Amd Ryzen to be released March 3rd or February.

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by nz3777, Jan 11, 2017.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Thanks to some sleuthing from various readers, AMD has accidentally let the cat out of the bag with regards to the official Ryzen launch date. While they haven’t specifically given an exact date, the talk to be given by AMD at the annual Game Developer Conference (GDC) says the following:

Join AMD Game Engineering team members for an introduction to the recently-launched AMD Ryzen CPU followed by advanced optimization topics.

The GDC event runs from February 27th to March 3rd, and currently the AMD talk is not on the exact schedule yet, so it could appear any day during the event (so be wary if anyone says Feb 27th). At this time AMD has not disclosed an exact date either, but it would be an interesting time to announce the new set of Ryzen CPUs right in the middle of both GDC and Mobile World Congress which is also during that week. It would mean that Ryzen news may end up being buried under other GDC and smartphone announcements.

Then again, the launch could easily be anytime during February – this March 3rd date only really puts an end-point on the potential range. AMD has stated many times, as far back as August, that Q1 is the intended date for launch to consumers in volume. When we spoke with AMD at CES, nothing was set in stone so to speak, especially clock speeds and pricing, but we are expecting a full launch, not just something official on paper. Ryan will be at GDC to cover this exact talk, and I’ll be at MWC covering that event. Either way, we want to make sure that we are front of the queue when it comes time to disclosing as much information as we can get our hands on ahead of time. Stay tuned!

Got this from Overclock.net- 3rd of march so an early birthday gift for myself hehe, My bd is on the 7th so I hope they dont push it back any longer otherwise I might just get 7700k I cant wait anymore.Edit sorry about that looks like that March 3rd could be the very end-date for release/.:)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    if its 10th you will get 7700K as an "excuse"? sorry but I lol'd :grin:

Why not get at least a 6core i7 then, that would be a much better "investment".

3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Lol @ Tj,

You have a point i can get the 5820k for cheeper, also the boards have come down in price X-99 so its a win win for me.I just meant I was sick of waiting for the release, not that a couple of days is going to change anything but these guys have changed so many dates already as it is.....I honestly cannot see what the problem is already.

Looks like end of Feb so yeah. Thanks for reply Tj.

4. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I need a (whole) new system alltogether,Cpu,board,Video-card pretty much everything! I am giving this one to my daughter fyi.The new one will be something like this....

1) i7 7700k kaby-lake or i7 5820k
    2) decent board for overclocking
    3) 1 x Gtx 1080 or possibly 2x Gtx 980 ti (used) ?
    4) Windows 10 pro
    5) 32 gb 3000 Mhz ram
    6)Corsair ax 1200 Psu

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    just wait a bit, there is a possibility about 6core 12thread ryzen as well and apparently ~250-300$

otherwise if you really cant wait after 3rd March then get that 5820k, 6800k would be even better but i see it can oc a bit less..

gpu well, 1080ti should be announced ~ that time as well, amd Vega too. imo its a tricky time to buy old stuff, unless you get a really good deal on that 1080.. otherwise grab one cheap custom 980ti and wait for 1080ti or vega. just dont get evga, they are hot - except classified model (top tier)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  6. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Yeah pretty much what you said, Today they announced a 4-core Zen so I am kinda hyped-up about Ryzen ect, if nothing we always have Intel to fall back on you know? lol.

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not that long to wait now , we almost there :D , i'm on the same boat as you nz3777. I really need to upgrade my whole platform ( new cpu + new mobo ). I will wait it out until Ryzen , then i will make the jump and upgrade. If AMD Ryzen fails in the performance department i will go Intel , but everything i see so far indicates that AMD Ryzen will be the platform to get.

8. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Lets hope you are right, I have a feeling they will fall short for some reason in the (Gaming) benchmarks compared to Intel's offerings but that is just a wild guess. Everything is optimized to run better on Intel platform.Lets see if Amd can change any of that. :)

9. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB-CustomLoop
    Even if you don't want to go AMD, you will probably see a response from Intel in the form of price reduction.

10. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Sounds like a win/win situation to me, they finally lit that match under intel's ass lol. looks like I was 1 day off- close enough tough.

11. Craigpd

Craigpd Member

GPU:
    Raedeon HD7950 3GB
    It looks like we may be expecting 8 core Ryzen in very early march, some sources, even here at Guru3D are hinting towards March 2nd, but with no word on when to expect various other models.

12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    if only I didnt spend so much money during christmas, and have to now use my tax return to pay this months rent......