Updates From Guru3D Folders

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Svein_Skogen, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Kaktus

Kaktus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Grats Sash! :nerd:

2. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    no sorry man, i am taking a break, i can only afford one rig which i use for gaming mostly and work stuff, i cannot afford to keep it folding so much, as i said, my gpu already developed coil whine during the folding time,
    one day when i will have more resources, i will fold

3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I installed linux on my 4th old machine just for folding as I reached 1M mark :)

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Forced to stop folding....again... Had CPU temp under control....now CPU voltage is spiking to 1.4V... Don't really know what to do at this point. Regardless of what I do, the voltage still climbs to 1.4V and temps skyrocket.

5. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    have you got the voltage on auto?

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If I manually set the voltage, I get lockups and BSOD. If I leave it on auto, I see 1.4V within a few seconds....

7. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    Yeah that sounds like your voltage is on auto, mine is too. However mine only spikes to 1.37, and temp max at 60 running all cores and 54 running 2. I am using a H70 in push-pull. What case do you have? Are you limited by a specific case size?

edit: I posted my response to late, so you are running auto. Whats your overclock?

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Yes, my voltage is on auto. I'm using an Antec "One" case with Antec Kuhler 620. If I change vcore from auto, I get BSOD's or lockups when trying to fold.

I was only at 4.5ghz with HT disabled

9. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    Well it says you can put up to 5 fans in the case, but there is not much for venting in the case. I am sure this is a no "duh" suggestion, but lower your overclock until you get a solution. I also have no idea what would cause it to lock up on manual voltage. Did you enable LLC or off set voltage?

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Case can only fit 3 fans with the power supply and graphics card installed. Apparently the people at Antec can't read a tape measure cuz the power supply blocks the bottom fan mounting location.

My Kuhler 620 is setup as an intake fan so it gets the coolest air possible. Ambient temp is 20C.

11. iancook221188

GPU:
    hey sykozis what BSOD code are you getting this guide may helphttp://www.overclock.net/t/940091/bsod-codes-when-ocing-must-have-info.
    even when overclocking SB on high overclocks you will start needing to play with other voltages 1.4 seem a bit high for 4.5

12. iancook221188

GPU:
    power cut i think for the first time in 3 years of folding had to get them all started again

13. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Luck of the draw; even chips from the same wafer won't behave the same way between one another.

Personally, mine's been like that for almost a year (almost 1.4v for 4.4GHz; also set to Auto), and no BSOD whatsoever aside from rising thermals due to dustbunnies on the Mugen 3.
    The board is the 'bog standard' Asus P8P67 (B3 revision), and that was with ambient of 27C most of the time, and quite humid as well.

14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I think going for 1.4 for SB is little bit too high. Not healthy.

I could push mine 2500k for 4.8GHz, but it would require lots of voltage, more temps to cool down and more electricity bill (around 110W for CPU package). From my experience there no really huge difference in PPD by adding 100 - 300 MHz.

Get maximum stable performance from 1.32v - 1.35v, test it by running Prime95 and you good to go. No really need to sweat your CPU over a little boost.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Win8 doesn't give a code...just a useless blue screen telling you Windows crashed.

16. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Is there nothing mentioned in the event viewer about the BSOD

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I finally found the source of the BSODs.... For whatever reason, the Bclk seems to be changing on it's own. During a stress testing session, the bclk randomly switched between 100mhz and 105mhz multiple times. After several switches, BSOD occurred. It doesn't happen during every stress test so it's been a challenge to isolate though I believe it to be a bios issue and am awaiting a new bios from ASRock.

Unfortunately, due to financial constraints I can't resume folding to see if the condition has corrected itself. I'm waiting to see my power bill to determine the difference between 30 days of folding and 30 days without. My power bill last month was double that of my power bill for the prior month. Not sure if that was an accounting error on the power company's part or what caused it. Will know in another week or 2.

Nothing of any use seems to get logged.

18. iancook221188

GPU:
    fare doo on the power side of things sykozis, good you found the problem very strange problem to be having with the bclk

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    What's weirder is that the vcore goes higher set to Auto with HT disabled, than it does with HT enabled. 1.42V with HT disable...1.36V with HT enabled. I've got it stable at 1.26V with HT enabled using offset voltage right now. Once I see how the power bill looks, I'll see if it can Fold stable with HT enabled and keep reasonable temps. Still waiting for Raidmax to release the new Cobra case. This Antec "Gaming Series" ONE case has horrible airflow....

20. iancook221188

GPU:
    are you using LLC as there is more load on the cpu with HT you will get more voltage drop