RadeonMod (Tweak Utility)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by theoneofgod, Oct 23, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It only works in full screen with vsync off. The only combo that makes it utterly useless.

2. falconer

falconer Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD5450
    Yeah I use RTSS too for FPS limit but i tried to limit it just with RadeonMod but it wont work so I thought someone could have had this problem.

3. sagael

sagael Active Member

GPU:
    7670m
    With this I can deactivate the hypermemory of my 7670m?

4. msmucr

msmucr Guest

GPU:
    AMD
    Could someone give me a tip for adjustment of range of DXVA accelerated video at HD4350 (I know ;)).
    I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 at one machine with bundled driver 8.970.100.9001 without CCC.. It's out of its support phase and full blown AMD driver won't be released.
    Otherwise the card is working well, but this greyish accelerated videos drives me crazy.

I've tested RadeonMod with DynamicRange_DEF and DynamicRange_Enable_DEF, but the driver seems to ignore those settings regardless of combination.
    Desktop colors are fine, but whenever I drag'n'drop some mp4 video to Chrome for the test, black is at 16.

The same thing for video playback was necessary to set also with Nvidia card, when I tested..

So if you have any idea, how convince this Radeon driver to play properly, I'd really appreciate that.

Michal

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    _SET - Means: Range, or working variables etc.
    Look for this when setting DEF
    DynamicRange_DEF=1 or 100 ?
    DynamicRange_Enable_DEF=1 or 0

Or just try and install CCC over the new ones (Only CCC, delete drivers)
    Then "DynamicRange_NA"="0" (means avaible in CCC)

6. msmucr

msmucr Guest

GPU:
    AMD
    Thank you for the reply, OnnA.

That's what I've tried first...
    Those keys wasn't present there, so I've created them and tested all variants.
    According to the description in RadeonMod, DynamicRange_DEF at 1 is limited and 0 is full range 0-255. Now I also tested value 100 as you've suggested.
    DynamicRange_Enable_DEF should enable that, but regardless of 1 value there, it it isn't applied to played video.

I've tried to do that, but last released Catalyst for Windows 7 or beta for 8 isn't possible to install. It's possible to extract just CCC and install it, but it doesn't start with Win 10 bundled driver.. with the message, there's no card, it can control.

Anyway thanks again!

Michal

7. korino1

korino1 Member

GPU:
    rx460
    Hello! I have a question, maybe can somebody help to me with it?
    In RadeonPro exist settings like -TextureLOD

Is it possible to add somehow in registry inside windows to make an effect?
    Very good options for me.
    Or Maybe it exist in RadeonMOD? But I searched and didn't found. Ofocurse there are several options like - LodAdj - but it makes only sharpnes in lower setings. But when I am making negative value it just adde Sharpnes!. I am wanna make textures more "candy" like with RadeonPro in TextureLOD with negative values.
    Or it is a combination effect. I am used mipmapquality maximup +TextureLOD in negative in radeonPro.
    It makes an affect like veeeery good textures with clear structure. How to make this effect using radeon Mod?!?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  8. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    does this support the RX4xx series?

the UMD folder on my system is only found under "0001" and "0002"

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    This one -> AMD-Catalyst-15.11.1Beta-Nov14 (delete from there drivers, leave CCC alone)
    or this -> https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArwXzixQ74Jbct3vBjB2sIl49cI
    Remember that some options are Obsolete now.
    ATI need to Re-do this in new fashion way for ReLIVE :bonk:

10. johnriper

johnriper Guest

GPU:
    3x r9 290
    can you add to RadeonMod the ability to spoof device id?

hello i have 2 xfx r9 290 not unlockable and one asus matrix r9 290x on my system. In dx12, crossfire is enabled but time spy in 3d mark only uses the first card the asus one. If i test tomb raider with dx12 enabled only the first card works, but in dx11 all of them work, and in fire strike 3d mark again again all of them work. I think this is a problem with dx12 crossfire with different device ids in cards. I tryied to write bios from r9 290x to my 2 xfx cards, but ati flash changes device id from 67B1(290) TO 67B0(290X) but when i use gpu z in windows the device id is not changed it is still 67B1, SO NO LUCK WITH XFX cards, My second option was to try to hex edit the bios of the asus one 290x, and change it to 290, still no luck, bios flashing went ok but the device id still has not changed, i think that there is another way windows detect device id, not only from the bios, thats why i m asking for help in spoof device id, in hackindos with clover this is easy but i have not discover a windows way yet...
    thanks

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    New Tweaks for R^MOD

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\UMD]
    "Tessellation_OPTION_DEF"="2"
    "Tessellation_DEF"="6"
    "Tessellation"=hex:36,00,00,00
    "Tessellation_OPTION"=hex:32,00,00,00
    "Tessellation_SET"=hex:31,20,32,20,34,20,36,20,38,20,31,36,20,33,32,20,36,34,\
    "Main3D_DEF"="3"
    "Main3D"=hex:33,00
    "AreaAniso"=hex:30,00
    "MLF"=hex:30,00
    "EQAA"=hex:30,00
    "SurfaceFormatReplacements"=hex:31,00
    "ShaderCache"=hex:32,00
    "PowerState"=hex:30,00
    "TurboSync"=hex:31,00
    "AntiStuttering"=hex:31,00

12. jLuca

jLuca Guest

GPU:
    R7 260X 1GB
    There is a key, "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable"=hex, that contains the power play tables, it defines the power limit %, the power states (clock voltage and memory voltage). It would be nice if you can add that to the program, it can bypass flashing a new bios ^^

Dr451 likes this.
  13. kawaiikage

kawaiikage Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7730m
    Hi,

I'm kinda new to this so have little to no idea on how to use the settings in RadeonMod.
    There are these settings for nvidia Inspector which I'd like to use in my AMD GPU.

i[dot]imgur[dot]com/vwCV4pU[dot]png
    (can't post links sorry, just replace the [dot] with .)

I tried tweaking some using the description they have. but the results are not similar to the ones expected. Can someone help me with this please?

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Updated to 1.0.16

Rambo likes this.
  15. rwx

rwx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970
    Hey,

Profiles doesn't seem to work.

16. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Do "UMD -> TurboSync & AntiStuttering". values work with older GPUs? BTW. that values are visable only with "show real names" enabled.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  17. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    found PP_ODNFeatureEnable

allows you to enable/disable wattman/overdriveN support by setting the hex value to 1 or 0

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    What part doesn't work?

They should do. OnnA should have more details.

Already added for next release. Thanks.

19. rwx

rwx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970
    I created a default profile with all settings set to their default values and another with e.g. flip queue size set to 1. If I load the other profile and later the default profile, it won't set flip queue size back to its default. Am I doing something wrong?

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It's working for me. Are you right clicking the profile -> Load and then restarting driver?