Can not initialize ATIPDLXX

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by Brinnie, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Brinnie

Brinnie Guest

GPU:
    ATI/HD6950/2Gb
    Hi.

I am having the "Can not initialize ATIPDLXX library! Exiting now..." when I try to run ati tray tools.

It used not to happen when I was running win 7 32 bits but it is happening now that I am using the 64 bits version.
    I have found the thread suggesting to download a dll file and put it in a folder on my computer, however the link is dead.

2. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    . .
    yup happened with me also. .

If you are having some old AMD catalyst drivers or Moded Drivers. . then Find the file 'atipdlxx.dll' or 'atipdlxx.dl_' and rename it to .dll . . then copy it on your System32 folder and the Syswow64 folder. . it will do the trick. .

Sometimes it might not do the trick .. so you have to manually register the dll . .

3. highstream

highstream Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Ultimate HD7750
    Same problem after install of Tray Toools. Per askinferno post, copied the file as .dll to SysWOW64 folder, then it all of a sudden it popped up in search results as already in System32 folder. Strange. In any case, reboot brought up two errors now:

- "Can't initialize ATIPDLXX library..."
    - "C:\Windows\System32\atipdlxx.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try instaling the program again..."

Deleting the file from System32 stops the second, but not the first. This sort of error strikes me as a bug in the install and shouldn't require a user hack.
    Win 7x64, i7-2600K, Sapphire Ultimate HD7750

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    No, renaming won't work because it's a compressed .dll.

Extract the driver package with 7-Zip and look for the file named atipdlxx.dl_ - but don't rename it, instead right click on the file and decompress it with 7-Zip.

You will then have atipdlxx.dll which can be placed in the ATT install folder.

Last edited: May 3, 2012

5. highstream

highstream Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Ultimate HD7750
    Thanks for your pointer, but this is pretty confusing. First, the app installs in a "Ray Adams" folder instead of a name one might expect. Second, unzipped or installed file does not include an atipdlxx.dl_ file. That required a search to turn up a copy in a Gigabyte setup folder that I still have around. And that's all before figuring out how to use the app. Geesh!

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I don't know what the actual ATT folder name is called, but that's where the .dll needs to be placed.

I should have added only 12.2 or earlier drivers contain the file.
    If you have MSI AB installed the file can also be found in that install directory.