AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA6 (13.250.18.0 October 24)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I knew it i should skip B3 :D

Thanks asder.

2. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Anyone notice an option to opt out of that Raptr crap? Not sure why it installed itself and on the second reboot:puke2:

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Choose Custom setup during the install and uncheck it

Just uninstall it like a normal program

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    It says before you install them that Express will install Raptr, and that if you don't want it, to do a custom install and de-select it.

5. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Always do a custom install but i guess i missed it, thanks

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I don't know why they didn't call it raptr tbh, i only found out which one it was by those changing game ads, as it came up in there, was the something app (forgot the full name now), and it was the one right at the bottom of the list. :)

7. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_290X/31.html

Why those screenshots report DX 11.2 support on Win7? Mysterious... Does that mean what the card can generally do? I mean, no matter on what OS you are... I thought the readings were current.

Also, are we sure that 11.2 will have a full feature level flag on DxDiag? I thought 11.1 would stay the latest level. I guess I was wrong on this. Anyone with an R card can confirm that he sees 11.2?

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Easily the best driver I have had in a few months now most added nothing new.

These Batman Arkham Origins my CPU usage has plummeted! Before at least four cores were being loaded by around 50-60% now only one core is being used and the game is even smoother than before.

I ran 8xMSAA and it was pretty smooth, outdoors was locked 60fps but when traversing the buildings at speed it did dip to around 45fps. I am now running the game with 0xAA and to my surprise it does not look bad at all. The only difference I can see is there is a few jaggies on batman's nose when zoomed in using the decryption device other than that its a smooth game.

Using an .ini tweak in GameEngine.ini changing PoolSize from 140 to 512 helped with stutter when going from one area to the next.

fps in game now is always above 60fps no matter what and generally around the 80-90fps mark.

9. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    For my 7790 this is the best driver. no problem so far. Tnnks!

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Not on Win7.

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Heaps improved.

12. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    I thought this hasn't been possible for a couple years now (due to bios signing/checks).

13. mtdew332

mtdew332 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
    Well It is now and has been for a few weeks.
    I edited both my 7950 "boost" bios's with overclocks and better fan profiles and lower voltages.
    I'm soooo glad to be rid of that crappy "boost" down-clocking under heavy load crap and having to adjust +20% or more to avoid it.
    Now I can just update my drivers and go.

Not a single issue since and I no longer have to play with OC'ing software which can be a real pain when constantly updating drivers also.

14. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    this driver is awesome.
    been playing batman all maxed out 8xaa everything enabled, BUTTER SMOOTH and thats with 2x 7950s.....

they really are working hard on the framepacing of new games ...... now all i need is dx11.2 support for when BF4 gets released and cod ghosts crossfire optimizations ect for both games, ;)

there also doing great with reducing cpu and giving your gpus more grunt ;)
    cant wait to see what this MANTLE is all about ;)

15. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    Hot damn! Brilliant news!

What's been changed to allow this to happen? Is getting rid of stupid PowerPlay possible?

16. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ok update, found a bug just played batman for a few hours maxed out aswell as BF3 all maxed out for 30 minutes no issues with 98/96% gpu usage.

but then i tried out CRYSIS 3 hunter edition from origin.

after the intro the game crashes almost instantly on the cut scene when the guy hands you the pistol for the first time, game freezes then crashes to desktop, with a error...

DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED

i checked eventviewer and all it shows is crysis3.exe crashed
    not sure what the issue is here, but if those other demanding games work and this does not then surely its a driver issue.

I even for ****s and giggles reduced my preoc settings from 1125/1425 to 1000/1375

and still crashed on that cut scene with the same error.

17. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    How are OpenGL applications behaving with this set?

18. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    This driver makes my screen flickering sometimes, as did the beta3

:/

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    MSI AB OSD is not working with these drivers, or at least I can't get it to enable the OSD ingame

Weirdly I can't change or assign a key for toggle or enable/disable OSD inside of ABs settings now either, although F9 is already set

EDIT - Got OSD working, but can't toggle it or enable / disable (Guess this should be in the MSIAB thread really)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  20. Veki(CRO)

Veki(CRO) Guest

GPU:
    VTX 7870 2GB+Accelero S1
    With BETA6 and BETA3 i got wierd grey lines all over the screen when i start video on Youtube,sometimes ALF+F4 helps but sometimes i must do hard(button) restart.
    Beside that problem with Youtube,Firefox window is weird,it has some bouncing.
    I tried fresh clean install of Firefox,disabling hardware acc. but i still have same problems.
    Youtube in Chrome works fine with BETA1,B3 and B6,games too.

I dont have that problem with 13.11 BETA1.

Sorry for my bad english :D