Anyone given up smoking? And is Vaping?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Anyone needing gum, or vaping or any other BS should just go cold turkey.

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well for starters there's formaldehyde that forms at higher temps.

There's some people I know irl that vape with sets pushing really high voltages and try to blow massive clouds, unaware they're pumping their lungs full with it. Hence why I make it a base line to keep it below a certain voltage threshold and heat production.

3. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I smoked for almost 20 years, initially red marlboro's but as the economy tanked I swapped to rollies and I had about 15 per day but more if I was drinking. Been vaping since the end of August now and haven't looked back.

Started with a V2 EX series pen style starter-kit thing which was a bit hit and miss at first as I went with pre-filled cartridges and the nicotine was 12mg which was too low at first so I quickly ordered some 18mg cartridges but then realised within like a day that they were pretty expensive in the long run so ordered refillable cartridges and some liquid in a bottle and it was smooth sailing from there.

After a while I got fed up with having to charge the battery on the pen style device all the time so ordered a spare one but even then found it a bit of a hassle and the refillable empty cartridges didn't maintain their performance all that long and they were quite expensive too at 13 quid for a pack of 3 so I was in the market for a new device. They opened a vape shop near me and I bought an Innokin Endura T22 which felt like a huge upgrade as the battery lasts me 2 days on 1 charge and the tank was 5ml, coils are a tenner for a pack of 5 and a single coil keeps me going for 1.5 - 2.5 weeks.

Beginning of December I took the plunge and bought whats probably going to be my final set up which is a Uwell Crown 2 sub ohm tank and the Innokin Cool Fire 4 TC100 mod and I love this combo. The mod performs well and is still small enough to fit in the pocket and the tank with the .25 ohm coils gives loads of vapour and flavour. I tend to vape at 80 watts but often adjust the wattage based on my needs like if I find myself chain vaping I might drop it down to 65 watts and sometimes if I feel I need a bigger blast I might turn it up to 90 or 100 watts for a few puffs.

I'm not big on experimenting with liquids as in when I find a flavour I like I tend to stick with it. My go-to juice is Zeus Juice's The Black @ 6mg nicotine which is a blackcurrant with a bit of menthol or alternatively Dodoberry 6mg from the same company which is a slightly sweeter berry mix. I did feel the 50pg/50vg 12mg version of dodoberry on the Endura T22 was a slightly better flavour whereas the 80vg/20pg 6mg is a bit too much on the sweet side for me in the Crown 2 sub ohm tank so the Black 80/20 is my preferred all day vape.

As for how I feel physically since I made the change, just fine. One of the reasons I wanted off the analogs was due to my breathing becoming really wheezy and that hasn't been an issue since the change. As for any side effects I've noticed with vaping is rapid heartbeat if I've vaped a bit too much and I've also managed to dehydrate myself a little while I've been drinking and hitting the vape a bit too much but thats my own damn fault. I also used to get pretty bad hiccups ( or niccups ) when I was still on the 18mg nicotine stuff on the V2 pen, doesn't happen to everyone but certainly was an issue for me but I've lowered to 6mg since then and its not been an issue. I'll probably drop down to 3mg eventually but atm I'm happy with 6mg.

Some links to the stuff I've used on my vape journey so far.

The V2 EX series Starter Kit: https://www.buyv2cigs.co.uk/ex-series-beginners-kit/
    Solid kit for someone who wants to try out vaping. Fairly consistant performance and the draw is lot like you'd find on a regular cigarette but as I mentioned above, can be a bit fiddly and expensive in the long term.

Innokin Endura T22: https://www.innokin.com/vaporizers/endura-t22/

My personal recommendation since a new vaper would probably move to something like this eventually anyway. The T18 is just as good and more compact albeit with a smaller tank and battery ( needs refilling and recharging more often ). Only downside with both is that the draw can be a bit airy for someone who is coming from cigarettes but you can use a different mouthpiece to control that to some degree.

My current kit for the slightly more advanced vaper.
    Cool Fire 4 TC100 Mod: https://www.innokin.com/vaporizers/cool-fire-iv-tc-100/

Uwell Crown 2 Tank: https://myuwell.com/collections/subtanks/products/crown-ll

If you live in EU and are considering trying out vaping, now is a good time as you can still buy devices and kits with larger tanks. After May the 22nd you are not allowed to sell tanks larger than 2ml in the EU which means that new sub-ohmers will be topping theirs up constantly.

Finally a few youtube channels with some gear and liquid reviews that I follow.

Vaping with Vic: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnysMyOhLdS9OzxTXjUJjGQ

IndoorSmokers: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShPX44-EC3HtvKohu3Ws4A

Vaping Biker: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV1D6rVQXfLTLzeeKUPWljQ

Vaping with Twisted420: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgPR3trFb_fZbRADdcsMbfQ

Vape away guru's

4. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    I started smoking at 13, quit when I was 39.....2 packs a day toward the end. Reds, Newports, then Camel wides and non-filters.
    I've been vaping since then. Start at 24mg, 18, 12, 6, then finally 3mg. I quit for my wife and kids, more than for myself. (She pulled the "what if you die and I have to raise our kids without you"). Been thinking about taking up running again. I still have the cravings at work tho, all my co-workers smoke or vape.

Reuleaux RX200(250 with firmware update), SMOK TFV4 w/dual clapton coils.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yes have the T18 myself and like it! Considered the bigger T22 too but the pen-like-looking T18 was sleeker so went with it.

