MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 Final is Released

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Kol12

Kol12 Active Member

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3080 OC
    Restart seemed to do it, RTSS is opening with AB now...

Thanks @JonasBeckman post #38

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I really doubt that new HookDXGISwapChainRelease switch will be useful for any other applications in future. The thing that BF1 Fall Update DX12 renderer does it pretty untypical for 3D engines - it is concurrently Querying/Releasing DXGI Swap chain interface from multiple rendering threads a lot of times on each frame. This makes IDXGISwapChain::Release function hook unsafe and may cause it to lock application. In general the hook there is required to intercept the moment of DXGI swap chain destruction to let OSD to re-init or clean up resources properly. But most of games use a single swap chain during whole application lifetime and never recreate it dynamically, so it is possible to live without that hook safely. And BTW it doesn't affect DX12 only, it applies to DX10 and DX11 apps as well, but as you see there are about hundred of DX1x applications on the market and it was not necessary to do anything like that before BF12 DX12 renderer.

3. Unwinder

RTSS is not supposed to open up with AB on install on default settings. RTSS is only loaded by AB on demand when you enable any features in AB that require RTSS: e.g. enable "Framerate" graph, enable "Show in OSD" for any graph, enable videocapture via defining the hotkey for it and so on.

4. Joakim

Joakim Guest

Disable SLI feels just like ****, especially when I have a 1440p screen.....

DX12 doesn't work at all for me, game crashes on startup.

If DICE would have stated that multi-gpu would not be supported in BF1 I would have NEVER bought the game, period.

Refund?

/J

5. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Unwinder...thanks for the update. I was crashing on startup...having to start up at least 3 times to get it to work. Once running, BF1 crashed on shutdown. Now, with this patch...seems to work smoothly.

6. SubSonix

SubSonix New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Goverlay issue

Hi Unwinder, I use a GOverlay screen (can't link as I don't have enough posts) and through that I've been using RTSS to show me my in game FPS.

Since updating to 6.5 & 6.5.1 I am no longer able to get it to work.

I've talked to the developer about this issue too and am awaiting his reply.

Just thought I'd mention It In case you had any ideas?

Last but not least, thank you for developing such a wonderful program :D

7. Unwinder

There were some changes in RTSS shared memory layout related to 3D API identification flags interpretation after adding DX12 support. Most likely GOverlay rely on that data and stop displaying FPS if it cannot identify 3D API properly. If that's the case, then shared memory version handling should be added there.

8. SubSonix

SubSonix New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    I'll let them know, thank you for the quick reply :)

9. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    +1 Cheers!

10. viweviwe

viweviwe Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    Dx12 osd ok

Big thanks!!!

Perfect here. Battlefield 1 fall dx12 runs!!!

MSI Afterburner 4.3.0
    Z170A
    DDR4 2400
    WIN10 64

TW

11. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme

12. Unwinder

Thanks to those who tested 6.5.1 with BF1/DX12. We'll announce it as a new version in nearest few hours.

13. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Unwinder...just to be safe, please double check something. I installed the 6.5.1 and it disabled my Microsoft Office 2016 Pro. When I opened any program, it said that one of the modules was damaged. Had to do with one of the C++ redistributables...I believe 60610. Luckily I did a system restore to an earlier restore point and got Office working again.

What is odd about this...after I restored to an earlier point without 60610, I found that Server was still 6.5.1

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  14. Unwinder

Nope. That's not something that can be done on AB side.

15. xixou

xixou Guest

GPU:
    inno3d 1070 3x (4)
    Hi Alex,
    In your rivatuner time, there was a way to force p0 state.
    Is it still possible to do this with Msi afterburner ?

Note: The K (kboost?) is grayed out in Msiafterburner GUI.

Thanks for your response.

16. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    The K is for Kombustor. I will be greyed out unless you install it separately.

17. xixou

xixou Guest

GPU:
    inno3d 1070 3x (4)
    Indeed, this is for Kombustor.
    Still, my question remains ;-)

18. Unwinder

The first beta of RTSS 6.6.0 is available for those who wanted to see framerate limiting support for Vulkan. Vulkan support is still being developed and this build provides just initial Vulkan hooking support, so only the following things are currently implemented:

- Vulkan frame presentation interception and framerate statistics collection, i.e. framerate/frametime for Vulkan applications should be visible on the graphs in MSI Afterburner hardware monitoring module now
    - Framerate limiting support for Vulkan applications

The following things are not implemented yet and will be added in future 6.6.0 betas:

- OSD and screen/videocapture for Vulkan applications are not implemented yet

And important note:

- RTSS must be started BEFORE launching a Vulkan application to provide reliable Vulkan hooking. Dynamic start of RTSS during Vulkan application runtime is not supported.

http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/RTSSSetup660Beta1.rar

Any feedback on current implementation of Vulkan support is welcomed.

19. Unwinder

Heh, where are all those local "I cannot live without frame pacing in Vulkan" guys? Well, at least DOOM community provided some testing results.

20. Flapdrol

Flapdrol Guest

GPU:
    I tried the doom demo, I capped at 70 fps because I have a 75hz freesync screen.

Now it runs very smooth and it also makes the mouse consistent (might have caused that inconsistency myself by adding +set m_smooth 0 to the steam startup options).

Not as low latency as battlefield 4 with ingame limiter, but I guess that can't be helped. With my monitor on the fastest mode and settings reduced to "high" it's quick enough.

Guess I'll buy doom now. :)