do u prefer shooters with a controller or keyboard mouse?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Aug 28, 2013.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i personally think why didn't they make a keyboard or mouse for consoles, it kills the fun of playing an FPS 1st person with a stupid controller, i dunno how, i can't stand playing fps with a controller, what about BF4, do u buy it for ps4 or get a pc to run it well.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You can not play a shooter with a controller and not get your ass kicked. Mouse+KB owns, it's a fact.

I can't move with a damn controller, so damn weird.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    ^ Same here, I do play quite many games on PC with a controller but when it comes to aiming in shooters I am just pathetic.:bang:

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I've tried playing FPS with a Dualshock 2 pad, didn't go well. Always having to compensate when moving the stick as you either move it too far or not enough.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I remember when they wanted to push console players to play Unreal Tournament 3 with PC players, Oh that would be a massacre. :D

6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    OFC M+KB is the way to go, but I recently played Killzone 2 (with the DualShock) and Half-Life 2 (with the Xbox360 pad on PC) and it is not that bad. That said this only works for single player - to be lazily enjoyed from the couch, but in MP I'll just be a walking frag. Will try Killzone 3 MP when I get more used to it. After all there are millions of ppl playing CoD and BF with these things.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    They were talking about something like that with CS:GO ages ago, not sure what happened to that idea. They would just end up having to give console players auto aim just to make it fair....

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i couldn't even stand it playing a singleplayer campaign with a controller, dunno maybe it's me, i play racing games,football, third person shooters maybe, gta,may payne...etc.

9. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    PS4 might have keyboard & mouse enabled in games, as ive read somewhere. Not fact yet, but they are considering it.

Well, i play RDR with controller and no auto-aim (i always end up shooting the hostages i want to rescue) so learning that was a pain really. Ended up getting one of those KB & M adapters for my 360. Feels kinda weird since the mouse is simulating the controller stick, but its still better than a controller.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    if there will be kb+ms for the ps4, dump the pc and get ps4, all problems solved :p yippi-kay-yey.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Dont really prefer either use both, depends on the game.

12. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I prefer m+kb. Apart from racing games, sports. Cant aim with stupid stick!

13. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Keyboard and mouse are just more accurate for FPS shooters, it's been proven.

I can use both, since i also play them on console since my friends aren't PC gamers.

I doubt they will actually go ahead with letting people use either one or the other on consoles though for that very reason since gamepad players would be at a disadvantage automatically.

14. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    first person shooters = kb+m all other games for me = xbox360 gamepad

have to say though i just cannot stand ps3 pads i dont know why exactly but for definite the sticks are more sensitive to aim/move with

15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

If a keyboard and mouse could be added to the PS4, it will probably required to be a 'special' keyboard and mouse. That is, you won't be able to use your cherry key keyboard or you favourite gaming mouse. Instead, you will probably be limited to a grossly overpriced low end combo.

16. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    GTA IV on Pc totally nailed it: KB&M for running around / shooting, then grab 360 pad when entering a vehicle. Perfect.

17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    KB+Mouse all the way.

18. rired48

rired48 Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 5870
    A no-brainer...

KB/Mouse....

19. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    I play FPS with a controller sometimes , but when i get back using KB+Mouse it somehow feels like cheating :D

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    They still would get massacred by top PC players because the auto aim would be slow to react compared to a top PC player flickshotting you in the head with and AK...

So many attempts have been made but never got out of the test phase. Console players with controllers got their asses handed to them time and time again. Not because they all suck, but just because it's physically impossible to compete with the precision, speed and agility of a mouse.