If you still have a legacy card, try these.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kevsamiga1974, Nov 7, 2012.

1. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Well you are welcome to use Win8...I just don't want to use Windows 8, period.

There is exactly one driver available for 4870x2 for Windows 8 where the clocks are still broken at boot using MultiGPU legacy cards and you are completely stuck going forwards or backwards with it.

I even have Windows 8 x64 ISO's although god knows what for..To me it's just a marketing gimmicked over-hyped turkey. I just don't want to use it/install it because if you are happy with what you have and it does everything that Windows 8 does already, why change ?!?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  2. Keepcool

Keepcool Guest

GPU:
    4870 512mb CFx
    For some reason this update seen to me less smooth than the initial release
    also got A BSOD... atimag...thing.sys, didn't have time to check exactly what kind of error was it. but this happen once in a while.

The GPU utilization is a little high than before (ME3) and the temp too.
    I'll test it for a couple of days more
    Thinking to going back to 11.12....
    Thanks.

3. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Well...infact nothing has really changed apart from DXVA, OpenGL fixes, latest caps, otherwise the same core files as R1 identical, so I don't know where the source of these problems/differences are originating from.

I just updated it to get rid of green video DXVA based on reports, the Kernal/2D/3D components are exactly the same as R1. So I don't know what else to suggest other than maybe try a clean install because functionally it's otherwise identical.

I've left the 1st release of 11.12 Hybrid intact for people who didn't have green screen DXVA, but the 12.6 Reloaded old versions have now all gone apart from the most recent ( too many files on mediafire server taking up space )

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  4. Keepcool

Keepcool Guest

GPU:
    4870 512mb CFx
    Hello Kev...

Went back to 11.12 first release... smooth as butter.
    Got second BSOD with this one.
    For some reason my set-up doesn't like the new up-date.
    Thanks thought...

quote: "clean install"
    always do (TwL cleaner + Driver fusion safe mode)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

5. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Try the 12.11 modded beta.

6. Keepcool

Keepcool Guest

GPU:
    4870 512mb CFx
    I don't want to, mess with "Test-Mode "
    Thanks

7. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    *Sigh*

ok :D

8. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    I don't want to mess with test mode either.......... :eek:c: :bang: :backfire:

The last time I messed with test mode on a TFT it blew up.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  9. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Ok, it's time for HYBRID 11.12r3 to tie up some loose ends.

Save for any awful show stopping issues, I think this will be the last of my 11.12 Hybrid driver for legacy cards for some time. Nothing more to do... :)

HYBRID 11.12r3

- User created game profiles were not working in last releases for some users due to an accidental ommission - fixed.

- OpenGL system updated to 6.14.10.11774 inline with 12.6 reloaded.
    Photoshop CS6 Extended 64-bit OpenGL/OpenCL working for me (see 12.6 reloaded thread), cities in motion working, other games fixed that were broken since 10.4. Rage working brilliantly on these.

- HDMI audio device driver updated to 7.12.0.7712.

- AMD WMV media foundation decoders from 13.1. Edited ASIC include tables by Orca.

- maximum updates to workable legacy DX9 .904 (non beta .dll DiabloIII DX9 & skyrim DX9 fixes & DX10 .441 components whilst retaining the overall smoother crossfire performance of 11.12 over 12.6 and not the worse crossfire performance which 12.4+ WHQL introduced.

Which should give the maximum range of game performance and less problems on legacy cards without re-introducing any bugs like crossfire GPU accelerated IE/FF rendering.

Please test your benchmarks with this new concoction JC2 & BFBC2 and any other DX10 mode games especially. :)

- OpenCL updated to 938.2 and ATI cal's 1.4.1741 inline with 12.6 legacy reloaded.

- OpenGL crossfire profile's updated inline with 12.6 legacy's. Gpu caps viewer vertex displacement mapping fixed. Various crossfire profiles added.

- Any green screen DXVA/flash problems should be history with this version as well as 12.6 reloaded V7.

- GPU transcoding still fixed and no multigpu/crossfire clock bugs to worry about of course.

However I still use these as my main driver since they work the best for me, some may still prefer 12.6 Reloaded, depending whether you are using x-fire or not or what card/s you have, YMMV.

http://www.mediafire.com/?652b9oo2zgm6j6h

11.12 Hybrid r4

Should offer improved performance for DX10 before 7K changes adversely affected legacy cards, and WEI scores dropped post 12.3.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jxt6deq2anuazq6

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  10. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Hybrid 11.12 r5 - Final version Windows Vista/7 x64, my little project to create a better working driver for all us poor legacy owners is now completed in both the 11.12r5 Hybrid & 12.6 Legacy Reloaded V7.

I've spent far too much time researching and testing, countless hours since I began, so it's time to leave things on a high note whilst both drivers are working the way I want them and make no more changes...

I think you will find this new R5 version far more satisfying in all your games and benchmarks even over 12.6 or previous releases, with maximum game compatibility, better game performance and minimal bugs/issues.

This is probably as good as it gets on legacy without any serious bugs/performance degradation.

Your welcome to bench and test these R5's against all other drivers, because for me at least it seems I've hit upon the magic formula, therefore this will be the last release.
    Feedback still welcome how good they are working for you on legacy cards. But i'm now done and not changing a thing anymore, because they work, and they work very well. :)

- Increased 2D performance.

- Stable and robust, even in crossfire.

- Increased crossfire performance.

- Further increased DX10 performance over R4.

- Please use the caps included, and only these caps as they have been worked around for bugs/performance and tested to work best with these drivers only, any other later caps will drop performance because tweaks won't exist, and I suspect that later caps after 12.6 are not designed with legacy in mind anyway, at least the later OpenGL atiogl.xml crossfire profiles from newer drivers are broken in this case.

