Lag and stuttering when i playing at 30 fps

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by elpollodiablo31, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Radeon pro has been made pretty much obsolete with wddm 2.2

2. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    storport.sys isn't USB, it is ms storage driver.

So try to fix all related to your ssd or? virtual drives?

3. elpollodiablo31

elpollodiablo31 Member

GPU:
    None
    I have tried some things that you have told me. Thanks for the advice. I have discovered for example that in gta v with the option of double-vsync and external shelling at 30 fps are already 30 fps real.

So I think the right choice is double-vsync. This only works with the radeon pro and does not work well on windows 10. So I will have to bug me for now.

Next week I get a gtx 960 for another used pc and I'll try for myself again if that's it.

4. Gregorez

Gregorez Guest

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    I just noticed similiar problem with DarkSouls 3.
    If i stand in place and slowly rotate camera all is fluid as i locked game FPS with Afterburner on 30FPS (30 fps in DS3 is really fluid) then i continue to spin camera and after some time FPS stills shows 30 but stutter like 15FPS hell. After few spins all is normal for few seconds and again stutter.

Belive me i tried almost everything but only thing that helps is play in window mode. Full screen always gives me those stutter in DS3.

This maybe crossfire related (will check fullscreen with cfx disabled)

Anyone noticed something like it?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017

5. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Actually, with radeonpro it is. Lets not pretend like all the time you spent as a kid enjoying 30fps is invalidated because expectations grow with time.