who will be getting the gtx 780 ti

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by RPGgamesplayer, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Poison

Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 12gb
    i can wait for 880 or 1000 gtx cause im flat broke.:hbd:

2. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I am waiting for Mr. Hilbert's review but I am 90% sure I will get one:infinity:
    . Was waiting to upgrade for half a year already.

3. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    It has to be a beast to match or surpass AMD's R9 290x performance.
    Nvidia announced the 780ti as their new high end card and now thanks to the Galaxytech GeForce GTX 780 Ti Spec Sheet Leak,
    we now know that It is a full GK110 GPU but with only 3gb instead of 6gb being priced at roughly $700.
    Even though Nvidia is passing it to us as their new flagship gpu,we all know from the past that TI gpu's where never the high end cards of their respective series.
    For example the 500 series gpu's has the 560ti, 600 series has the 660ti and now the 700 series has the 780 ti.
    What i am trying to say is that i am pretty sure Nvidia has another 700 series gpu up their sleeves before Maxwell.
    With the GTX 780ti being priced at $700 and with only 3gb of vram, that leaves Nvidia another gap to fill.

Their new $1000 TITAN GPU. and i am pretty sure that there will be one.

4. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Well rumour now is NV is also doing special edition 780 Ti

6GB an 12GB VRAM special edition in black

Unlimited TDP basically similar to uber mode for 290x

http://***************/47530/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-also-special-edition

5. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
  6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ^I smell the Ultra moniker making a comeback.

7. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    Had to put a space for the .com in order for you guys to see the link

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  8. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    First time i am hearing this,
    I am pretty sure that it is true and not just a rumor.
    How else are they going to get that $1000 price tag back they charged for the Titans.

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    gigabyte are doing a Ghz edition, released in 1 week, after that i'll believe anything, I had a 780 classified in my virtual hands last night but I dropped it, still not quite got over that ..
    I'd take a vanilla 780 ti over it though, I'd even first adopt one. :nerd:

10. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    My GTX 780s are EVGA, so I'll be looking into the step up programme options. Whether or not I replace them depends on:

1) Do they offer significantly more performance? I've got an overclock that gives a 20-25% performance increase, so the Ti would have to at least match that at stock for me to consider. Having said that, going by the specs, I expect the Ti to give quite a big performance boost. However, it's overclocking potential will probably be limited by the extra cores enabled.

2) What will the actual cost be? If they come out at £500 or so, it's not too much to upgrade (depending on performance). Beyond that, it'll start getting a bit much. Certainly, if they're in the £800+ range I'll be opting out.

3) When will they actually be available? Isn't the next generation due at the start of next year? I think I remember somewhere stating that after the official release, it'll be a month before they are available to purchase. That's already putting it into December.

At the end of the day, will I get any benefit for the games I intend to play? Everything's either running smoothly enough or I'd actually need GPUs with at least 1.5 times the performance to notice the difference - in theory the next generation.

11. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Honestly Pete J i see no reason for you to upgrade,it will be a waste of money.

You are already running 3 GTX 780's at 1113/7000MHz and like you said that overclock gives you a 20-25% performance increase over stock clocks.
    Aside from that you have more than enough GPU power to get you by until Maxwell.
    It is your money, i am not going to tell you what to do with it but it will be a wise choice to stick with what you got until Maxwell

12. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    My next card is going to be a dual/single pcb card since the last several other cards was dual/single pcb and been prettie good about it, I am going to wait for a dual version of the r9 series/maxwell or dual 780 or even the ti version IF it will ever will come out, I am going to wait for another dual card, screw the single card, LOL.

but mostly waiting on maxwell at this moment, but judging on the specs of the 780ti, seems like this will be a clear winner, but the downfall is twice the vram has been taken out compared to the normal titan.

Damn after all theses years of technology advancement, nvidia or amd/ati still have not figured out a way to stack the vram together while using cfx/sli mode, I am very surprised, at least the ati now can use without the bridge connector, so I hope this time around, vram can stack, brand new technology, but I dont see it happening.

13. Rugburn

Rugburn Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3
    Nvidia's Volta (after Maxwell) will have stacked DRAM.

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    That's stacked VRAM chips, not combined VRAM (instead of mirrored).

@A M D Bugbear: Combined VRAM in SLi / CF is not going to happen until you have a bus between the cards that allows the huge bandwidth VRAM needs. This also means that with more cards, 3 or 4, you'll need 2-3 times the bandwidth so it becomes more and more impossible currently.

15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Its the dram with the gpu on the same silicon substrate, I am talking about stacking the vram with other video card, so 2 3gb cards in sli = 6gb of available vram and not mirrored/shared.

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

And some people say that using sli cuts the vram a bit, no it does not, if you clearly look on msi afterburner program and its vram usage, lets say a game your playing using both gpus 100% and vram @ 1gb of vram, take the sli option off and play it with single gpu, guess what, still 1gb of vram is being used.

So in otherwords, if a single gpu on a game lets say uses 1gb, does this mean 500mb of vram per gpu if sli? No it does not, it uses the same vram usage, if people dont believe me, re-observe the vram usage with single gpu and sli turned on, check vram, identical vram usage.

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Don't feel bad the GTX 780 is an amazing card, and with the price drop I was able to pick up another ASUS GTX 780 for SLI for $499 USD and 3 free games.

18. ceesay

ceesay Master Guru

GPU:
    2-X Titan X (Pascal) -SLI
    same to u..lol

19. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    That's exactly my thinking, though there's always part of me (and many of us I think!) that hates knowing I could have a little more performance.

I'm finding the 3GB VRAM almost becoming a limiting factor, so unless the Ti comes with more than that for a sensible price, there's no point. You can guarantee the Black edition will cost a small country.

20. GPU

GPU Guest

http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=2050857
    4k using 5.2 gb of vram:wanker::mad: