Ryse: Son of Rome Heading to PC with 4K Support

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 8, 2014.

1. DarkOneZ13

DarkOneZ13 Guest

GPU:
    MSI/GTX 980/4096MB
    How about something interesting & substantial like that "Nvidia Shield Tablet" review?

2. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    It's good to see I'm not alone on this. A little surprising to see this is getting a retail release.

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    UltraHD also can mean 8K, so they HAVE to say "4K UHD" - but neither of them are using the correct nK measurement, so they are NOT allowed to use 4K on it's own unless it complies with the nK measurement.

"n" = The multiple and "K" = 1,024 horizontal pixels

4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    So they blame piracy for leaving PC. And then crawl back to PC when they need money. That doesn't make much sense - I can see why they're in trouble.

I smell a nice handshake between them and nVidia on this one "extra super tessellation those console boys can't brag about..BUUUUUT, it only works well (barely playable with many driver bugs for months) on our coincidentally - released the same week GTX 8xx series. You can also only hit 4K with our GTX 880 that we worked closely with crytek to ensure was optimized for the best experience evahhhh"

nVidia the way it's mean't to be paid.

5. johnchaser

johnchaser Guest

GPU:
    I never asked for this! Again...

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    No chance a single 880 will handle 4K but that won't stop them trying to convince people it will.

Nvidia's new slogan should be 'Yesterday's technology at tomorrow's prices'.

Trying to market 4K as a 'feature' is just plain dishonest and a sad testament to the pathetic state of affairs where PC gaming is concerned.

7. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Would you care to elaborate?

The Xbone is an x86 64bit system with a GPU less than half as powerful as a GTX 770. If the GTX 880 is approximately 30% faster than a 780 as rumors claim, then it won't be unreasonable to assume a single 880 can play Ryse at 4k with high or maxed settings.

8. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    If it looks good I can see a lot of gamers buying it so they can post in their respective screenshot threads.

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Delete me

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  10. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Is this one of those interactive eye candy movie jobs where the gameplay is sitting watching a long cutscene followed by a QTE followed by another long cutscene and another QTE all the way through?

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Great news for me, I love the setting and it will probably look fantastic... Yet another reason to upgrade!(not for 4k though...lol).

12. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    No thank you Crytek. We know you dropped the ball after Crysis 1 - and that wasn't remarkable either.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    This game is awesome, got a xbox one just to play it and it was worth it!

I really don't get the hate on this game, or they just sucked at it and raged quit...

14. I'm with you on this one, signex - I too own this game and really enjoy it.

Although I can understand the hate - people hate how linear it is, how short it is and because of how much of the game is cutscenes - this is all true, yet somehow I still find myself playing this game because of how cinematic it is and of course how brutal those executions are..

It's a lot of fun for sure, I would love to hear that they've at least doubled the campaign length for the PC release - this would be a worthwhile "feature" to brag about rather than a simple resolution support.

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Same, I liked it.

It's total 'Cinemaware' but I liked those games as well.

MS wanted something that showcased the Xbox One and anyone who came over and saw that game running was floored and several of them bought the console based on seeing Ryse and Forza in action.

I'm sure the same can be said for Killzone on the PS4 (which I am also enjoying despite the negative comments I've seen).

16. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    So one to avoid then, thanks for clearing that up!

17. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    So pretty much like Heavenly Sword then, which I loved, sometimes it's nice to unwind to something linear and not too complex IMO, just like I don't always want to be watching an intellectually stimulating film.

Which reminds me, I still need to get around to playing Enslaved: PE.

18. No I dont think it should be avoided at all. God of war is surprisingly very similar to this game yet to date us still one of the most fun games around. Sure, its not for everyone but being linear, and short yet cinematic, fun and actually quite impressive for a console...id say many are being very closed minded in sidelining this title if they havent given it a shot for themselves. if you only play open world, non linear, non cinematic games then you simply have no idea what you are missing and cant really have an opinion on it with any real substance.

I say give it a try, it may not be ur thing and thats fine, but there are a lot of positives about Ryse.

Im no console fanboy either, i have a great gaming pc running 1440p@110hz and for sure, games are better on pc....but i purchased the xbox one knowing it has 3-4yr old components, i knew the textures wouldnt be near as good as my pc..so my expectations were fairly low. Needless to say, my pc has been collecting dust for the past month as ive been surprisingly floored by both ryse and forza 5 - i just wish pcs could get the level of optimization that these consoles get. It makes a difference.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
  19. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    what are you talking about ? ...

20. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You came to that conclusion after a thread full of people stated the game was crap? The only people that didn't mostly consist of people that own consoles and already bought it.

PS: Checked your post history, you're a trolling idiot. I shouldn't have wasted my time responding. Kudos.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014