Highly dissapointed at Noctua and the community at overclock and evga forums.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gavros777, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gavros777

gavros777 Member

GPU:
    560 gtx
    Highly disappointed at Noctua and the community at overclock and evga forums.

After reading all kind of great reviews on Noctua's coolers and their great customer service i decided to buy an nh d15 cooler. The cooler was great and everything was awesome until i decided to put a 3rd fan and needed an extra steel clip set. I was told by the d14 owners that all i had to do was email noctua and they'll send me one for free as they don't sell them and that's the only way of getting them. When i did it i was to find out that Noctua discriminates between d14 and d15 owners denying the d15 owners any way of obtaining a 3rd steel clip set. They also lied to me by telling me they don't have any additional clips nor they willing to make any. I exposed this lie and caught them red handed when through a different email i contact them and told them i was robbed from my steel clips and needed a replacement. Then they were very willing to send me some steel clips and all of a sudden they had additional clips available. When i posted their emails at overclock forum to make all d15 owners aware of this and force Noctua to start treating the d14 and d15 owners equally fair and honest, at overclock forum i was threatened probably by noctua's agents and my thread got removed within minutes and at evga forum almost everybody sided up with noctua and was flamed cause i had to lie back. At least at evga forum some were honest to say that they're biased towards businesses. I thought online forums were for the people first and lastly about corporations, well i was wrong.

Here's the link to the evga thread where you can view my conversation with noctua and the replies i got from business's employees posting as regular people.
    http://forums.evga.com/Noctuas-agen...minutes-from-overclocknet-forum-m2195517.aspx

Here's a screenshot of my thread that was removed at overclock forum. I had to upload it to mediafire as on photobucket it was showing up too small.
    https://www.mediafire.com/?5q634wiajesr8ms

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I don't see anything wrong with how you were treated. If you wanted to use 3 fans then buy the D14. They clearly state on their website that 3 fans on the D15 doesn't yield any better cooling performance and just creates more noise.

3. gavros777

gavros777 Member

GPU:
    560 gtx
    how about that they lied to me that they don't have any additional clips and that they will never make them? is it normal for you to being lied to from a reputable company?
    also them claiming adding a 3rd fan on a d15 doesn't yield better performance that's another lie right there and the d14 is there to prove that.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    They didn't lie. They told you they didn't have any for the D15. The clips they sent you are for the D14 that just happen to also fit the D15

5. gavros777

gavros777 Member

GPU:
    560 gtx
    well now you're lying, where did you read them saying that they're sending me d14 clips?

"Noctua support"
    Dear customer,

thank you very much for contacting us.

The fans, NF-A15 PWM, can be bought at your local dealer. The fan clips can be ordered via us. Therefor I simply need a copy of the purchase invoice of your cooler and your shipping address.
    As soon as I receive those datas I will gladly send you the needed fan clips free of charge.
    Kind regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
    Fr./Mrs. Michaela Pfeifer
    Noctua support team

i don't see the d14 being mentioned anywhere there!

why you too going out of your way to defend noctua?

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    What aren't you understanding?

7. kaingr

kaingr Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    i think noctua got drunk of all the praise from d14 and the nff12s.I bet now there are coolers that are better than d14,maybe 15s as for fans there are a tremendous variety of silent with great sp or cfm and there cheaper also plus better looking

8. kaingr

kaingr Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte waterforce 1080
    btw kala na patheis giati eisai olumpiakos ;-p

9. gavros777

gavros777 Member

GPU:
    560 gtx
    i don't understand why you had to lie to defend noctua, nowhere they said they're sending me d14 clips and they said they don't have any additional d15 clips which was a lie.

now you smartly try to deviate from this part of our conversation and move on to the discrimination part where noctua denies to d15 owners what they offer to the d14 owners(making this discrimination official too by putting it in their faq, in america this is considered unethical and companies who are unethical are subject of losing their license to do business)

10. gavros777

gavros777 Member

GPU:
    560 gtx
    if that was the reason i would have no complaints hahaha!

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Is there something seriously wrong with you? Read your thread at EVGA forums.
    this doesn't mean that they don't have any period. this means they won't give you more than you already have because they don't support doing that.

Even if they are the same clips, they are under no obligation to send you extras since it is their business decision not to. Quit acting like an entitled baby.

If I were Noctua I would be sending you a bill for the clips that you lied to get +shipping costs. They don't need anymore proof that you scammed them other than looking in these forums.

12. gavros777

gavros777 Member

GPU:
    560 gtx
    how much noctua pays you?

here let me put it more to your face

"Noctua lied and discriminates their own customers and they got caught red handed!"

It hurts to see your company exposed doesn't it.

By the way sorry for aggravating you cause i caught you red handed too lying to defend a shady company!

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Looks to me like everyone on the EVGA forum was trying to be nice....

I'm inclined to agree with nhlkoho here.

There was no discrimination. The FAQ clearly states that they won't provide additional clips for the purpose of mounting a 3rd fan, which is well within their rights. It would only be discrimination if they refused to send additional clips to certain people but not others. You bought a product designed to only use 2 fans and not 3. Deal with it.

nhlkoho doesn't work for Noctua.... But apparently you think anyone that doesn't side with you, works for them.

14. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    He is not lying just made a slight mistake. They said to you if it is not compatible then it is not compatible. I do not know what more you want from them. To me they are willing to send you the replacement parts. Also CS treated you fairly. To me you tried to con them.

15. gavros777

gavros777 Member

GPU:
    560 gtx
    Ok guys next time you get discriminated and lied to from a very reputable company come complain here so i can tell you how good you were treated by the company you gave them your money and that it's you the con and the scammer etc etc.

I'm sure that will make you feel so much better, lol!

peace i'm out and done talking with shills.

16. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified

Reading comprehension doesn't appear to be your strong suit... they clearly state what they do and do not support. Get over it.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Most of us have pretty reasonable expectations of the companies we buy from. We also don't expect them to send us free stuff.

I get all my ram from G.Skill because I've gotten exceptional service from them. I buy most of my motherboards from ASRock because they've gone out of their way to help me every time I've had even the slightest issue. Most of my graphics cards have been from eVGA and MSI. When I feel a company is trying to screw me over, I stop buying their products. I don't go starting threads attacking the company. If we all started a thread every time we felt we were getting screwed over by a company, that's all this forum would be. You, on the other hand, just seem to have a very strong sense of entitlement and seemingly feel the need to flaunt it. You even seem proud to have defrauded a company with a very good reputation for customer service because they didn't make an exception for you.

18. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    With this kind of immaturity, I wonder how some people remain polite. I see nothing done bad by Noctua. I'd suggest you stick with what they suggest in that a third fan has no gain.

The only thing I see to gain here is aesthetics but that would be personal preference then.

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I tried three fans on my d14 a while back and it made zero difference.
    just sayin.

20. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Dumb thread is dumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.