XP32 and XP64 patchscript for FireGL and FirePRO (driver 8.44 and higher)

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by gellmar, Oct 3, 2008.

1. casebuyer

casebuyer Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 3870 IceQ 3 DDR4 512
    I did replace 50 94 with 01 95 for 3870 device id to get 7700 in gellmar's script
    is there any better mod for 3870 than 7700

by the way gellmar do you want any logo
    I can make a gellmar logo for you for your great work if you like

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. gellmar

gellmar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 1024MB
    01 95? not 11 95? The FireGL V7700 DevID is 0x9511! And this is the only FireGL built on RV6XX family (not including FireStreams but they do not support OGL acceleration AFAIK)

Great! I had some ideas on it but I am not an artist to do the artwork (although I am an engineer:)) Anyway thanks!!!:eyes:

3. casebuyer

casebuyer Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 3870 IceQ 3 DDR4 512
  4. Samiam

Samiam Member Guru

GPU:
    4G DDR2
    Any news on the mods?

btw:
    The original ID for the 3870 is 9501.
    The original ID for the FireGL 7700 is 9511.

This thread has instructions on where to use them.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009

5. gellmar

gellmar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 1024MB
    Yes, there are some ;)

I have created the Win7/WinVista 32/64 mod! However, the problem with x64 remains :( Now I am digging around the ATI OpenGL Render to find out what's wrong there (and I assume the prot is there!).

Also I want to claim that no scripts will be available for Windows 7 and Vista anymore! Instead, I will redistribute the ATIFuse signed driver which will do all the job. So, no scripts, playing with RivaTuner and INF files - just point and click, reboot and enjoy! If this idea is successful, I will redistribute newer mods for XP too in this new format.

gellmaR

6. Pete3d

Pete3d Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4870 1GB@V8700
    Wow. Nice idea Gellmar with the ATIFuse. I think that most of us dont want to mess tooo much around with the scripts anyway.

GOOD luck with the x64. Sooo many are waiting so patiently for ur magic hands to do some magic. :3eyes:

7. casebuyer

casebuyer Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 3870 IceQ 3 DDR4 512
    My mod with 9501 has some issues, so do you claim if I use 9511 they will be fixed

8. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    You have to change the device ID in the driver according to the ID of your Card.. I think the only purpose is that the driver is recognised as compatible during driver installation..

@GellmaR

Great effort, can you post Windows 7 X64 drivers, I'd like to test 32Bit CATIA under 7.. If not no problem, don't want to interrupt your work ;)

9. gellmar

gellmar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 1024MB
    Some news guys!:)

I am afraid to say, but... look at these charts:

[​IMG]

This is the latest mod for Windows 7 x64 (native!)

However, the driver will not load if the signature is broken (damn three times the driver signing!), so this was done from a kernel debugger. That's why I need to complete the ATIFuse driver not to violate that signature. I will release beta version soon for Windows XP x32 & x64 / Vista x32/x64 & Seven x32 / x64.

Keep up!

gellmaR

10. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Damn wish I could help, so many drivers and only one person working on it.. I think the screen shows 32Bit performance? Are the scores good for your system? Don't know exactly if this is good or bad news ^^

Anyway great effort, take your time man =)

11. Bluefirexp

Bluefirexp Guest

GPU:
    Waterforce GTX 1080
    @gellmar

wow,these are FANTASTIC results for your Athlon64+Radeon3850 system in Windows 7 64 bit! Seems OGL is really optimized in this OS.

When i compare D3D-Performance in AutoCAD and 3ds MAX, performance on Windows 7 64bit is about 2-3 times slower than on Windows XP 64bit. With the bmark4 benchmark it's possible to test this very good. I did it with an unmodded card. So now i'm really curious how good a FireGL/SoftFireGL will do in Windows 7 compared to Windows XP.

So i'm waiting excitedly for your AtiFuse! :cheers:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  12. Maryus3D

Maryus3D Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 285
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  13. casebuyer

casebuyer Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 3870 IceQ 3 DDR4 512
    my card id is 9501
    yet firegl card id is 9511

and gellmar says 9511 is true, do you say 9501 is true

someone should clear this out

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  14. gellmar

gellmar Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 1024MB
    casebuyer,

You have to put 9501 in INF file, while in driver you should use 9511.

BTW, the drivers 8.632 for Windows 7 x32 / x64 and 8.62 for XP x32/ x64 are out! I am just downloading them to see the difference!

Windows 7 WHQL Drivers 8.632 x64, ATIFuse 0.001 alpha 1 (x32 specviewperf):
    [​IMG]

Windows 7 WHQL Drivers 8.632 x64, ATIFuse 0.001 alpha 1 (x64 specviewperf):
    [​IMG]

Don't know actually why there is so big difference between wow64 and native x64 performance, but will reveal it tomorrow.

gellmaR

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  15. casebuyer

casebuyer Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 3870 IceQ 3 DDR4 512
    I have some issues, after my previous mod it worked yet after a while the driver become corrupted, appearing dots everywhere

it was

Dst2_2 = 0F B7 85 FE FE FF FF 66 25 00 00 66 0D 11 95 66 89 85 FE FE FF FF EB 04

with no .inf change

I reread all necessary steps, tried what you said

yet it became corrupted so I even tried some experimental mods

I used your patch "for FireGL drivers version 8.603" over .sy_ which converts it to sys then makecab to back into .sy_

corrupted after restart

and

corrupted highly again

I may have some issues with my other drivers not sure, or couldn't remove old drivers
    thanks for your reply

16. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Man this looks like the X64 performance is very close to X32, so I guess you made it?? And what about the Windows 7 OpenGL performance in general, I heard that it is way slower than in XP.. When can we expect a first driver can't wait to try on Windows 7 :banana:

17. Samiam

Samiam Member Guru

GPU:
    4G DDR2
    Gellmar,

I'm sure people would be happy to help beta test your new drivers as you already have them working well enough to post benchmarks. Thanks in advance for cracking the x64 drivers, can't wait to test them. :)

Also, are you testing the Win XP x64 driver? Your benchmarks seem to be Windows 7, which is cool, but from the posts here it doesn't sound like many people will be upgrading to Win7 anytime soon, for compatibility reasons.

Hope to see those up and working!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  18. Pete3d

Pete3d Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4870 1GB@V8700
    yeah.. totally agree with u. I am also willing to test with my machine. :banana:

19. casebuyer

casebuyer Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 3870 IceQ 3 DDR4 512
    I have a major issue

my reboot screen (even before bios) have dots everywhere on it
    I cannot install any vga drivers
    it gaves blue screen ati2dvag.dll error

I tried driver sweeper, nasty file remover, removing file protection switch in xp, delete manually nothing worked
    can anyone help me with the issue, if I have to reinstall xp it means I have to reinstall all applications which will take time

20. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    If you get a messed up screen outside windows your card may be damaged.. Maybe it becomes too hot..