Anyone given up smoking? And is Vaping?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Best thing i ever did was to swap over to vaping about 4 years ago , before i used to smoke 20 cigs a day for 28 years or so , i've tried everything out there to stop before trying vaping ,even hypnotherapy .

Now i'm down to .08 mg of nicotine in my liquid from 20mg when i started , plus i mix my own juice now and make my own coils , the plan so far is working nicely for me hopefully in another month or so i will be down to zero nicotine and by Christmas this year i would have stopped vaping altogether .

On a side note ,since stopping the cigs i can't believe how bad they smell and how bad they make your breath and clothes smell to

GOOD LUCK to you all getting off the horrible cigarettes .

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I'm buying one as soon as i get my paycheck.

Slowly i'm starting to smoke more and more, about 22 a day now.
    I'm also dealing with depression wich leads to more smoking and smoking...

I'm not a long time smoker though, so i can still get healthy.

Funny thing is, i always hated smoking it was so nasty, can't believe i started smoking at all.

I hope vaping will change my life, most of my friends use them too.

3. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Good for you my friend.

There's so much to choose from, I know. But any of the kits I've listed will do you proud.

Also check out any of these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShPX44-EC3HtvKohu3Ws4A

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgZd5ygXFoQry9KDGlddSBg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiBfJwdccWBds1hrhxOLFZA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt3WcCLs8Zm-zZNcqgixyMw

And can't forget

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn3zVZvx876xjE7RcZjIpkg

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I've managed to get 2 more tanks from the Socialite range (socialiteszero.com) as well as a variable wattage battery (Wismec Reuleaux RX mini).

Vortex (£20) vs INNOKIN iSubV (£17.50) vs INNOKIN iSub Apex (£10)

I bought the Vortex starter kit initially and was using their Heizenberg High VG liquid along with Fantasi Mango. Unfortunately, I was finding the centre of the coil for the Vortex was burning out quite quickly. This lead me to buy the other 2 tanks along with a battery (thinking they'd be better).

The iSub V was the first I tried and tbh, this was only ok for flavour, it actually tasted darker than the Vortex and lost quite a bit of flavour. Not very good, but, it's top filling.

The iSub Apex tank is slightly cleaner tasting, but, still affects the flavour and really isn't much of a step-up from the V. Nice build-quality, though.

I've actually found the Vortex tank to have the purest, crispiest flavour and seems to be "faster output" than the other two. So, it seems you do actually get what you pay for. I really like the RX mini battery, only have to charged twice a day now (with constant use). 30-33watts seems to be the sweet spot with a TCR of 92 for the Vortex, but, it's also bottom filling and the coils don't last long with sweet juices like Mango, but, the taste is great. I do recommend the Vortex tank if you're looking at this particular range and if you use normal high vg juice (not that sweet) the coils do last around 10 days (for me).

5. busboi

busboi Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    been using a vapor pen/mod for over 2 years now, feel great and still really enjoy the nicotine while gaming, golfing or blowing it up my girlfriends rear.

6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Begs the question – does she blow it right back at ya? Lol!

On topic – I’ve been testing the temperature control with one of my devices and I’m really surprised by how well it works. The 1ohm SS coil I’m using was a bit janky from the start and I was wondering if I should just give up and change it, but since I’ve switched to temp control I’ve never had a dry hit. The vape is super consistent and it looks like it is using less battery and liquid, like it should. Will do more testing with the RBA coil.

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Time to breath a bit of life to this thread.

So I recently bought a Geekvape Tsunami dripper seeing its widely regarded as one of the best newbie drippers and a really solid dripper in general. So far I'm absolutely loving it! The vapour production and flavour are great and its easy to build on ( and I absolutely love tinkering with it be it rolling new coils or re-wicking to try and see how some flavours pop with it ).

My question, if anyone more experienced can answer it is as follows... howcome some liquids pummel my chest to smithereens but some don't ? I'm not much of a chemist but my all day vape is a Blackcurrant/aniseed, 70vg/30pg liquid which I'm totally in love with. I've tried a 50/50 version from the same brand and I can drip that easily too without any chest issues.

Certain other liquids that might be 80vg/20pg slam my chest to a point where I cough like hell for a while and its generally the first 3-6 puffs. For example I had some "perfumey" fruity flavoured 6mg 70/30 liquid left over so I thought I'd try and drip it but it felt quite rough on my chest. I put this on the nicotine amount but then I rewicked my dripper to try a 70vg/30pg Latte flavour which was a 3mg nicotine liquid and it really hit my windpipes in an awkward way which took me by surprise.

So what gives ? I was under the impression that higher vg stuff would be more mellow on your chest, especially at lower nic doses when you sub ohm. Is there a certain science to this where certain liquids are better vaped at lower or higher wattages ? With the afore mentioned Latte flavour I find its tolerable at 50 watts but still feels really rough at the back of my throat. If I vape it on my MTL tank it feels mostly fine.

[Edit] Stuck my mod on temp control and now one of the troublesome liquids appears to have been tamed a bit... that or whatever is left of my lungs is getting used to the troublesome liquid in question.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Depends on how much you smoke.

If you smoke half a pack to a full pack a day, vaping actually becomes quite a lot cheaper.

9. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Vaping costs me $20 weekly for my liquid and i use rebuildable tanks and the wire for my coils lasts along time, cigs was costing me $120 weekly, 1 pkt 20s cost about $25 here.

10. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Hi, whats the wattage you vape at and coil type and ohm out of curiosity, I use maxvg juice 3mg nic at 50w in my Pharaoh single coil rta and on my Geekvape Griffin 25 Plus dual coil rta at 60w and its a really smooth vape

11. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    The current dual coil build I got sits at around .2 ohms or just under and I tend to vape between 60 and 80 watts, generally more at 80 watts though.

12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Hmm rewicked and switched back to my all day blackcurrant flavour but in doing so the dripper must have had a bit of the Latte flavour still in there ( yeah, couldn't be bothered to clean the deck and just dry burned the coils ) and now I appear to have accidentally created a curry flavoured vape lol :toke:

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    You really want to give up smoking, a new device that helps you do it effectively:

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Man i finally bought one, Eleaf iStick Pico with pineapple flavor. Gets here in 2 days.

Webshop i bought it from had some interesting info about actual cigarettes and what chemicals are in it and used for.
    One chemical said to being used in freakin' rockets?! that sounds really really bad...

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  15. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Grats on the purchase. If this is your first vape here's a couple of tips I wish I had known.

- The first 2 or 3 days might be weird as your body adapts to the vapour ( or the chemicals in it ) and gets used to not having all the crap from smokes. Your mood along with other bodily functions might go up and down like a rollercoaster but don't let it scare you. My body settled on day 3 but this might vary with each person.

- If it feels like you're not getting enough nicotine its possible your liquid isn't quite strong enough. I smoked about 15-20 rollies and when I made the switch I started with 12mg liquid and a cig-a-like pen but had to order 18mg which was spot on for me but I soon dropped back down to 12mg. For sub ohm though you don't want to go over 6mg and you would ideally vape higher vg liquids.

- Make sure you're stocked up on coils. In the beginning especially it will be easy to ruin the coils simply by vaping a lot as you try to familiarize yourself with the process and you'll be tempted to play with a shiny new toy. Make sure your tank always has enough liquid in it and ALWAYS prime your coils. If your device doesn't come with instruction on how to prime the coil, hit the internet and a quick search should do the trick.

Welcome to the club

16. Airwave

Airwave Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix GTX 1080-8GB
    With the ecig I've been successful in reducing nicotine ammount per day from a median of 2 tanks at 16 mg/ml, to 2 tanks at 0,8 mg/ml in a matter of less than a year, i was able to do so by making custom liquids and reducing very gradualy the percentage of nicotine, so getting accustomed wasn't as bad. However i was never a smoker of cicagarettes, i started smoking with the ecig in the first place, so i don't know how my experience could relate to someone who is making the jump from traditional cigarettes. The habit forming substances in tobacco leaves are not limited to nicotine, For example they contain Harmala Alkaloids which are Monoamine oxidase inhibitors that contributes to the sense of well being produced by smoking, so the "fight" against addiction may be harder for those that smokes tobacco cigarettes.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I started with 6mg nicotine, my throat was burning like hell but heard it would go away within 2 weeks.
    A friend of mine said 6mg is too strong and that i should start with 3mg.

I couldn't find 3mg of the brand i'm using, i might look for different brand so i can try 3mg nicotine.

I still use the coil i got with it, it still has good flavor but i can tell i need to change it soon.
    I'm buying Vaporesso cCell Ceramic Coils cause i heard they're extremely good and last longer.

My favorit flavor is pineapple, tastes soooo good! fruity and fresh.

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Thanks for info. I just looked into this here http://www.vaporesso.com/ccell-vape-coils

It looks very interesting and definately offers features I've been looking for. Gonna try it, cheers!

19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    So I started getting annoyed with the pre-made coils (from Joyetech at least). Some will work fine for weeks, but some will just be crap from the beginning. They flood, don’t wick properly or airflow is kind of weird. I have settled to 1.0ohm SS ones and use them in temp control. That seems to make them last longer and is gentle on the liquid and battery. Vape is enough for my needs too.

I’m gonna give it a try on building, so I ordered the Cthulhu MTL RDA tank, some SS Alien coils and cotton. Should be here in the next couple of weeks and I see how that goes.

As for the liquids – I tend to get “bored” with only using one flavor. So at the moment I have three different tanks filled with three different flavors and then some more on the side. My observations is that the PG content has a much bigger throat hit than the nic. I’m fine with 3-6mg or somewhere in the middle. If you can’t find say 3mg you can get one 0mg and one 6mg from the same juice and mix it up to your liking. I go for lower no to nic at all and 100% VG juices for daily/casual vape, and up to 6mg and more PG for that night with drinks vape.

20. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Coil flooding can be caused by so many things its crazy... I find with all of my tanks so far to avoid flooding is to make sure you leave a bit of air at the top ie. don't overfill and when you screw in the top or bottom of the tank, do it upside down to make sure you get a vacuum forming in the tank. This has cured about 95% of my tank leaks I've experienced. Another tip is to make sure you bed in the coils starting with taking hits at lower wattage than you usually would and then working your way up slowly untill you reach your normal vaping wattage.

Of course with some coils its just an utter crapshoot and sometimes you get good ones and at times really dodgy ones. Its that very Russian roulette that made me go for the dripper in the end. Kinda fancy a decent RTA now but they're hard to come by with the TPD/TRPR in effect as of last Saturday here in the EU.

On the juice front, I've been experimenting with £1 E-liquids and they have actually been pretty damn nice so far. A lot of the 50/50 liquids are too harsh on a dripper but their Heisenberg is solid as hell even at 50/50. Also tried a company called Rejuiced who sell 10ml bottles for £2.50, currently on something called Big Momma's Milk and this stuff is the mutts nutts! 70vg/30pg, solid clouds and brilliant flavour. Goes to show that even budget E-liquids can be really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.