Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Edit:

Reproduced that, it is indeed a bug on curve editor side. It will be fixed in the next version, thanks for reporting.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. Also I was hoping the final version would support GPU under-volting the same way it supports over-volting. The slider would go to negative numbers, not allowing Boost 3 to use higher voltage bins.

It's not implemented yet or it's because of Boost 3/driver/Nvidia limitation?

3. Unwinder

GPU Boost 3 doesn't provide such functionality.

4. reb0rn

reb0rn Member

GPU:
    2x MSI gaming x 1070
    With more then one 1070 cards per sistem, if I want to have undervolt and desired frequency I must use curve editor for each card alone (adjust and lock), even all five are the same, the curve editor apply just to one card and must be saved in 5 profiles if there is 5 cards

Would be nice to have easy method to set desired frequency and voltage out of the curve editor for 10xx cards or the manual way to input it and apply to all same cards in the sistem

5. Unwinder

It is by design. V/F curve is unique for each GPU because it depends on each GPU leakage level (aka ASIC Quality in other tools). So curves are not and will not be synchronized by design and must be adjusted for each GPU independently. But if you're using traditional clock offset slider, it is sync'ed across the GPUs.

6. reb0rn

reb0rn Member

GPU:
    2x MSI gaming x 1070
    I expected something like that...

If I want let say 0.92v and 1900Mhz depending on card power limit I need to set power limit to 69% and offset slider to +230 (depending on bios clock)
    then if GPU usage is very low card will boost way over 1900 and PC will crash

With V/F curve this can be fixed with ctrl+L with a disared voltage and moving graph to disared freq

I know all is offset which is shame, I am more for constant values, expecially in my mining rigs

7. reb0rn

reb0rn Member

GPU:
    2x MSI gaming x 1070
    Could it be possible to add max boost slider for Nvidia 10xx cards as they sometimes boost (boost 3.0) way over targeted offset (low GPU usage or low temp) and crash the cuda application or game?

I am using power limit as mean to undervolt also as there is no usual voltage slider

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Here's an idea: add an option of sound notification when a screenshot is taken. Would help when you're taking a screenshot with OSD turned off and not really sure if it worked.

9. XxXkodiakXxX

XxXkodiakXxX Guest

love msi ab. appreciate the effort you put into it.

there wasn't a possible ideas thread for rivatuner but its somewhat releated to msi.

i would love to see an option to change color palette when show own statistics is checked in rivatuner. that way its easier to distinguish at a glance.

10. nvmd

nvmd Member

GPU:
    GTX 860M
    Since I use the program mainly for basic benchmarking, and on a laptop, I have 3 suggestions regarding monitoring and logging ( not a native english speaker, so bear with me ):

HM = Hardware Monitor window
    OSD =On-Screen Display

* Make so HM and Logging works like OSD
    Currently, you can select which monitoring graphs you want to show on HM, OSD, and Logitech keyboard display. But there's no addressing of problems like:
    -> Ties up OSD, HM, and Logs together;
    -> HM becomes useless if you don't have 2+ screens, or don't care about looking at the stats at real time, or own a MUXless ( Nvidia Optimus/ AMD Hybrid ) laptop, and alt-tabbing messes up with your logging statistics because the driver switches video context from your dGPU to iGPU, putting the former in idle state;
    -> Unnecessary waste of resources to keep HM up and updating;

My solution to this would be something like this
    [​IMG]
    (Erased show in tray icon and logitech keyboard just to simplify the paint editing )

In this version, you can choose what's relevant for the HM, OSD and Log separately. HM would remain without a enable/disable checkbox. Instead of it, this would be done redundantly, with an enabled state consisting of any graph having its Show in HM checkbox enabled. Disable/enable logging checkbox would remain as it is.

* Makes so Logging enable/disable works like Profiles
    Upon enabling logging, give us an option to start/stop it with hotkeys, or automatically enabling it when a 3D process starts, and disable it when the process stops, just like AB handles profiles.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016

11. nvmd

nvmd Member

GPU:
    GTX 860M
    Does anyone still read this thread?

12. Unwinder

I do. And reply to everything I find important.

13. nvmd

nvmd Member

GPU:
    GTX 860M
    Oh. Just checking..

14. acroig

acroig Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti - 6GB VRAM
    Unwinder, happy 2017 and thanks for your awesome software. In 2015 someone asked if you could look into supporting the Logitech Arx software and I was hoping that maybe this year you would reconsider supporting the app. Many thanks.

15. nixon

nixon Member

GPU:
    GTX570
    would it be possible to add more settings for nvenc like these ones?

[​IMG]

16. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    is it possible to "replicate" less or more the amd wattman separate clock for every performance state?

17. Unwinder

Nope, AB will control clock for the maximum performance state only.

18. bn880

bn880 Guest

GPU:
    -
    Any chance for an option to prevent underclocking caused by VBIOS based on GPU usage? Happens a lot in a sim like DCS, when GPU usage can fall to 30% or less often and the Freq then reverts to say 1500 or 1800 on a GTX 1080.

It's highly annoying as there is barely any workaround that I know of. In the past I have used custom VBIOS on some GPU's to overcome this adaptive clocking based on usage.

19. reb0rn

reb0rn Member

GPU:
    2x MSI gaming x 1070
    We need more control, fixed overclock/voltage no offset bull**** etc, NV is leaking info only to unwinder and he do what he is told he can and how far!!!!!

Sorry to say but its like that, for NV we have only one tool, rest is copy/paste crap!

I have 27 GTX1070 and its pain in the ass to set up all of them for different use and workload using CUDA!

+ NV twats encrypted bios so can`t edit it

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  20. Unwinder

That's one of the stupidest posts I've seen in this forum during the last months. Avoid posting things like that here please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.