AMD Catalyst Performance Patch For Legacy GPU(s) <HD 4000 and Lower> (17/JAN/2013)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ankinferno, Jan 16, 2013.

1. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    I see . . :look:

2. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Kev, OpenCL depends on the core clock for performance, so when you overclock it, you increase your OpenCL performance.

3. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    You can also increase performance on 4K series without frying your GPU by uninstalling OpenCL and installing ATI Stream SDK 2.1-2.3 instead.

Although they might be hard to find these days since they took em off the APP archive.

As long as the ATICAL .dll's are higher than the OpenCL version you can use any OpenCL/ATI stream package including those from 2010 which were as fast as the shiznits on 4K till they started adding all the bloated fluff. :)

You can't however use newer OpenCL than the ATI cal's you have installed, so it's backwards but not forwards compatible so to speak.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  4. mkflawless

mkflawless Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire ATI 4870
    Are you saying that you get overall better performance (ingame aswell) by installing Ati Stream SDK and removing OpenCL?

Moreover, i've read some things about something called ULPS for crossfire. Disabling it would give better performance. I gotta ask the expert : What do you have to say about this mate, is it true? :)

5. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hey Kev, here is a link to the ATI SDK's mentioned in your post.
    http://bitcoinminer.com/post/3828447301/ati-stream-sdk-downloads

I tested all of them and found all to be slower than the OpenCL version we use today. Also, the ATI Stream SDK will not run OpenCL apps as it should since the code is fairly old.

6. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Nah OpenCL doesn't make any difference for games, and neither does ULPS fiddling on 4K series, infact it's worse than useless for multigpu cards...

It shouldn't be *enabled* by default anyhow. It was enabled (by mistake) in one and only one driver for 4K series 9.12 hotfix.

The 4K series was the first to implement ultra low power saving mode (ULPS), but it didn't work fully as it should in lots of cases really till the 5K series, that's why ULPS is turned off by default for 4K but enabled by default for 5K series in (nearly) all drivers you will find for 4K.

The older SDK's are faster, at least for bitcoin mining and F@H. :)

7. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
  8. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    yes I know.. I have modded the 13.1 WHQL and 13.2 Beta for my HD 4650 and I'm currently running tests.. 13.2 is performing much better than 13.1 but.. some games are having a bit of frame drops in GPU exhaustive situations..

so trying to correct it if possible. and as I'have said.. Its really Difficult to punch the Driver package because Every Driver performs Differently in different GPU.. :3eyes:

9. vlc_marcos

vlc_marcos Member

GPU:
    asus 8800gt/ hd M 4650
    you are testing on a 4650 mobility?

10. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Yes..

11. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    I don't have a legacy card, but I appreciate what you did and that you take care of ATI owners!!! Thank you

Cheers :coffee2:

12. vlc_marcos

vlc_marcos Member

GPU:
    asus 8800gt/ hd M 4650
    can i ask something. because i have a problem with a game, Black ops 2, every time that iam starting the game, on the first moment when the guy is trying to save the other from the fire, my screen frizzes and some lines appear on the screen. at the moment is only happening on this game, crysis 2 and war fighter i dont have any problems.
    it is only me or there is anyone else with the same problem?

Core 2 p7450 + 4650 ddr2

13. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Are you overclocking too much..???

Which driver are you using..?? and are you using the performance patch..??

Alternate solution.. Download the official 13.1 WHQL and expand only the atiumdag.dll and put it in your Black Ops 2 folder.. (where the Blackops2 executable files are there) this should solve the prob..

EDIT : Here you go I'hv uploaded the atiumdag.dll of the 13.2 Beta just download it, extract and put it in the Black Ops 2 folder..

Link : http://rapidgator.net/file/72350174/atiumdag.7z.html

14. vlc_marcos

vlc_marcos Member

GPU:
    asus 8800gt/ hd M 4650
    hello. iam using the 12.6 version with the hotfix 7. i try to put this performance file on system 32 but windows 7 doesnt allow me to do it.
    so you are telling me that i only need to copy this 13.2 atiumdag.dll on the game folder. nic
    i dont have any overclock

15. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Hmm If you want to apply this patch in Windows x32bit then you have to download "Take ownership" reg and then take ownership of the listed files in windows/system32 folder then re name them. and then you can apply the patch.

yes you have to copy the 13.2 atiumdag.dll to the game folder.

16. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    NO MORE FUTURE MODS/DRIVERS FROM MY SIDE FOR THE LEGACY GPU's (coz got rid of my HD 4650 ;) )

THANK YOU EVERY ONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT..

~~ Ankinferno

17. Dynastar

Dynastar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 GTX Ti SC
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  18. ibitato

ibitato Guest

thanks !

19. ottomanhero

ottomanhero Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4810 HD 512 mb
    Doesn't work

Note : I installed this patch on 12.10 moded

It seems like this patch doesn't change anything, i already had 12.10 moded version made by you and the dlls i downloaded from this topic, most of them are the same with 12.10 moded, i tried forcing CCC anisotropic & anti-aliasing settings before i installed this patch and after, here are results

I think the game uses 4x anisotropic filtering and 2x anti-aliasing (with default render quality settings)

When i force highest or lowest anti-aliasing setting (both standard & edge detect) at CCC, everything around except players get invisible (thats a bug caused by the game, has nothing to do with CCC, i tried forcing it before i installed 12.10 and this patch, no FPS differences at all)

When i force highest anisotropic filtering (16x) , i get only 1-2 fps reduced
    When i force lowest anisotropic filtering (2x) , i get 1 - 3 fps increase

I remember i had force anisotropic before i got 12.10 moded & performance patch, i didn't notice much reduction in fps back then, too, i don't think this performance patch had any effects on my FPS after installing 12.10, but 12.10 mod did increase my fps, thats certain.

Thanks for the effort though, i hope you guys release more drivers to increase performance, for legacy users.Its good to see some people working harder than ATI

20. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Thank you fr the Feed-Back :)