PC gaming market actually grew 8 percent in 2012

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    A study from the PC Gaming Alliance, the PC gaming market saw an overall growth of 8 percent in 2012 to a market value of $20 billion. Interestingly, despite various claims that PC gaming is dead, the...

PC gaming market actually grew 8 percent in 2012

2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    It's all League Of Legends players heh.

3. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    Good to hear. I think people who say PCs will be obsolete soon are being silly.

4. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    PC gaming can't become obsolete as long as all the games are made on PC , if they will find another way to make games then maybe , i think that the PC gaming still has a long way to go.

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    This just says it all. Frack the nay sayers.

6. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Desktop PC, tower-setup, does not and NEVER will have

an alternative. Laptop-styled comp will NEVER become a true replacement for it - huge capacity hard drives or/and SSDs, unlimited number of internal and external devices have their full meaning only in so-called home environment where traditional desktop PC is a GOD.

On-the-go solutions, like ''cloud storage'' and other services were never, are not and never will be reliable - the only real resources that you can rely upon is what you have ''locally'', inside the chassis of your desktop PC.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Laptops won't be a replacement, but they're the best alternative, bigger laptops you're oft talking 2 hard drives, plus a mini pci-e SSD slot as well now, and the more expensive ones are upgradable, just within certain constraints, certainly far more expensive and never going to quite reach the same speeds as a similarly priced desktop pc.

8. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Why won't you die already ?:wanker:

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I see that gaming is more and more becoming a part of the normal everyday society. That's the big reason right now! It's becoming "cool" to be considered a gamer, and that's growing just about every year. PC hardware is finally starting to become cheaper, a bit easier to understand and use, and you're able to get PC parts easily just about anywhere now. Other than that, you have the social sites releasing games that require a PC, you have all these F2P games where people will play with or without paying for extra content, and there is finally hardware that is cost effective enough to keep for awhile.

10. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    I doubt most of the sales were AAA or AA Titles more like Shovelware all game markets are satuarated with this trash of late but its cheap so it sells

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Might pick up a ps3 to celebrate. Im serious...i'll do it, and theres nothing you can do sto....:pc1: mmmmm dooowwwnsampling nom nom nom must overclock more

12. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    If mortal kombat 9 comes to PC i dont need console anymore.

13. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    While its nice to get a bit of acknowledgement coming from the PC Gaming Alliance is completely worthless they do absolutely nothing but charge their members large yearly fees and make statements like this where exactly did they get their sales figures from steam? I highly doubt it. The whole report reads more like a sales pitch join the pc gaming alliance today and you too can do nothing at all while we laugh all the way to the bank http://pcgamingalliance.org/press/entry/pc-gaming-alliance-releases-two-member-exclusive-reports it no wonder really why a whole heap of them left awhile back why waste money on a useless organisation

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    So like... PC gaming is dead...

ಠ◡ಠ

15. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    This.