G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

1. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I've tried many mods and ended up sticking with SkyRealism ENB. It's excellent and runs great.

2. Corvo-Attano-77

Corvo-Attano-77 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    Unfortunately I can't actually use it because I play on a 5:4 monitor in "letterbox" mode (16:9) and the SkyRealism code gets confused about what my aspect ratio actually is (other ENBs, that use the regular code base by Boris, don't have this issue).

:(

3. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I know how to edit ENB, and every trick about lighting tweaks in general.

I was simply asking is there any ENB based mod that looks normal.

Based on screens this one looks the best. Author has a taste, and I'm not surprised when i saw other mods he has.

Still vibrant preset is too vibrant and many screens are destroyed with this horrible dof.

Problem with every Skyrim lighting mod is that when they change intensity and color of light - textures will look too vibrant or too bright. You also must tweak texture color. But that's too much job and will turn your mod into the texture/lighting mod.

4. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    If anyone is looking for a good ENB you should try Somber ENB. At the moment it's my favorite one.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Skyrim Enhanced Shaders FX is a Vanilla ENB.

6. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    I thought i would start another char for lol's because i was a bit bored with my current one.
    Realised its better to have a predetermined idea of what you want your toon to be....a jack of all trades toon is really boring as you dont have focus.
    I went a Nord and basically want to play him like a Bear Shaman in AoC....2hB weapon and healing abilities.....if only he could summon a Bear to fight along side :)

Turns out he is my only char now as i never created a seperate save for my old Dark Elf and all my saves got overwritten haha.

So bought Dragon born Expansion and got a whole lot of mods and stuff and am really enjoying this playthrough.

Some highlights so far....

1) Beating on a wizard, have him fall to his knees and beg for mercy then mid sentance Lydias arrow wizzes from stage left and takes him out....i actually loled for a while irl (wife thought i was crazy)

2) On top of a tower fighting a bandit....he starts saying "you will never take me!!'....mid sentence i fatality him and knock him off the tower....more out loud laughing from me...more "not amused" looks form the missus.

So yeah...really liking it this time round...plus since i upgraded the PC i can now enjoy all the texture mods etc that i stuggled with before.

7. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Nothing beats FUSRODAHing someone from a high point and watch him fall. Draugr Deathlords have the best gliding abilities btw xD

And those 'not amused looks' could a warning from your missus - you're simply not allowed to have more fun than her, you better make up for it ;)

8. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Most (or rather) all the ENB presets which looks good at first instance by adding a larger amount of visual impact, starts to fatigue the eyes when you are playing the game.

The best ENB presets are the ones which doesn't add loads of fancy stuff, because while playing a game your concentration to lock onto something in motion is what matters the most and the later just adds distraction (very bright and sparkly effects).

Rest of the fancy stuff is good for taking screen shots, because you can't portray a lot of information in a still screen(shot) when compared against the game when in motion. <- In this area, I applaud all the ENB presets which adds a lot of perceivable effects onscreen and you can show a lot of visuals in a single image.

Note: I come to prefer SkyRealism (Vibrant) ENB too, the game is pleasant enough to play and enjoy. *except when its bright afternoon in snowy regions, where I turn off the ENB with Shift+F12*

9. Corvo-Attano-77

Corvo-Attano-77 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560
    Does anyone know a good delevelling mod to make the world static, rather than levelling everything with the player?

10. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    I use Skyrim Redone, its adds a sort of Enemy Scaling modification to the game. (And I am not sure if this is what you need, but with the other modifications done by the mod..gameplay is more balanced on my system now)

Quote from Skyrim Redone Guide (changes done by Skyrim Redone modification); Link -> http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33995/?

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Wow thanks dude, i was kinda looking for that too.

edit: nvm, game crashes to desktop when launch the game.

edit2: Why is skyrimnexus so DAMN SLOW! :bang:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  12. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    Can anyone please tell me what you do when you need to update mods? (in my case i noticed my unoficial patches are way older than they should)

Im using nexus. Do i need to disable mod, then delete, then download same mod but newest version and then install it with nexus?

Or just download/install newest mod and overwrite everything? It sounds sketchy.

13. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    What I do.
    Download latest version.
    Deactivate current installed version.
    Activate latest version.
    Play game.
    If no issues, delete old version.

14. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    T.Y. for quick reply. i have to update like 30mods including patches. This weekend gonna be good.

Got a unique idea where i will use light armor+shield+ destruction spells and conjuration.
    And because i use some tough mods like SkyRE and few other mods, its gonna be cool :)

15. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    It's pretty simple to update using Nexus Mod Manager; at least I've never had any problems with it and I used it exclusively for my last 2 or 3 Skyrim playthroughs. :)

16. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
  17. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    I will finally be playing this game today. I know mods are a must; are there any obvious or total overhaul mods that are must installs? I don't want to piddle around forever installing mods, but I do want to get the most out of the experience.

I was thinking about just doing everything in this article:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  18. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    One overhaul mod that I love and highly recommend is SkyRe. It takes a bit to install but it's worth it.

19. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    Cool, I'll check it out. I'm leaning towards an overhaul mod of some kind just so it does more or less everything I need without tediously installing them one by one. I read about one called Requeim, and something called ENBs, so it seems like there's too many things out there.

Would one of these overhauls need any additional mods installed or would you say they do the trick?

Thanks!

20. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Sky-Re doesn't add new things like armor and that kind of stuff. It only changes stuff like weapons scaling, leveling, skills, etc. If you want new weapons and armor look at Immersive Armors and Immersive Weapons. These will need compatibility patches with Sky-Re though which you can get Here. If you're not looking to install many mods those should do you pretty well. Make use of the Nexus mod manager to simplify things.

If you want to improve the "consolefied" UI install SkyUI. If you want better textures and mesh polygons install Skyrim HD - 2K and SMIM.