Nvidia GeForce 302.80 Windows 8 Drivers-Certified

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by allup, Jun 14, 2012.

1. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    work at me fine win 7 x64 but WDDM 1.1 in win 7 not 1.2

[​IMG]

tekken vs street fight up 195 fps in 296.79 driver to 198 fps in 302.80

and with all filter 75 to 78 fps

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  2. deByte

deByte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    Darren Hodgson, got my GTX 670 today... so Idk anything about vsync-stutter bug.
    I can test any game u want (if i got it).
    And say which settings I must set in nvidia panel and in-game (vsync)

Btw played in COD:BO 5 mins ago. Perfect performance. Fps up from 100 (with drops) to 150 (without drops).

3. HairyUK

HairyUK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Ok Darren , tried bf3 so far. V-Sync bug seems fixed to me or its not noticeable at all. BF3 menu video setting problem with the "Video Settings" menu, that happened with the laptop drivers, has been fixed. Dont know if its just me , but the picture quality on these drivers seem a bit grainy. could just be me tho :)

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Someone on the GeForce.com forum here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=226227&view=findpost&p=1421182 says that he still experiences stutter with these drivers unless he limits the framerate.

Looks like I'll need to test these for myself. To be honest, the v-sync stutter bug is more of a minor irritation than a major annoyance but now I know it happens I'm constantly looking for it. And it seems to affect Diablo III really badly as well.

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks deByte. I was only teasing; I think I can wait until I get home to try them for myself.

This v-sync stutter bug only occurs when v-sync is enabled so you won't see it in Call of Duty: Black Ops as you clearly play with v-sync disabled. The issue is caused by a driver polling bug that sees the v-synced framerate dip from 60 fps on a 60 Hz display every few seconds to 59/58 fps and down to 55/56 fps every 30 seconds or so. This causes noticeable stutter in many games though I've only noticed it being really bad in Assassin's Creed II (when turning the camera around Ezio) and Diablo III. In most other games it isn't that obvious even though I still see the framerate wavering in Afterburner's OSD. For some though, the issue renders the games unplayable with v-sync on.

6. deByte

deByte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    Played with vsync ON in BF3. No stutter. Smooth gameplay.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ deByte - Ooooo, thanks encouraging. Even if the issue isn't completely fixed, it sounds like it is at least reduced. Can't wait to get home and install these. Isn't it 5pm yet? :p

8. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Has ManuelG said anything about the Win7 driver release? Don't want to install these just to find out a proper Win7 driver is out half a day later :p

9. HairyUK

HairyUK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    FIFA 12 no stutter at all! That was the bad culprit for me , usually dropped from 60fps to 55fps and went very choppy for a few secs at a time. All 60fps now. Keepers for me

10. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Haven't tried long enough to see if I have a system hang or not, but IE10 still crashes upon startup, whether I have software or hardware rendering enabled. I now humbly accept that I am NOT destined to try out Windows 8 before it's time.

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you describe your install process so I can have our software team take a look? Also your complete system specs?

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    He hasn't replied to a message I sent him about the release of the official Windows 7 driver but since these install on Windows 7 anyway without having to do any modification what is there to lose by spending a few minutes installing these. If the Windows 7 drivers do come out later today or tomorrow then it's a few more minutes more to install those. Not really that much of a hassle really.

13. CDJay

CDJay Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 FE SLI
    Same! Thank *insert deity here*. 300.89 *was* fine for me but hung Win 8 RP when I moved from CP. Praise be for these drivers!

CDJay

14. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have no self control anyway, the moment I typed that out I installed the driver lol :O

15. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Can you check if you can set pre rendered frames 0?

16. Miroglu

Miroglu Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4350 512 MB
    Thanks allup

17. deByte

deByte Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    Prophet, from 1 to 4. Can't set 0

18. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    I have the same issue myself. Have had it since i installed win 8 with IE 10. Thats why Mozilla Firefox is my 1st choice.
    Cannot stand the boot into cell phone style UI of win 8. I do like the rest of it though. I Just go right to desktop icon.

They put a supposed fix for IE 10 today and for this driver. Just tried it. No luck on that for me today either, though.

19. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Not in win 8.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Or with any 300.xx+ driver.

Prophet if you want frames to render ahead 0 then you have to use 296.xx or lower.

Cool, i guess its the same on Fermi.

Well I suffered from the same vsync bug, although it didnt go to low 55fps, i saw 58-59fps and then back to 60fps in weird 30-45sec intervals - not in Fifa12, but other games.