Cheapest NVidia GEFORCE Titan GPU in europe!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Koniakki, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Quite the egotistical world view you have there.

2. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Yeah, good one Freud.

3. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Maybe it is. But he's right. Everything enthusiasts do with their rigs,i.e. overclock the crap out of CPU,GPU etc.,is related to their ego. Without ego,half this forum would disappear.

4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    True that comment was more focused at the "whiners" comment. Personally me I could buy a Titan if I wanted to but it's over priced IMO others its not but don't call those that can afford it but wont because tgey see it as overpriced, "whiners".

5. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Stop whinging, I'm sure when Nvidia go out of business because they overpriced their videocards you will have the last laugh.

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You sure are a charming person welcome to the ignore list have a nice day.

7. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Noooooooooooooooo, not the ignore list!! And don't worry, you don't sound like a jealous whinging child at all.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    What up with the flaming trolling comments?

9. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Look back in the thread. He kicked it off by calling me egotistical and not in a nice way :) He couldn't handle my comeback.

I'm just sick of spoilt children with such a warped sense of reality that they think they deserve to be given a graphics card at price they can afford coming into every thread that is Titan related with the same boring old whinging.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    I would have bought one too if i wanted, but not for such stupid overpriced price - not worth the minimum boost compared to lets say 7970 Ghz and its price., it other words you got ripped off by nvidia and HARD, enjoy your gpu ;p

If they make another GK110 with 13SMX & only 3gb vram ~500€ would be kinda worth it, but not a cent more.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013

11. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    I'm paying £1600 tomorrow for a door, everything is relative!

I'm really enjoying this card as I play rFactor2 @120fps, Crysis3 and FarCry3 with all the details maxed out. I don't recall anybody complaining about the GTX690 when it came out, not sure why Titan gets all this hate.....

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    That door comparison it not comparable with gpus and its a real investment that will last for a long loooong time ;)

Oh there were quite a few and because that's a dual gpu chip with a price of ~ 700€ max, while this GK110 500-550€ max. Also if this bs continues we will soon pay 1200-1500€ for high-end gpus in the near future, would you like that?

Hopefully AMD makes a big change in Q4 2013 and kicks Nvidia in the balls for such a absurd "premium" aka ca$h cow milking its customers.

/end of rant.

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

In other words Titan is too expensive for you :nerd:
    That's what "too expensive" means - too much money for perceived value.

Not totally out of reach even if I sold my family to slavery

Yeah hopefully. I wouldn't hold my breath though.
    They didn't follow AMD to $549 price mark, nor racing down to $400 mark with 3 games included(!)
    Nvidia does not want a race to the bottom, and is perfectly happy with current market share and just introducing higher value segments.

Jen-Hsun Huang explicitly says they don't want to destroy market by taking everything for themselves:

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    No its not to expensive for me. I have 1000€ laying around, but I rather buy something that's really worth 1000€. Like a completely new system with almost as fast gpu as GK110 ie 7970Ghz with more compute power.

If you want to defend that 1k € mark be my guest, I suggest you to buy 3. Imagine your e-peen xD

15. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    For some people there PC is just that a PC, for others it's a hobby.

16. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    :banana:

Thank you for looking out for peoples hardware & financial interest but it depends on how many panels you tend to run and the resolution of those panels. Also the extent of the filtering you enable to get rid of those pesky jagged lines.

I run two four gig GTX 680s on a 2560x1440p panel clocked at 85- 120Hz and I would need either 2 Titans or 3 GTX680s to maybe be able to run at 120fps vsync at 1440p resolution 120Hz on BF3 Ultra settings.

Since you are easily hardware pleased with dated technology then that is great. For me and most others it is about pushing the latest hardware further than the specs, keeps me off hard drugs. :infinity:

If you play your hardware correctly then you can easily sell your current hardware on ebay within a given time frame then you are able to upgrade at a fraction of the cost for newer hardware. (Not yours its too late)

Ex: I sold a 6990 GPU with waterblock for 550.00 on ebay then I spent only about a hundred more and got my first GTX680. Then X58 i7- 930 to X79 i7 3930k, repeat process. :infinity:

17. zeroskillz

zeroskillz Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan GTX SC SLI
    I've seen a lot of controversy with people purchasing this card. It's getting out of hand and a few things need to be addressed:

#1 it's none of your business how people weigh their financial interests. If they feel it's justified to purchase 1 or 4 of these cards for whatever reason, that's none of your business.

#2 stop coming to Titan GTX threads and posting your opinion, which no one cares to hear, about how you feel the card is a scam, is a waste of money, is going to put nvidia out of business.

Some people like to spend their money in different ways than you. When I purchased my 2600k, they also had a 980x. I learned that with a little overclocking I could achieve similar 980x performance in games, so I went with the cheaper model. Over time, I make more money, I weigh my spending in a different way then I used to. Would I do the same thing now? Who knows, but I do know that I decided on purchasing Titans long before they were announced and I figured it would be the 7xx series.

Let people be happy and excited about their investment and if it upsets you, or you don't agree, make your own thread to keep the topic on track, or mind your own business and stop trying to impede your opinion on the people that are buying them.

/rantoff

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    uhmm... yes it is.
    I explained this already.

Plx don't put words in my mouth. I'm not defending anything.
    What's point in attacking or defending the prices that people ask for their products?
    None. It's called bitching for a reason.

Anyway, 1000€ is indeed too expensive for me.
    But if I had 1000€ GPU budget, I would not even bother looking at the benchmarks. (it's the fastest, most complex and most powerful piece of silicon ever built - nobrainer rly)

Apparently gamers are not the only ones using it. As scientists and Cuda users are finding it irresistible.
    Matter of fact it looks like NV is selling it dirt cheap. Look it's hardly ever in stock.

OTOH if you think that 7970 is such a great value, why not buy at least one?
    I'd love to see your Cata feedback :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  19. zeroskillz

zeroskillz Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan GTX SC SLI
    I think what people are missing is this is not just a graphics card for gaming, it's an entry level compute card and was marketed as both. No one is denying the claim that you can achieve better price/performance with just buying one 690 GTX or SLI 680 GTX. Point is, most people are buying this card for SLI since it provides better performance in comparison to a 690 GTX SLI. There is a point of reason to debate the cards worth. There is also a point of just complaining for no reason and coming off as being jealous or upset that someone has and does spend their money in such a way, whether or not you truly are.

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I would get a titan but 1 would slow me down. I would have to buy 2 for it to be worth it to me