X800 Game Screenshots! MASSIVE 56K warning!

Discussion in 'Links' started by David, Jun 8, 2004.

1. PR0_PSX

PR0_PSX Guest

duke3d sure pushes teh limits of the x800, only 500fps :)

2. David

David Guest

oh boy...

yes they have changed the algorythm, Temporal AA anyone?

Image Quality has improved.
    3DC anyone? (ok its not implemented yet but expect imroved image quality

3. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    I have a question is stalker going to be a OPENGL game or a D3D?

4. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    DX9.
    The game engine may or may not come with an OpenGL renderer [Like FarCry and UT2004].

5. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    Nice post SL2 im soon getting a X800xt and was wondering is the performance that bad in doom3 with ATI cards I know you had AF and AA maxed out but should it not perform better hopefully Ati comes out with better drivers for when Doom 3 comes out. Sl2 when you tested battlefield games was that in opengl?

6. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    One more Question SL2 how much watts do you have in your power supply I have 350 will that be enough?

7. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Battlefield 1942/DC is DX8.1 & Battlefield Vietnam is mainly DX8.1 w/ a few DX9 shaders.

My PSU is rated 250w, but it has an extremely high efficiency rating complimented by a very power efficient Shuttle motherboard.
    If you have a high quality, branded PSU then you have nothing to fear with your spec. If you have an OEM brandless PSU, then it'd be a good idea to purchase one to save blood and tears later on. :)

Doom 3 Beta 2 runs at over 60FPS with 2xAA / 2xAF. The beta is very un-optimised and has quite a few memory leaks though.
    The full version and [here's hoping] a re-written OpenGL driver should sort out the performance issues [If it doesn't, I'm going to be a tad pissed to say the least].

8. V_LESTAT

V_LESTAT Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY XLR8 GTX280
    am i the only one here who's NOT impressed.

even with AA and AF maxed im still seeing some alaising in far cry pictures. and bad aa for being full AA and AF.

none of these pictures are making me want to buy one. i mean i already do, hell yes. but not becuase of these pictures. because of the performance.

i get superb image quality and performance with my 9700 pro already. it isnt full quality for all those games.

and i wouldnt be sitting here posting pics of HL2 and Doom3 since those are illegal copies of games.
    your setting yourself up for a little RIAA action since you posses illegal copies of those games. unless of course you can prove your a beta tester for both those games, which i cant say you are or arent ,but even if you are your breaking the beta tester agreement by posting pics.

ok anyways sorry for that just wanting to give you a heads up to the possible reprocussions of sitting here posting pics of those 2 games.

other than that im not impressed. but pictures dont tell the whole story.. playing the games is the only way.

how about temps and things like that, how hot does that sucker run ?

what about Temperal AA have you turned that on also ? try it soo how much better games like far cry and UT 2004 looks. i know when i use Temperal AA in far cry its like an instant night and day difference. and the game looks even better.

sorry for sounding like a downer,, not trying to be that way , i just dont see anything impressive.

9. Alkali

Alkali Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce 8800GTX
    Dont forget Doom3 has been changed to run on the ARB2 codepath since the first leaked alpha.

10. Alkali

Alkali Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce 8800GTX
    Ok, lets see now... I dont remember the exact reason for it, but its got something to do with FarCry using alpha textures. For whatever reason (I think the FSAA is done before the alpha textures are applied?), the alpha textures are simply not anti-aliased - and this is why you see the striking aliasing in the image you are talking about.

I agree, it is distracting, but you get exactly the same problem with any other graphics card. Its something that should shake out over the next year or two, and eventually the companies will work out how to apply FSAA to alpha blended textures.

11. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    SL2 I have a chieftec 350 watts power supply is that a bad company or is it alright.

12. SL2

SL2 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Chieftec are a respectable brand, so you should be fine.

13. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    Sl2 i know this was not the post to ask question but thank you very much for your help.

14. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    I get great image quality from my 9500Pro too. I don't think you're suppose to be impressed by the pics, but more by the performance - which you already are.

To be honest these pics all do look great, but when you're playing Doom 3 or HL2 are you're going to sit back and look at the sights while you have monsters & enemies trying to kill you? :p

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    oooooohhhhh.... thats a nice tree.... *BANG* dead!

16. Kaizen

Kaizen Banned

GPU:
    XFX 6800 GT @ 410/1.12

RIAA? Thats for music guy. The game industry is not actively seeking out illegal downloaders, yet.

17. V_LESTAT

V_LESTAT Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY XLR8 GTX280
    not to contradict you and also not to go off topic but you wouldnt want to make a bet about that statement would you.
    i havent heard of anyone getting tagged for having either of those games. but its a risk, and one that i would recommend people not take.
    doom 3 isnt going to run as well for the ati cards its been known for a long time.
    but half life 2, yeah best buckle your safety bet that game from everything ive seen is gunna kick the holy crap out of everything out there.
    and im willing to wait.

just wish i had gotten a 9800 pro with the HL2 coupon. :'( .

anyways they are nice pics. and the Fraps fps in the corner is also nice. but fraps is too spuratic. but its about as real time as you can get when its set to max fps refresh.
    1 frame could show 60 fps and another could show 20 simply becuase your game jumps around like that.
    i wish more games had FPS locks. cuz anything over 60 fps is wasted cpu and gpu power and could be used for other areas.

ok way off topis sorry.

and someone said something about the summer heat.

yeah you aint kidding i cant even play any games cuz my rig is way to hot.. just idle here its 45 deg. and if i start up a game within a few minutes its upwards of 55 deg C. which is too hot for me. dont like it that hot. not to mention i have no way of checking the 9700 pro temps.

so does the x800 series show the temps in the control panel ?

your kidding right wtf would you buy a gateway X800-PE ? warrenty sure the warrenty there has always been good.
    i worked there for 3 years. (i assume you might work there also ?) and wouldnt buy another piece of their hardware if i had to. but ill definately take the warrenty.
    ok ill take one of the big fat ass laptops with warrenty and accidental damage protection warrenty.

18. Alkali

Alkali Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce 8800GTX
  19. Kaizen

Kaizen Banned

GPU:
    XFX 6800 GT @ 410/1.12
    WTF, its not a gateway brand. Have you been under rock all these days? I got it for $435. Now shut the FU, you talk too much. your one of those computer geeks that think they know, but you really have no idea.:rolleyes:

20. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    V_LESTAT are you just here to bust everyones balls or what im in europe and dont give a **** about about RIAA they have arested like 100 people lol there is a billion people in the world downloading illegal ****.Its like the lottery more chance of getting hit by lightning then getting caught by Riaa or whatever its called let SL2 do his thing stop busting peoples balls your the first one on this thread talking bull**** chill out man.