Creative Fatal1ty 800 headset

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Timo2, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Timo2

Timo2 Guest

GPU:
    9600m GT (280 burned out)
    I ran a search but couldn't find a thread.

Worth buying? Should I get something else? This kit appears to be universally approved of everywhere I look.

But does anyone have a better choice for similar cash?

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I have both the USB and the analog versions. Do NOT buy the USB version. I've had nothing but problems with that one.

They fit my head perfectly though so I think they are pretty comfortable. They aren't the best quality either but for the price they are pretty decent.

3. Timo2

Timo2 Guest

GPU:
    Thanks. Comfort is important but clarity of the mic is something I'd like to know more about. If you could comment it would be appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Mic quality is nice and clear. I use it almost every day and none of my friends have complained that they couldn't hear me.

5. Timo2

Timo2 Guest

GPU:
    Nice. That's what I wanted to know. Thanks man.

6. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    This guy is right on. Whatever you end up choosing,make sure it's analog.

7. Timo2

Timo2 Guest

GPU:
    Thanks all, and ESlik for backing up. Very hard to get this stuff right when I'm not the 000000.1 percent and have to think hard about buying things that are important to me.

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Oh god, don't buy this. The audio quality is so bad. I just shelved mine. They're also pretty uncomfortable over long periods. The mic quality is decent I guess.

9. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Was going to comment earlier myself, but 20 bucks for headphones and a mic, what can you do?

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I suppose that's true, unfortunately.

11. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You never know, maybe one day he'll want to spend a little more. I've said it before and will again, audio is severely overlooked for PC setups. Not just for gaming but in general.

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yeah I've known this, I've stalked the audio section for years but it always seems like an afterthought, like it's not really something worth spending money on.

13. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Yup. Most people are, it's all about giving things a chance. People are naturally very visually orientated, and while they might love music and/or audio they don't often consider that there can be a difference in sound quality. It takes very little (At least with decent advice pertaining to budget) to make a massive difference. I'm glad you bit the bullet. The more that realise it the better, as I said to you once: I hate to think of anyone using such an awful headset.

I'm really glad that you're happy with your new sound setup. I must admit when recommending stuff like that it's a little worrying. Almost every time you do people are happy, but you get that one in a handful that genuinely cannot tell the difference for whatever reason. The CAL (D1001) + Z is a fantastic combo, and I'm guessing it's made a bigger difference to your enjoyment of computer related media than most other upgrades over the past 5 years.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    In all honesty, the sound difference was almost too much at first. My brain wasn't used to hearing so much detail, and still really isn't. listening to music right now is like the actual activity I'm using my PC for, instead of just an addition to whatever else I was doing. Didn't really expect that.

15. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I think the fact you went from that Fatality set punctuated the difference a lot more than might have been normal for someone jumping into what is essentially a lower end mid-fi setup. You've almost skipped the entry level 'good' audio segment entirely. Which probably makes things a lot more punctuated, and there's nothing wrong with that if you can do it in a good price range. It can become addictive once you understand what you've been missing. With visuals, you still see what is there even though it looks bad. With audio there can be entire segments of a track missing.

It's partly why I recommended not spending upward of $300 to begin with, the setup you have is fantastic but if you do choose to upgrade there's still room for a feeling of value. Personally speaking I'm already using some pretty decent gear, so there's a major diminishing return problem for me. I want better but find it hard to get without feeling I'm being kicked in the balls by my wallet, trust me.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013

16. remixedcat

remixedcat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 650TiSSC 1GB
    For a USB Headset get the Logitech G35

17. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    i had the steelseries frost (usb) and can tell you (with confidence) to stay the **** away. i'm actually never touching a usb headset again.

18. ignasx12

ignasx12 Guest

GPU:
    geforce or radeon
    is the usb bad? why you say buy analog so bad!? i plan on buying the logiech g35 but its usb, what is the difrents?

19. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    USB Headsets have built in soundcards on the line, which are usually very low quality.

20. ignasx12

ignasx12 Guest

GPU:
    geforce or radeon
    so the g35 will be low quality?-_-