Recommendation for a good gaming mouse pad?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by DSparil, Jul 26, 2013.

1. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I have been using a Mionix Propus 380 pad with a CM Storm Spawn mouse. Unfortunately there is a coating on this mouse pad that wore off pretty quickly and has been causing some serious mouse drag as a result. It started off awesome, but is not working like it used to....

Can anyone here recommend a good, affordable mouse pad for the Spawn? No cloth though, I hate cloth pads for gaming :)

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I bought a Razer Destructor a couple year ago which was classed as one of the best but tbh its no different to my table or a math book etc. I dont use it anymore.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The best mouse pad ironically is found at a hardware store. Find a 6x6 hard ceramic tile, preferably smooth and flat with some sort of pattern on it. These tiles work impeccably with laser mice. It's worth noting that optical mice won't work well on these, though.

Here is what I'm talking about: [​IMG]

Nearly perfect tracking when I still used my G500. They also don't wear out and are super easy to clean, not to mention won't move at all because of their weight. And they're like $2.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  4. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    ^ wow, thats interesting and I'd definitely try it if this were laser! My CM Spawn is an optical though..

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I've been using SS QcK pads for years....but they are cloth so not much help for u.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Do you have a wood desk? Opticals work surprisingly well on a wood surface.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I use used rubbers nothing better than that for laser tracking. Ill forego the pics

8. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    im using a steelseries 4hd
    best mousepad iee had

9. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    not a wood desk...

Its funny you mention that, I was just looking at and considering the SS 4HD! What mouse do you use it with? Is it super smooth, or does it have a bit of control/grit to it?

10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I really like Razer's. Supposedly they are designed very specifically to optimize for mice. Might be just marketing but I suppose it's something vs nothing.
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mouse-pads

I can tell a difference though between their speed pads and precision ones over just regular pads and wood surfaces. Precision one like the Destructor 2 definitely improved my average accuracy percentage in BF3 but everyone notices or doesn't notice different things. I never cared much for the speed surface.

11. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  12. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I prefer a "control" surface as opposed to a speed one as well. I am sure thats a good one, but I just can't justify paying $40+ for just a mousepad. Especially since I am not gaming competitively for $$. That is nearly what I spent on the gaming mouse itself lol.

13. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Im having a goliathus control limited edition mousepad, limited in this case means its really big across the whole table, 1 m long and 30'ish cm wide and its amazing.

I have it for 2 years already, the only downside is, it hasnt lose its surface friction, but it has gotten pretty dirty out of everyday usage, I even cleaned it once with a shampoo and all, but nothing changed it stayed pretty much the same, but it didnt suffer any damage from cleaning it as well.

14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I have the same pad, to properly clean it, throw it in the washing machine. It cleans the crud out of the pores and doesn't damage it. Just let it air dry afterwards.

15. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    I love my Razer Destructor, though it's been retired in favor of a Destructor 2. My original Destructor got used so much that the surface was worn smooth.

16. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    im using a razer imperator 4g and a ss kana on the mousemat.
    the mousemat is a bit gritty(a very tiny bit) but it doesnt hinder at all.
    my mice keep going smooth on it

17. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Ok, after some deliberation I settled on a Rocketfish dual-sided pad online. I got a great price on it and it looks like its similar to the old Razer eXact-mat I used to have with a speed and control side. It looks to be a good size also. I haven't tried it before though, so I hope it works out as a good replacement :) Thanks for all of the info everyone