New RivaTunerStatisticsServer is ready, testers wanted!

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Unwinder, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fershlugg

Fershlugg Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 670
    I'm trying to start beta 4 but I get a message that:

'Some of RTSS components are expired, missing or corrupted!'

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Extract all files from RAR properly.

3. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Alex, I'm hooome. :D

Metro 2033. Good news is that DX10 is perfect fine. Bad news is that DX9 is not showing neither 3D on or off. :(
    Don't shoot the messenger, please.

4. Unwinder

Weird, I've not implemented any changes into 2D DX9 path. Was it working in DX9 before with 3D mode off?

5. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    AFAIK yes. Last night it shows FPS with 3D off.
    I'll try again.

6. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Nope. I've tried different combinations, 3D on/off, closing RTSS and game, launching RTSS again and game and nothing in DX9. :(

7. Unwinder

Then I guess we just need to wait till tomorrow when I get (hopefully) my official copy of Metro 2033. ;) And in meanwhile I keep installing and testing the games from my collection. The following ones have been added to tested/supported list:

Gears of war
    The chronicles of Riddick : assault on dark athena
    Trine
    Empire : Total war
    Codename : panzers - cold war

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  8. BVALJALO

BVALJALO Member

GPU:
    GB WF GTX670(1337c/7000m)
    Okay, well, I finally got a clue ... turned off the Steam 'in-game community access' overlay thing in Metro 2033 ... boom ... RTSS OSD appeared. And it is sweet.

I'm not sure if taking a screen shot via the regular ctrl-prtscn is supposed to work, but ... it apparently does not. Not the usual black screen when I try to paste either ... nothing on the clipboard at all.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  9. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Alex you have a comprehensive collection of games. :eek3:
    I hope that you'll enjoy your Metro 2033 copy with your Fermi sample... :nerd:

10. Unwinder

Yep, but sadly most of 'em were purchased just for compatibility/stability testing so I've not played even a half of 'em. I with I had more free time for that though ;)
    Anyway, Metro 2033 and C&C4 boxes are already on my table so I hope that I'll be able to reproduce and resolve the issue myself really soon. However, we've scheduled a beer party with my friends tonight that's why I'm not sure that I'll arrive to home in working mood today. So I doubt that new build will arrive earlier than tomorrow :D

11. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    [​IMG] Working mood after a beer party? [​IMG]
    Enjoy your free time with your friends, RTSS can wait. :)

12. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    With Metro 2033 I have got to enable/disable or disable/enable (works both ways)in DX10 , DX9 "On-screen Display 3D" before starting the game , if I don't do this there is no OSD.

Further there are no problems.

13. Unwinder

Got Metro 2033 installed, really love this game. Summary on OSD:

- 3D OSD mode in DX11 should work in any beta version of 3.7.0
    - DX10 renderer in this game is indeed not a pure DX10 but DX11 with reduced feature level. So all tools displaying 3D API usage info (RT, Precision, Afterburner or ATT) will show DX11 even when DX10 is selected. And it is correct because the game is still using DX11 API in this case. 3D OSD should work flawlessly starting from 3.7.0 beta 4 where support for DX11 applications using emulated DX9/DX10 via DX11 with reduced feature levels was added.
    - Lack of OSD display in DX9 (with both 2D and 3D modes) in 3.7.0 and previous RTSS versions is not OSD rendering issue, it is a hooking issue. When DX9 renderer is selected the game is supressing third party hooks due to some odd reason and preventing the server from connecting to it and displaying OSD or monitoring the framerate. It can be resolved by creating application profile and setting high application detection level in it. Also, you can always detect such applications and issues (i.e. hooking related issues) and bypass their anti-hook systems by starting a game, alt-tabbing THEN starting the server.

Also tested new OSD in Command and Conquer 4 : Tiberium twilight. Seem to work fine too.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  14. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Thanks for the info , this works.

15. Raptor5150

Raptor5150 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 SC EE
    osd works for me in BF2BC in xp/ dx9 no problems so far

16. sam3000

sam3000 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX970
    I get this error too. I've tried different utilities to extract the RAR file (peazip and linux unrar), didn't make any difference. I've not previously had any issue with rar files that you've generated. Ran procmon to see if I could tell why rtss was barfing, nothing stood out.

Might there be some dependency that most people happen to have?

17. Unwinder

Don't think that it is dependency. Most likely it is still incorrect extraction. Ensure that your archiever application doesn't alter original RTSS file modification date and time. If these things are altered, beta build won't work.

18. Raptor5150

Raptor5150 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 SC EE
    I made the mistake of moving the folder and it gets errors now, deleted and d/l again still not working. I use winrar and cannot find any options for stopping it from changing the time stamp... :(

19. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    I get a PB kick in all PB enabled MP games ..

error is "Unknown or Disallowed Program/Driver" or something similar

The only solution is to revert back to v3.1.1 .. plz. look into this as i need to run the statistics server and play PB enabled MP games at the same time .. Some examples of such games are CoD4, BFBC2, Crysis Wars ...

20. Unwinder

1) Enable stealth mode
    2) RTFM, please look into this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.