Important for VIA users (With problems after game loads)

Discussion in 'Links' started by Glidefan, Nov 7, 2002.

1. osama1234

osama1234 Guest

GPU:
    Asus MX-400 64mb
    just asking, is this the video driver you're talking about or the via drivers?
    if its the video i can help, if its via i can't cause i really never had a via mobo :)

2. WoodooJr

WoodooJr Guest

I Shall Thank You A Lot!!!

Hey, I am just posting this to THANK YOU A WHOLE LOT!!! This just solved all my problems!!! Everytime I was about to start a game, It used to crash back to windows or reboot. The only detonator drivers that used to wor were 27.04, but they are not as good as the ones I´m using now (44.30).
    Now I can tell that I have a good Video Card!! Thanks to you!!!

Just for future reference, my problem was that everytime I tried to install newer detonator drivers (30.xx and above) the games crashed back to windows or reboot. The only game it didn´t happened was Neverwinter Nights (Still wondering why...), but all the other I´ve been playing lately (Fifa 2003, Need For Speed 6, WarCraft 3, GTA Vice City...) Crashed.

My system:

AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    40GB HD - Samsung 7200 rpm
    256mb RAM (SDRAM)
    Sound Blaster 128 (Crap) Sound board
    GeForce 4 MX 440 SE by XFX

I hope this post can serve you all for future reference, or if you are having the same problem I was, or if you are afraid to try this little upgrade. See you later

WoodooJr
    Windows XP - Professional

3. Funguwari

Funguwari Guest

OMG I GOT THE SAME MOBO AS YOU!!! AND I THINK THIS MIGHT DO IT!!! IM TRYING NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

4. Yamada

Yamada Guest

Help... Going Crazy

I need Help.
    I have recently bought a PC. P4 2.6 GHz, 512 DDR, SCSI 20GB HD, Gforce 4 TI4800 SE,Win XP Pro, Lex BN400 mother board(latest Bios supports 2/4/8 AGP. 300 Watt PS. The Chip set is Via. Using Detonator 44.67 drivers. I have a fresh copy of XP Pro SP1 installed. Via 4 in 1 Drivers loaded, Direct X 9.0.
    My problem:

When I try to run any games I get Runtime error messages with in seconds of it opening? I loaded the via memory patch(No Joy) I can get the games to run if I remove the Via Drivers... I get low FS. not the answer! With this configuration when I run DXDIAG AGP Texture Acceleration is greyed out... When I install the 4in1 the option is available & enabled but I get Run Time Error
    Ttried tweaking various settings in the Bios to no avail.
    Reinstalled XP and drivers countless times,
    I suspect the problem is with the Via Chipset...I am considering returning the PC and changing to a Board with out a VIA Chip set and upgrading to the ATI 9800 Pro.

5. Crizzo

Crizzo Guest

more nvidia problems

Im also having problems with my game crashing on or shortly after running ut2003. I get this message:

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-02-13_18.53]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1677 MHz with 255MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (4467)

General protection fault!

History: FCoronaRender::RenderCoronas <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

How do I find out if I have a VIA chipset motherboard? I'm using a Gigabyte AMD761+686B AGPset.

6. Accorkie

Accorkie Member Guru

GPU:
    8600GT 256MB
    after i try to load a game .. ex.WC3..AOM..CS.. the intro is fine but when it hits the options either my screen goes blank or my graphics are really distorted but the audio keeps playing.. i've tried updating drivers.. reinstall uninstall windows. video card.. switching RAM.. any ideas?.. the patch didn't work.. blah

7. Greg23

Greg23 Guest

Add my name to the list of ecstatically happy people that got bailed out by this fix. I have been dealing with EA Sports tech support for 2 weeks. They tried their best but never got past basic suggestions. I have gone through changing virtually every setting on my computer, changing and updating drivers, etc. NOTHING worked until I installed this patch.

My probelm was only on F1 2002, Soyo MB, VIA chipset, GeForce4 Ti4200. Lock ups (frozen video w/sound looping), kicked to desk top, Ddhelp <unknown> module errors. Anytime from 2 seconds to 30 seconds of play time.

Thanks again, this is great info.

8. PrZen

PrZen Guest

Thanx !!

My problem was that Deus Ex 1 and occasionally Deus Ex 2 crashed; my computer would just turn itself off especially when I tried to save the games....

Now I've been playing for 30 minutes holding my breath, and everything works fine !

Thank you, man !!!!:D

9. Possible fix?

"3D games and Win XP put too much load on the memory queuing timer procedure"

would dumping XP for 98 potentially solve the issue? I need help before abig LAN Party next weekend!

10. C4ltech

C4ltech Guest

What may happen to my system, if I update the drivers for my motherboard? Is this update easily removable? As easy as the graphic-card driver update?

I have a:
    VIA KT400 Chipset DDR400
    nVidia GF4 Ti4200 64MB

11. lach

lach Guest

hi there. i have been given a geforce4 mx440 64mb but when i plugged it in, windows and games say that it only has 32mb. whats wrong with it, you guys know? i have a p3 1000 on a asus cuv4x-e. if someone can help it would be great. lach

12. jimlad

jimlad Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 970
    madness i just took a card back a radeon9800pro because of this issue but now it's march 2005 look at the dates ffs 2002 this thread started,
    they both knew, ATI/VIA all this time and i've found many with this problem LMFAO, money money money,the root of all evil.