Razer Ouroboros Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems, announced the availability for sale in North America of the award-winning Razer Ouroboros gaming mouse. The Razer Our...

Razer Ouroboros Gaming Mouse

2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    They announced this mouse so long time ago. I'm surprised that it hasn't been available before. The time before showing the product and letting people buy it is way too long as they just wait and wait, waste time on tracking updates and don't buy the products that are already available.

I haven't been waiting for Ouroboros, as I'm already pretty satisfied with my Mamba 2012 & Orochi 2013, but waiting for Roccat Ryos is driving me nuts.

3. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    i completely agree, i have a razer mamba 2012 as well and i still hold it in high regard. I had to RMA my first one over the profile switching buttons coming loose but the second one has been rock solid.

I did consider upgrading to this when it became available, but couldn't get over the ridiculous pricetag for next-to-no improvements on the mouse, you're just paying for the ability to have a more comfortable feeling mouse.

I would only consider the Ouroboros in the event that my mamba 2012 broke outside of its warranty period - and i still wanted a decent wireless mouse.

4. thefan1024

thefan1024 Guest

GPU:
    asusdirectcu2 gtx660ti2gb
    I didn´t knew this mouse was out of stock!
    i have one, and is a great mouse!
    unfortunetely the synapse 2 software from razar is total crap, full of bugs and lacks a lot of simple options.

but again, the mouse is great and seems well built!

5. Yopkin1

Yopkin1 Member

GPU:
    Asus DirectCU II 680 2GB
    It looks like from the first pic that they have add a finger rest on the front for your ring finger. (which it really needs) I find that my pinky slides into the crack from the palm reset being so far back. I miss my old mamba 2012. Nothing felt as to me better then it did and the weight was right. I just have problems with them the lazer would always drift up and once you had a small hair on the surface scanner it would just **** the bed. I would say the Ouroboros tracks better then the mamba like night and day. I miss the fact that the leds work as battery and what speed setting you picked. The onboard profiles saving saved you from having to have razer software running. just program the mouse save it and uninstall. Synapse 2 has a problem where the x y would off sync from themselves all the time. I have taken the mouse back over the counter three they all suffer from it. Oh well guess wait to see what they come out with next

6. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I have not the best experience with Synapse software. It works fine with BlackWidow, but terribly with Orochi 2013 - it doesn't keep the settings and in order to keep button bindings I have to reapply the profile each time, which is so troublesome with laptop mouse.

So I do hope that it works with Ouroboros as well as with BlackWidow.

7. Yopkin1

Yopkin1 Member

GPU:
    Asus DirectCU II 680 2GB
    I have the blackwidow and ouroboros. I have not had any problems with it remembering my profiles or macros on my widow. always logs in and gets my info from there server well. two reformats and three ouroboros later. (first reason I took it back was synapse problems that was fixed later on) other two where just small things. here our store will just give over the counter exchange and renew the one year warranty.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    That price is a little ridiculous for a mouse. Plus its ugly

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you forgot it's built like crap :)

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    $150? I'll take one for $30. Madcatz started this stupid trend of bloating already bloated prices from the $80 point to $150. Not that they've improved anything, when I think of inferior quality, I think of Madcatz.