) Sometimes the solitary life is better than travelling with people. I went with 2 of my oldest friends, and even such company becomes tedious after a few days.