Uninstalled Creative drivers, used driver cleaner.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Mkilbride, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Alright, so the last time I updated Creative drivers, I got some odd Audio hiccups, so I decided this time I'd use Driver Cleaner, like you do with Graphics cards, I mean, it supports the option.

Issue is this:

No matter what drivers I try to install, I can't get the Soundcard working again. Device Manager gave me a Code 19, registry messed up, so I used CCleaner to fix the registry and uninstalled the device, then re-scanned, and not it's listed as PCI Device, with a yellow question mark, and says it's because Drivers are not installed. As I said, I tried updating the drivers normally. They installed un-naturally fast and I rebooted, no go.

So I used the Creative Software Autoupdater and when it tried to install the drivers, it just said "Failed", no error code or anything.

When I try to start the Audio Control Panel or ALChemy it tells me the supported audio device is not installed.

I've followed some Google guides to fixing Error 19, such as Last Know Good Config, but that didn't help. I also tried editing the registry manually & removing Creative entries, but that didn't help either.

I tried using Windows update to download the WDM drivers from it, but they didn't help either.

I am at a loss, please help, thanks.

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    that's because it removes everything, but lefts some crap behind in registry...

use Ccleaner and use registry clean section to get rid of what sweeper left behind.

You will have to reinstall all stuff, like volume control panel, THX control panel, audio panel, alchemy,etc..

about the drivers well dunno its up to you, i use x-fi auzen uaa 1.0 pack atm so far so good, i had some issue with latest pax (some cracking noises), and they sounded a bit to boomy and had to much mid EQ and mid-low bass in it..

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Hutner, did you read my post? I did all that already...I even said CC-cleaner. Regardless, thank you for the help.

Issue still stands.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Uh, well, I've tried absolutely everything, multiple registry cleaners, uninstalling in Device Manager, Driver Cleaner.net & Driver Sweeper. CC Cleaner.

Tried installing default X-Fi card software, & Daniels packs. I've tried Windows Auto-update and it downloads and tries to install, but then says "No driver"

5. aparicio1

aparicio1 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA/GTX480SLI
    remove the card from your computer and reset the bios

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I already tried removing the card. I loaded up into my XP Boot and it works in Windows XP.

Odd thing is though, my mic still sounds like **** in XP now.

I'm beginning to think Daniel_k's drivers ****ed my Mic up.

Guess I should just reformat, Windows Repair won't really do anything =/

Last time I use Daniel_K's drivers & a Driver cleaner for Audio. My Mic is busted now, I've got to send this back, hopefully they'll replace it, but it was broken due to modified Drivers...so yeah. =/

7. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    DriverCleanerDotNET 3 pro is the best driver cleaner...plus if u wanna some more damage u need to learn some name from the files that stuck in the system32....i remove em manually...so im not let nothing at all....behind!!!!!!!!

then i use some regisrty cleaners and my pc is clean like a dogy....LOL:wanker:

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Life4life, that's what I used to remove them. :p

And I tried removing em manually, even in safe mode, it won't let me. I used Registry cleaners also. I think my PC is just hating on me. I mean damn, it craps out soundwise & my mic is busted.

9. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    there is nothing that wont fix,or repairing i believe it and i do it...
    if u have msn,i help you and learn how deep the tricks goes....if you have send me a PM...if u trust me i can use teamviever to make to cleany! your choice m8ty hehe .....but solutions are milions...believe me

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I've got MSN

_EDITED_ due to adding on MSN

I doubt there isn't very little I've already tried.

11. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    i add u delete the reply thats shows ur msn...to not have any problems...

12. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Still require more help, above user's English is broken, not trying to be offensive, we just had massive difficulty understanding each other.

13. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    be more open mind...

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I decided to change the type to High Definition Audio Device, I'm getting Audio again ,but it's not listed as X-Fi...and I can't install drivers, so I can't use Creative settings.

So I rebooted after managing to get ti to list itself as Creative X-Fi Titanium card, and then it had this:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

So I clicked Update Driver to try to get it working again...but it just reset to High Definition Audio Device.

Well, I'm on the right track.

15. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB

16. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Thanks, already tried everything there.

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Well, seems no matter what I try, I can only get it recognized as a High Definition Audio Device, trying to select the drivers manually by pointing it towards the config.ini for the drivers makes it thinks it is, until I reboot, the ? goes back up, and it resets to High Definition Audio device.

I wonder why this is happening to me, it didn't happen to others. Maybe it's because I used Drivercleaner instead of Sweeper, when Sweeper is recommended for this process. Well I used DriverSweeper and it got rid of a lot of left over files, so I suppose that helped, but it's still a no go. =/

[​IMG]

See? So I restart and it gives me a Code 10 and resets back to default.

Google says Code 10:

[​IMG]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

So I tried installing proper Creative drivers on top, as it suggests, and no go.

18. Rob McClelland

Rob McClelland Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    Hi Mate your welcome try my drivers and suite out? You ever try windows one adv one care program from iobit? You can try disable your sound card and installed drivers I find it help that some times.

19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I don't think it's a driver issue, at least not the X-Fi drivers, but more of a Systems drivers for it. =/ Seeing as it doesn't recognize it as a X-Fi.

Screw it, I wanted a new Windows 7 Boot anyways, so I guess I'll just do that, this is annoying as hell.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  20. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    To put an end to this issue, it works fine in my Onboard sound.

Which means the Mic jack is burned out, as determined by some people on other sites.

So yeah...guess I'll have to return it...year old. I got it from BestBuy, I hope they'll let me return it after all this time. Newegg says it has a 5 year Warranty, but maybe that's just because it's from Newegg.

Glad it's not the headset, not glad it's the Soundcard. Creative support is ****. If I can't get a refund, maybe I can sell it to my cousin and just tell him the Mic port is broken, ahah.