Nvidia GeForce 310.61 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by AndyB, Nov 20, 2012.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Release 310 drivers (310.33, 310.54, 310.61) introduced new power-optimizing enhancements. As a result of these enhancements, you may notice that GPU core clock speeds are different with this driver for desktop and notebook GPUs. For example, the GPU core clock might be faster when the GPU is in idle mode than in previous drivers. Or you may notice higher GPU core clock speeds after closing or opening certain games than in previous drivers.
    This is because the reported GPU core clock frequency is no longer correlated to GPU power-saving states. Instead of lowering the GPU core clock frequency, the hardware and software use other methods to put the GPU into a low power state when the GPU is idle or in response to changing application requirements. This ensures optimum power while providing high graphics performance.

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    nice one, thanks for the headsup. is there any possible bf3 fixes included? Something you figured out and need further testing in the new beta? driver?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  3. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI
    Our upcoming WHQL should address the issues reported.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    sorry to bother about bf3 fixes :p but any ETA on this? 1 week, 2 weeks aprox.?

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    New driver so soon :banana::funny:
    Can you tell us if it'll be the WHQL one you speak of? :p

Never mind, see it posted now.

6. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI
    No ETA. We want to address as many of the issues as possible so everyone can have a problem-free experience in all of this year's great games over the holiday period.

Today's is 310.64 beta. Ups Far Cry 3 performance significantly.

7. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    That's understandable. Thanks guys for being patient with us and keeping us informed. I love how ManuelG teased and you told us when! Made me laugh :)

8. c6643

c6643 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 2G
    I found my new GTX660 can't run correct clocks on Assassins Creed III and MechWarriorOnline. I had tried two different setup ,so I think is forceware's bug.

When i playing these game,

the core clocks even below 980 MHz

like this

[​IMG]
    (It's playing Assassins Creed III)

It's makes me very very low fps

But i tried play Hitman 5 , that is no any problem about clock, so i think my card not broken.

my sets:
    q9550 + Asus p5qd turbo +Asus gtx660-dc2-2gd5

i3-2100 + Asus p8h61-m + Asus gtx660-dc2-2gd5

They have same issue.

BTW,I have same problem with 310.61/306.97/310.64 .

9. IchigoQc

IchigoQc Guest

GPU:
    GTX 660 TI Boost Ed

Yep I have the same issue, at first I had the BF3 has stopped working which I fixed by deleting my BF3 settings folder and I unchecked sync all my games within origin settings but then I had fps drop while respawing or fast turning corner. Can't really explain but I never tried the 310 beta driver before I was on 306 and this one was the best for BF3. It's a shame cause it's smoother in borderlands 2 with physx enable but well ... it wasn't that bad guess I'll roll back to 306 for smooth gameplay in BF3.

10. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    hi GTX 670 users

how is performance with AC 3 or last Hitman

11. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    VSync-Stutter back in action with this driver, also with the other 310.XX betas.
    Not in all games but the following:
    Bioshock 2
    Halo 2
    Hitman Absolution
    Half-Life 2 + all the Episodes with Fakefactory-Mod and without

I must admit I didn't play these games with older drivers as I am replaying most of them for nostalgia right now but I'm pretty sure Bioshock didn't stutter with WHQL drivers. Hitman Absolution has really bad and annoying stutter, especially if you play with a controller with really steady 60fps.

12. aufkrawall

aufkrawall Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC 2-Way SLI
    Ah thanks.
    Did you send it to "aufkrawall" and not "aufkrawall2"?
    I had some trouble with the new forum software and so temporary had to create a new account of which I don't have the password anymore.
    So, if you sent it to aufkrawall2, could you please send it again to aufkrawall?
    I've not received a PM with it. :(

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: Nevermind, got the other account working again. :)

13. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    so wait, you want out feedback, but nevertheless you cant be honest about something we all ask?

whats the point of giving you info if we your loyal costumers cant have a clue of whats going on for new or old games?

why should i even try to help nvidia anymore testing their drivers, my old games are not working anymore and we just see some new game get support, while you guys keep messing up the old games that where working?

be legit so maybe we (your custormers) feel that reporting issues are worth it.

ppl have been reporting lots of issues with bf3 and yet no eta on them fixes? why just cuz farcry has tons of 9/10 reviews? so u can shine with those reviews for that only single game? i know its a marketing issue, but we are not stupid or ignorant to see the real facts, stop treating us like this and ppl will help you out.

Sorry for the flames, but planetside2 crash from yestarday made me upset, and my friends crash when we where in a helo on bf3, caused by your driver, made us change to another servers cuz wen he tried to conecct again the server was full, and we where having such a good time there, but got interrupted by negiglence of your part.

ps: this is just ONE example of what ´´testing´´ your drivers does to the gaming comunity, you can see its annoying, and we dont buy 400+usd cards just to get annoyed for free, now dont you?

14. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    i see many people talk about bf3 fixes. what is it that needs fixing? i was using WHQL this whole time and installed beta only today.

15. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    wtf, my clocks are in constant max with these drivers even when just browsing around, no wonder its hotter than usual

16. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I'm testing beta drivers so I can report issues, that's what beta drivers are good for. Performance with previous WHQL drivers may be worse, but I didn't experience any crashes.

17. TheAgeOfMen

TheAgeOfMen Master Guru

GPU:
    750M
    This is realy a bad driver, nothing works propery and even my w8 x64 hangs/freezes > never had such a bad experience with any driver before.

Dit a clean install, also not working properly.

Back to the WHQL.

18. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    That's a really bad problem description and I severely doubt that "nothing works".