ATI Catalyst 12.10 Legacy Performance Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Nov 3, 2012.

1. MichaelT

MichaelT Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 970m 3GB
    Any chance for Windows 8 x64?

2. antheus

antheus New Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 2600
    None of the download links work :(

3. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    I did not create one for Windows 8 64 bit because I am still working on the Windows 7 64 bit version.

4. MaxiM

MaxiM Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7870
    Thanks, gonna give'm a whirl today ;]

EDIT: So far so good. GJ.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012

5. far-cough

far-cough Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7990 6GB
    hi dell have you finished the x64 bit driver win 7 yet??

6. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Not yet, still working on it along with 12.11 32bit beta 7 drivers

7. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    plz make for win 7 32 bit hd 4800 ^^
    and for win 8 did those driver support wddm 2 dxgi 1.2 mean new features added win 8 dx 11.1

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  8. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    sorry these drivers does not support wddm 1.2, it only supports 1.1. But I will look into to it. Thanks

9. DigitalMind

DigitalMind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6870 Elite 1GB
    works great on windows 7 x64! awesome performance on battlefield 3 and crysis 2! nice job dellon132

10. MaxiM

MaxiM Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7870
    Unfortunately, I had to revert to modded 12.6 drivers. This one is way too unstable (crashes all the time) and something was wrong with applications that use OpenGL. Also, Movie Maker stopped displaying/recognizing videos.

11. BAZOKA1942

BAZOKA1942 Member Guru

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390
    i figured out the crash reason from opencl just uninstall it and software run without any problem and if you need opencl just uninstall it and download old version for legacy cards and all work fine

12. JustWind

JustWind Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD4870x2
    Windows 7 64bit, iam on hd4870x2, drivers installed perfectrly, everything looks good, furmark works, but cant start any game, just press on game and nothing happens, some games black screen... how to fix it?

13. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    I really wish AMD would release something for 4K series owners. Farcry 3 on 4870x2 is running like treacle whereas Farcry 2 runs like the shiznits.

It's long overdue...

There are outstanding bugs and issues with 12.6 aswell. They are now severely out of date in several top titles being as they are ultimately needed for multi gpu setups where caps alone will just not suffice !

14. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    kevsamiga1974, I was trying something that I would like to share with U..

when ever we put a .dll file in the executable program's folder then the application uses the .dll that is in the folder and not that is present in the System32/Syswow64 folder right. ??

so I tried to put the latest 'atiumdag.dll' which is said to be the main Direct3D driver file in the AMD provided catalyst driver package, i.e I put the original 12.11 Beta 11 'atiumdag.dll' in the game's executable directory to see what happens.. and the conclusion was that,, all the games which supported Dx10 /Dx 11 mode were running when the file was put in the executable's folder and all the games which used DirectX 9 mode were not running when the file was put there..!!

I did some reserch and found out that games generally call the d3d9.dll through the driver 'atiumdag.dll' to start, and as because AMD has cut out the coding portion where this calling process takes place, so those games are not starting at all,,, where as Games like MAX PAYNE 3 / NFS MW2 / SLEEPING DOGS / can run by directly calling the d3d10.dll hence bypassing the d3d9.dll call, so these games are using the new actual atiumdag.dll file to start and process according the new driver file..

So :

Games that DID NOT run when i used the New atiumdag.dll (ver 9.14.10.0942 (12.11 Beta 11) )

Prototype 2
    Singularity
    I am alive
    COD Black Ops
    Dark sider2
    NFS Shift

And all of the them have one thing in comman i.e d3d9.dll call through the atiumdag.dll

And Games that ran when i used the New atiumdag.dll (ver 9.14.10.0942 (12.11 Beta 11) )

Max Payne 3
    Sleeping Dogs
    NFS MW 2

and I did some bench marks in sleeping dogs :

atiumdag.dll (12.6WHQL ) - - Avg FPS - 31.6 -- Max FPS - 66.6 -- Min FPS - 18

atiumdag.dll (My 12.10 WHQL Modded) --Avg FPS - 32.7 -- Max FPS - 71.1 -- Min FPS - 18.2

atiumdag.dll (12.10 Modded by dellon132) --Avg FPS - 32.9 -- Max FPS - 71.9 -- Min FPS - 18.5

atiumdag.dll (12.11 Beta 11 Original) -- Avg FPS - 33.2 -- Max FPS - 79.7 -- Min FPS - 18.9

So U can try this on the new games.. as because I haven't got any new games in these past few days so I was not able to test it on my Old HD 4650.. It might work and even change the performance on yr GPU.. :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  15. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Thanks, that sounds about right atiumdag is for DX9, and atidxx is for DX10/11. Since FC3 falls back to DX9 anyway as no DX11 hardware being as it's DX10.1 card I need to try this out. Not sure whether aticfx being a multigpu card is necessary to reap the benefits of the "recent" FC3 improvements as well, guess I will just have to try.

I'll give the 12.11 atiumdag.dll folder injection after expanding it a try in FarCry 3's folder and see what happens since I have the latest 12.11 CAP 2 applicable for the game as well.

I'll come back on the thread with findings and test using fraps.

EDIT: No go I'm afraid, FC3 isn't a title that works using this method, just hangs and won't start. Damn....

Curse you AMD for purposely removing dx9 calling code. I'm sat wondering however if only and only the aticfx32/64 files can be "doctored" and made to work on 4K, at least then multigpu cards may reap the x-fire benefits.

They seem to have grown in size significantly since last drivers.

Might take a look with IDA/ollydbg although 68xxx assembly is my skillset not x86 unfortunately, so i'm already out of my depth with it to begin with.

Maybe if AMD went and dished out some proper legacy bread, we wouldn't have to survive on crumbs and having to hack around. :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012

16. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm... when you use my drivers multi gpu support does not work for you? I am asking because I don't have a system that supports multi Gpu support. Plz test and report back if it does not.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  17. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Please answer these questions.

What version of windows 7 64bit are you using?

Do you have the latest version of direcx installed?
    Ignore this if your certain that you installed the latest version of directx

When you installed the driver did aero get enable?
    Ignore this question if Aero works for you

Did you install opencl when installing this driver?
    if so uninstall it and test the driver

18. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    somebody just needs to lock this thread before these noobs cost someone a GPU nobody in this thread has a clue what there really doing and are blindly copy and pasting files ..... dear god i pitty anyone stupid enough to install this **** seriously the 4x series is almost 5 years old its time to upgrade like it or not you are not gonna get any support for something that old official or otherwise
    you go mucking around copying and pasting files and editing inf files with notepad you are gonna end up breaking something

:bang:

19. ankinferno

ankinferno Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 840M
    Its our GPU let us do whatever we want with that.

you are having a 6870 so shut up and dont go on putting your nose everywhere.
    and for god sake, get the dumb a** F*** out of here Understand. :finger: a** H****...

20. Cipao

Cipao Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon
    Do these drivers work on ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 and Windows 8 x64?