Alienware X51 gaming PC Surfaces

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Engadget snagged a photo of Alienware's new X51 gaming PC you can check it out over here. The system is about the size of the original PS3 and at $700-$1000 it's surprisingly affordable for an Alienware...

More...

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Right, can someone explain what's "Gaming" about this.

As far as i can see it's a waste of money. With $1000 i can build something about 3 times faster.

3. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    [​IMG]

4. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    SFF Game PC so there.....beyond that its

5. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Leave it to Dell to screw up a good thing. The original Alienware Area 51,was one of the best gamer rigs ever. That kind of enthusiast PC passion, can still be had from the guys that sold Alienware to Dell a few years ago. Origin PC, is the company now being run by the original Alienware founders. I spent some time on the Origin site,and let me tell you,they have some pretty good deals on very high end stuff. Well worth a look see.

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    most people cannot and do not want to learn about building their own gaming PC. Building a more powerful rig is kinda null considering most all the major titles are console ports and don't really run as efficiently as they really should on such hardware anyhow.
    This will likely interest those who want to replace their console on the big screen without sacrificing more space with a rectangular box and visable seams, ports and panels ever 2 inches apart.
    Theres a market for it for sure...just likely not on guru3d

this just in. desktop towers are not selling very well right now being outpaced by ultrabooks and tablets. Besides, few here buys Alienware or Origin anything. they build it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Alienware,simply paying for the name.

8. smashly

smashly Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 560ti / GTX 670
    Seems to be the guts of a laptop in a custom case really.
    I'm in favor of smaller form factor rigs these days to be truthful.
    After building so many over sized rigs to have better cooling and space to expand only to really never expand any further then the initial build.
    Instead I end up building a new over sized rig with new hardware..
    Mind you the whole time I barely ever get to use the rig to it's full potential.

This time round I opted for an ITX form factor and I can't say I miss the over sized cases of prior builds.
    I barely even use my desktop pc these days and my cheap laptop has become more my main pc even when gaming.
    I think the new Alienware is a step in the right direction.

9. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Although I would not drop $1100 on one of these, I do like the slim design. If I could by Alienware's slim case separately, I probably would build a mid to high range PC for my TV room.

I honestly have never been a big fan of the huge tower cases we have nowadays. I would like something that I could move and pack up easily.

10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    now if this were a new console and a line of supporting devs, we'd have a seriously mad machine as it definitely would be better utilized. but at that price, wouldn't sell well at all to compete.

11. loneknives

loneknives Guest

GPU:
    Galaxy gtx 670 GC
    I wish i can just buy the case alone and buy the component at alot cheaper price. Really love the case