Charge and the tank last for a day for me, give or take, so just enough :)

Indeed using the narrower / pipelike mouthpiece gave a more smoking-like suction though the default round piece works just fine too.

Side note: the Endura lives up to its name. I've surely dropped the thing a dozen times and apart from a few scratches still works like new!

Broke the tank once though but luckily it's available as a spare part just like coils.

6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Been smoking for about 10 years and 3 years ago I quitted, using an e-cigarette for when the craving was bad. Stopped that too at some point. A few months back, I did stated to smoke real cigarettes again. It was a real stupid move on my part, but times were hard and I was drunk and depressed most of the time. Anyways, I decided to quit it, but also lean back on vaping again as a replacement.

At the moment I’m vaping Cosmic Fog Euphoria 03mg using Joyetech eVic Basic with a 1.5ohm Clapton coil at 14W mouth to lung. Also ordered the Joyetech eGrip II. I think it is important to notice how and how much you are doing it. Obviously making direct lung hits, at high voltages, temps and nicotine levels will have higher impact, whatever that may be. That’s why I prefer to stay low on all these and also keep an eye on my puff stats. I’m down from about 130 hits a day last month, to around 80 hits a day for the past 7-10 days. Trying to go less and less and may be at some point get a nicotine free juice.

All in all, I think that vaping is way better than smoking for your health (smell and budget too). Yes there may be health concerns and what not, but you still can’t compare breathing smoke from burning tobacco with all the chemicals added + the tar that sticks to your lungs, to a vapour that contains a handful of chemicals, most of which proven to be non-toxic. Everybody can have their opinion and that’s fine, but I will recommend vaping over smoking any day, if you are going to do one of those. And as someone who has successfully quitted smoking before with the help of vaping (and is on track to do it again) I believe that this is one of the better ways to go. Yes you are replacing one habit with another, but with the right attitude you can quit for good, or lower your smoking to just a few puffs a day, like at the end of the day with your drink of choice. Cheers!

7. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    U cannot quit smoking that easily...but I really suggest u smoke in a clear envioronment... so that that u breathe in clear air while u exhale the ****...I tried to quit smoking but I got admitted to a ****ing hospital...it not that easy...

8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    More info please, what happened?

9. alpha007org

alpha007org Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3
    I was smoking for 20+ years. As I'm software developer I was always smoking behind computer. 2 years ago docs tested my lungs and it was a disaster.

I started vaping 1 year ago. In december 2016 I was doing same tests again. My lung capacity and bronchie** something improved DRASTICALLY.

I am not claiming that vaping is harmless, but comparing to cigs, it may as well be.

10. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    3 years with steam now.. and happy.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If you're vaping, there is no "smoke". It's a vapor. According to studies, the vapor is no more harmful for those in the surrounding area than the oxygen they're already breathing, unlike the smoke from a cigarette that contains carcinogens....

Proper vaping liquids contain Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin, along with a flavoring agent. Nicotine is an optional additive compound.

Vaping and Smoking are 2 very different things. While smoking, you're inhaling hundreds to thousands of different, extremely toxic, chemicals. Most major brand cigarettes even contain various poisons like Arsenic. You're also slowly suffocating yourself due to lack of oxygen.

Propylene Glycol is used as both a flavor carrier agent and a preservative in foods and drinks. Vegetable Glycerin is used as a sweetening agent in foods. Both are deemed safe for human consumption. Neither shows negative effects when used in a proper vaporizer.

12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    The difference is a lot of people who smoke will go outside to do it, while most people who vape do it indoors. The only way to make vaping look good is to actually compare it to cigarettes.

http://www.discountvapers.com/risks/

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/vaping-linked-host-new-health-risks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...aping-e-cigarette-just-harmful-real-deal.html

I don't condone either of them.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  13. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    8 months off the cigs here, had smoked for 35 years and tried every method to try to quit but being a chef and working in high stress environments always went back to smoking, vaping now with 3mg nicotine down from 18mg, using a lostVape Therion 166w device with Joytech Ornate 6ml tank.

14. I dunno.. In my opinion, plenty of things will come to light with Vaping, just as it did with cigarettes.

Still, I do smoke.. Not a whole lot and I've started rolling my own. I use a machine, buy the tobacco and tubes, which saves quite a bit of cash.

15. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Mainly for me it was the cost, $25 for a pack of 20s and $80 for 50gram rolling tobacco it's so expensive here and the government increasesing the tax on them 10% every year, my week's vape liquid costs $15..

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Was that the guy who went "I'm so high they call me your highness?"

17. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Yup. Lol.

He lives in Washington State. Nuf said.

18. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    What liquids, flavours does everyone like?

I currently like Heisenberg by Vampire Vapes.

Iv'e also gone from 18-24mg nicotine on a above ohm tank, down to 3mg on a sub ohm.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Liqua Q The Moment is my favourite atm with 18 mg nicotine (1.5 ohm vaporizer).

I could probably make-do with lower nicotine content but don't want to risk going back to smokes as have vaped for... about six months so far.

(Use also other tobacco-like-flavoured liquids from Liqua / Liqua Q like Bright Tobacco or Traditional Tobacco).

20. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Thinking about getting one, cut down smoking for about 5 per day but like to cut it out completely. Any recommended brands? Can i also use liquids with any vape pen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.