G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    anyone here got a 4gb card and modded their games with all or almost all gfx enhancements?

i ask i plan to upgrade my pc as my gtx580 isnt coping well with only 1.5gb of vram :( i get 60+ fps constant but vram runs out within seconds

2. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Most likely, since i'm not even finished with my first playthrough, even though i own the game since day one.

I guess the game is just too open for me.
    Also i'm not really that much into the fantasy genre, i'm more a sucker for sci-fi (just finished ME3).

Just playing in short bursts from time to time, getting kinda dull.

3. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Man i have been playing, this game every day for 4 to 6 hours and i am at only level 38. And i got this November 30 2011. Now that's! a game. This game is so fun it's given me a :3eyes:

4. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    yep. I didnt event get all that deep on my run and quit in anticipation for some decent mods and im not sure i ever wanna do that again (and its been 3 months already)

Now wheres the new Oscuros overhaul + xp leveling mod for skyrim :p

5. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    either it was the drivers (nvidia 300 series) or the ultra realistic ligthing mod that altered the AO in my game. It seems that AO is not showing on outside but AO is still clearly visible on inside places...

6. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Some of the mods i'm using:
    - Enhanced LOD
    - No Levelling world / Levelling stopper
    - Eat Drink Sleep
    - Lower NPC Greeting Distance

plus i have restarted the game without following the dragon story, i can now say this is finally the game i wanted. Quite realistic combat, lots of side quests to do and a great world to explore without being harassed by flying beasts all the time - roleplaying at its best.

7. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    One serious bow.

[​IMG]

Just unlocked Enchanting > Extra Effect
    Definitely must have.
    My traveling kit.

[​IMG]

8. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Not sure if its related but i found with the 300 series drivers i ended up with 2 profiles after i imported my NVIDIA Inspector settings, "The Elder Scrolls Skyrim 5" and "The Elder Scrolls Skyrim V".

Don't know if Nvidia changed the name of the profile or it was something i messed up but the two were conflicting and messing up my AO plus other things.

9. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I pre-ordered this game because I was counting on tons of replay value; it's the first time I've bought a game before it had been ought a year or more in well, years... I played 185ish hrs before taking a break from it and I'll delve back into it in a few weeks or so and try some mods out. Heck, I haven't even made a Mage or a Sword and Board character yet. :nerd:

10. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Its ruined by the patch 1.5.x i think, i tried using Fallout 3 flags for AO and its now working fine again, can't play the game without AO all this time lol

11. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I can't. I don't find it especially stimulating. Acquire high level and follow arrow.
    I think the game series could use a bit more puzzles and better combat. The game is big, but kind of lacks in complexity.

12. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I agree. It's like instead of making it a better game they just try to fix the obvious errors while maintaining and "improving" upon their casual rpg design. At least this time around the world felt a bit less generic with some decent atmosphere even tho it still doesnt come anywhere near Morrowind on that department. Im still hoping for a true to the lore jungle mod to replay Oblivion with ooo+mmm

13. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    Hey guys, getting frustrated at the monent with skyrim! :)

I met Esbern and he bugged so I noclipped through his door, this seemed to have worked, but now having him back in riverwood in the inn, he stands right next to Delphine but wont engage in conversation :mad:

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Reload a save before it happened.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

16. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Hi,
    I had the same prob, Esbern had no voice.
    What makes it worse is Esbern is spose to speek at the Peace Treaty at the Greybeards at a later quest and you won't be able to continue on with game.

Found my resolve here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:A_Cornered_Rat#Bugs
    I used the BSA Unpacker to unpack "Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa".
    That made it so Esbern had his voice and everything played like it was meant to.

17. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    out of all the realistic lighting or mods that alter the game's visuals, i prefer ULTRA REALISTIC WORLD LIGHTING for Skryim. makes the colors more vibrant and little to no loss in performance.

18. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Hmmmm. I wonder if there's a way to create a mega-macro which opens your magic-menu, scrolls down x times, selects the spell you wanted, arms it and fires it.

And that for all spells depending which words you shout into your mic.

You'd need to learn all spells you have. :D hahaha (just me and my nonsense)

19. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    lol...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Either of them make short work of those pesky dragons.
    Both weapons I made legit without using any exploits playing vanilla skyrim.
    Can anyone say "Overkill!"

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  20. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 SOC
    Nice bows, the best one i have "found" during a thieves guild quest was around 300 damage, plus ice damage i think. very nice. But doesnt compare to my lightning/fire 660 damage Daedric. Weapons and armour like that ruin the game for me though. i prefer to use things i find along the way, keeps it interesting.

Much more fun then super dragon armour plus super daedric weapons, plus two dremora lords plus a baddass immortal dog, plus a follower with armour and weapons just as strong as mine. Too easy even on master like that. And dont get me started on Shadowmere, that thing can tank dragons, well most of the time :)