Afterburner Skin Format

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by MadGizmo, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarHammerEBDA

WarHammerEBDA Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 6950 DirectCUII
    What should the Flag Override be for a custom Indicator??

Is there a list of all the different Flag Overrides for buttons and indicators? or the only ones are the ones listed in the reference guide?

2. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD5450
    Yeah I think its mostly for alignment. I mostly use them for disabling/enabling stuff. Outside of the sliders, I haven't found other overrides.

3. WarHammerEBDA

GPU:
    ASUS 6950 DirectCUII
    I wondering if anyone knows what the Flag Override is to be able to center Text.

I know if you leave it blank it will align to the left, if you use 00000010h it will align from the right edge. But is there a flag override to align to center.

Thanks in advance.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Quote from USF skin format reference:

<flags_override> is optional bitmask item allowing the skin to redefine some control flags (e.g. toggle control visibility to hide some unwanted button or select horizontal or vertical slider alignment). Please take a note that the mask of flags which you’re allowed to override is defined by skinned application, so it can protect some flags from override. It is up to skinned application creator to decide which flags you’re allowed to override via the skin for each control. If this item is not specified, all flags are specified by skinned application. The following flags / bitmasks are common to all control types:

0x00000001 – control is visible
    0x00000002 – control is enabled
    0x00000010 – control is aligned by right edge
    0x00000020 – control is aligned by bottom edge
    0x00000040 – control is centered horizontally
    0x00000080 – control is centered vertically

5. WarHammerEBDA

GPU:
    ASUS 6950 DirectCUII
    Thanks Unwinder.

Is that taken from version 1.0 of USF?

The reason I ask is that I have been using the USF skin format that is bundled with AB and everything is there as you have quoted except the centered horizontally and vertically.

Anyway, this will get me out of trouble :) Thanks.

6. Unwinder

That's a quote from the last public version of USF skin format reference included in MSI Afterburner distributive. You can find it in your .\SDK\Doc subfolder in the application folder.

7. WarHammerEBDA

GPU:
    ASUS 6950 DirectCUII
    Unwinder, does AB support push buttons to increase or decrease the slider control?
    For example - Instead of clicking on the slider button and dragging the slider across to the left or right, you simply click an increase button and it increases the clock by one increment, click it again and it increases one increment again.
    Something similar to the Spin Left and Spin Right buttons in the Rivatuner OSD.

8. Unwinder

9. WarHammerEBDA

GPU:
    ASUS 6950 DirectCUII
    No prob, thank you

10. noobzed

noobzed Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 590™ Classified
    any plan to do an intuitive graphical and ergonomic skin editor ? :p

11. Unwinder

Definitively no. Complete visual skin editor development cost would be comparable to whole Afterburner development cost, neither MSI nor I need to invest that much into it. And honestly I don't think that if you cannot create the skins as it is now, the ergonomical editor will help you to create something looking good.

12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    you can use left and right arrow key to do something similar - just press it once with mouse and now you can adjust the slider with arrow keys:nerd:

btw; unwinder when can we expect final? i see it will ran out on 26.6:pc1:

13. Unwinder

14. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Actually creating/modifying/compiling a skin is very simple it's creating new graphics that look good that is the hard part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.