Windows 8

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by snowdweller, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    men, ar u serious it is not about start menu not havin enuff on it, it is about
    it being organised an easy to see AND scrowl through, even if it takes u 3 secons
    longer than normal (which I DOUBT very much) it isd more visully pleasing.

once u an every other "win7" prat gets used to thi evolutions of win8 we will be
    all better off an can move on from yuor stupid arguments of "oh i dont no were start menu is, help me, win8 is crap" <---same old stor

i challeng any of u to rpove me wrong, seriuosly :/ get with the program, suck it up an like it or stay with win95./

sorry if i sound mad :(

2. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    Yes, as i do not have to, i have a desktop and i can group my icons and organize them as much i want them with 0 clicks needed to be performed or scrolling needed, start menu is a general task feature, i use it to either access several areas from my pc that do not feel right to be cluttering the desktop and whatever program i want, i dont even have to go browse all programs folder, if i know what program is and i really start it like once a decade i just press winkey type a very small part of its name and press enter, its that much faster, all this without ever having some random junk in full screen over my workspace, taskbar, open windows and so on, in addition to that, this is done with 0 scrolling or childish animations slowing the process down.

So there you have it, lets make the process slower because of a random made up issue that Microsoft feeds their fans with by obliterrating a good tool and replace it with some random apps of which are slower to reach and interact with just for the sake of visual eye candy and scatter general options all around the OS which you usually found them all conveniently in 1 place.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  3. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    oh dear men "junk"? hav u ever raelly used the windows8 properly and to its full poltential? no... i thought not.. one day men/man u wil laern that it is not just the start menu that is botherin u it iss ur own understandin an place in the universe, u have dark hate in ur hart an it is not ur folt but eventually u wil be able to let go of that and see win8 it really iws. right now u are just lookin for some1 to blame because there is not a start menu, that is fine and i undersntpond and forgive ut once u see how it works u will be moer than jphappy at the change going on and join in with the rst of us, this i trust, i will ACTUALLY help u pysicially with an im sure other win8 men such as skyozis and the other one will help too/. im startin to understand this is a hard time for u men now, i orygnally thought u were all pig heded but now i releise there is much deeper issues that need to be adresessd before u can adopt win8 and its rightful place./ but we re here to help! that is wot guru(3dd)s are for!

4. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    I have no problem to use different interfaces than windows, ive used linux, mac os, ios and android, my main OSes right now are android and windows however.

My point is simple, no matter how fast a productive person works on windows 8, even after 10 years of experience that person will work faster in windows 7, its that simple, frankly i dont know what you even see so beautifull and wonderfull in windows 8, as a programmer i see nothing about it appealing, interesting or innovative.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What type of programs do you make?

6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    so far with windows 8, if it wont boot. its not going to boot.

for some reason repair function wont work on my system. refresh wont work and reset wont work. even after fresh install.

I never had a problem window 7 repair functions

if system cant boot. it cant enter the advance system menu..

it too strict when it comes to installing unsigned software and drivers. or accessing some files. it my darn computer. give me access to my files

sometimes I think about going back to windows 7. but dont have the time to do all the updates

7. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Sad thing is that Microsoft could have prevented this whole debate from ever happening by simply just making their START interface and the Start Menu an "option" in the control panel.

And like I said before, there were no technical reasons whatsoever preventing it from being possible.
    Forcing people to accept change when there is no cause for it is never a good thing.

8. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Anyone got a spare WMC key?
    I tried filling the form for a key yesterday and today and upon completing i'm getting "can't process your order".

Has MS stopped handing out keys all of a sudden or is the downtime temporary?

Or i might as well call MS support this monday.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Same here, i think they made a IP block or something..

10. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    wmc activation a joke anyway. Change motherboard and can't use the key again. And calling to activate results in windows not genuine. At lest it did for me in one system. And the system was in fact genuine. But I think the lock they put on people using key to activate windows 8 is screwing reactivations for people are playing by the rules

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I think maybe they stopped handing out WMC keys because people were activating Windows 8 via illegal KMS server, then getting the WMC key.. that basically replaces the KMS activation key with the a legitimate WMC key.

12. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Even then, they should have taken that site down or do a simple genuine check. For example that you can only fill in an e-mail address from a genuine W8 copy. For all my other systems i already have a key, just need 1 &$^&*& key for the last, a bloody HTPC for gods sake! :bang:

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Would XBMC be a good alternative to Windows Media Center? I haven't tried it myself, I just know about it from when I was researching different mods for the original XBOX.

There is a Windows Version http://xbmc.org/

14. DYNOMO

DYNOMO Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    I have waited nearly 6 days and still no media update pack key. Spoken to 2 support reps and still no blooming key. Why give away a free upgrade if you cannot get the darn thing. Microsoft sucks. It's apple next time its time for an upgrade. Wish I never upgraded to windows 8 now.

15. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Dynomo, check your PM I sent you one I never used.

16. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Dammit! Forgot to call MS support for the bloody key. Oh well. No WMC then and tbh, i don't care for their shenanigans anymore. XBMC it is.

17. Teko

Teko Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    I would say so. I've never been crazy about WMC. I personally use XBMC for my front-end on my HTPC, it's amazing --- plus its cool when you have an XBMC Remote App to control it all. I use XBMC Remote on my Surface RT just for the "look what I can do" filter, although I normally use a Logitech Harmony One

18. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    what you mean no WMC then? You DO know that the whole Free Windows Media Center upgrade promotion goes on until the end of JANUARY, right?

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's not working for them..

20. DYNOMO

DYNOMO Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Thank you very much ! Worked great. Happy New Year to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.