ViewSonic Unveils VX2770Sml-LED: 27″ Frameless Full HD Display

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 1, 2013.

1. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    All manufacturers stepped away from 16:10 resolutions and went back to 16:9 as it gives better pixel ratio's.
    And 600Hz on a television has nothing to do with the 120Hz you see on a monitor. A TV is never ever really 600Hz, ever. That's just a number they stick on it relating to the internal working of the display convertor. The real explanation for this is very technical and I don't remember it, but trust me, there are no real 600Hz tv's.
    And you would never want a monitor @600Hz, because that would mean you would never ever be able to activate V-sync, as no PC can keep a game steady at 600FPS, except for games of 10 years ago maybe. So expecting that is a bit ridiculous.

So, I don't expect to see what you want soon.

2. rocca

rocca Member

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X Boost
    Just like the Dell S2740L and other screens with the same LG panel, this screen DOES have a bezel and the marketing picture is a shameless FAKE, LIE, SCAM. They market it as edgeless because the glass does indeed cover the entire surface from edge to edge, but behind it the frame around the screen actually exists, it's somewhere around 1cm.

Just like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS96RjxxU7A

So no, no 3-way monitor setup with no bezel.