- Best OpenGL .11774 cinema4D and rage driver, and working apps like PS CS6, Cities in motion, Polynomial etc, and other stuff fixed that's been busted since oh Catalyst 10.4.

- No green DXVA/flash screens, perfect playback.

- No busted crossfire/multigpu clocks burning cards up at the desktop.

- Working Media transcoding CAL dll's .1741 (mediashow esspresso, a's video converter) and latest OpenCL 938.2 working.

- Working ATI tray tools, HW monitor sensors working properly.

- Firefox/IE9 h/w acceleration GPU rendering works. (even in crossfire)

- ATI HDMI audio device 7.12.0.7712

- AMD WMV media transcoders package updated to highest version and made to work.

- Working user profiles and all benefits from last versions included like updated OGL crossfire profiles, working gpucapsviewer vertex mapping fixed etc.

- No unstable CCC, delay on opening, missing items or stuck checkboxes, or missing or dissapearing overdrive tabs.

- Everything integrated and ready to run from a normal install, no driver signature enforcement issues, no incompatible .dll errors. Feature complete with included profiles and with superflous crap not applicable to legacy like SteadyVideo and AVT and crappy annoying startup services removed.

- AVIVO/Hydravision integrated and working.

- BFBC2 DX10 mode locked @ 60fps in crossfire, was 35 on downriver map with 12.6 default, and Just cause 2 DX10 benchmarks are registering their highest scores on this set. Just remember to turn off bloom in the config for BFBC2, the game is just as as busted on Nvidia cards using bloom as well.

- Skyrim & Diablo 3 bugs solved, Rage works great 18gb to download jesus but it's running good. Please test as many DX9/DX10 games as you can and report. Should even be higher in BF3 now without breaking DX10 framerate BFBC2 in the process. DX9 mode was always fine with no fps drop.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9x9cgefho2g5xcn

* Further to this, since Catalyst 13.1 for legacy cards has just been released, this project is now on hold till I figure out what's new. I was glad to keep you all alive in the dark months of nothing but crumbs...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013

11. mkflawless

mkflawless Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire ATI 4870
    I love you? <3 Going to install them in a min :]

Edit : Installed in less than 2 minuts, no problem encountered. I just need my new 4870 fan to arrive (mine is broken) so i can try this little baby in crossfire.

It works like a charm so far! You're the man! Should i get the las CCC from the 13.1 and install it? or is there a risk to somehow corrupt the whole thing?

12. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    I would leave it as it is for now, i'll probably re-integrate the new CCC into 11.12HB & 12.6 V7 them at some point (if it works without bugs that is, just lemme examine it cos I know what bugs to look for)

Leave it with me...

:Edit:

ok the updated CCC 13.1 drop in works by replacing into 12.6 Reloaded V7 without issue...

on 11.12 HB r5 it will break some things, because of the way they handled the user profiles getting changed from release to release.

13. mkflawless

mkflawless Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire ATI 4870
    Roger that!

I've been trying bf3, and i feel that the game is smoother with these 11.12v5. I'll keep testing and let you know if i encounter any problem with it.

Thanks! :)

14. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Mission accomplished I think on all fronts... :banana:

15. weah

weah Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5850 Toxic @1Ghz
    Could I install these on a 5850?
    I'm not so convinced with the 12.x series.

16. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Yes, you can install these drivers on a HD 5000 series card but they were only tested for the HD 4000 Series. However you can give it a try and see what happens...Report back if you decide to test them.

17. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    ^

It's not recommended as the new WMV codecs only have an ASIC profile for legacy cards because I was too lazy/tired...

And the behaviour of the changed components on 5K are unknowable YMMV.

18. mkflawless

mkflawless Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire ATI 4870
    Ok noted!

I'll just stick to the current CCC, everything is working correctly so far. I just can't wait to see what's coming next, we just get surprises everyday with you around!

As for inferno stopping his 4000 series performance patch, does this mean that there will be no more improvement from your side in a future driver? (if any is actually possible)?

I know i've been asking a lot for them since you've talked about trying to do something with his work, but i'm just really curious to know if such "incredible" bonus performance is actually possible, when we know how amazing your drivers already are! :kind:

19. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    I think you'll find your games and applications will now work the best all round with this package/set you have in your hands with the most compatibility/performance. I will try and fix problems if I encounter them with games, but I don't seem to have any problems for the moment.

And I haven't had one BSOD or crash or things misbehaving in months. It's funny how fixing a simple clock bug in 12.6 got me started into all this for so long. It's time I also left the building like ankinferno to focus on other stuff like wine, women and song and life in general, it's been a complete head mash forcing stuff to work and testing and figuring out how to kludge my way around stuff.

I don't want to change anything right now. It's the one i'm using satisfactorily performance and bugs squashed wise on my very own machines day in day out. Any changes introduced must get tested since i'm a perfectionist.

There isn't much more I can do now for legacy users save for re-coding the drivers. So you're left with 2 set's to play with, one for the latest available based upon 12.6 when nothing else will work, but with the bugs squashed, and this hybrid one, which seems to be better than later drivers that went pear shaped for legacy into the 12.x series.

There are no more suprises i'm afraid, because as things have shown recently, there is nothing "new" to play with. I got all excited today with the thoughts of modding a 13.1, until I realised that all of the critical components were actually older than my own drivers in some cases and completely unchanged from 12.6 !

Thankyou, and I bid you adieu my sentimental 4K friends.

20. mkflawless

mkflawless Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire ATI 4870
    Thank you for everything you did mate :kind: