Which manufacturer do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ..VeNoM.., May 9, 2012.

?

Which manufacturer

1. Gainward

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  2. Gigabyte

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. MSI

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Asus

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  5. EVGA

40 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. must_kill_ati

must_kill_ati Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    eVga. Go check out their forums, look at the issues reported, then look at response times from company employees.

2. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    I only listed the companies I could get from www.scan.co.uk a lot of praise for EVGA but I'm afraid I have chosen ASUS for my GTX 690 experience. I have ASUS products and had a motherboard DOA and was RMA'd through scan with a brand new board offered in place.

I hope I don't regret my choice and I'll keep you updated. Should be a nice upgrade from 2x GTX 260's :)

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    EVGA all day long. Totally worth the extra 10-20 bucks.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    evga
    bfg when they were around too

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    bfg(when they were there) evga msi and pny.

6. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    EVGA. Awesome warranty. I have owned 3 EVGA cards now. Geforce 4 Ti-4600, GTX 295 and now the replacement GTX 570.

I have had the GTX 295 since January of 2009. When it died this February after 3 years, I RMA'ed it to EVGA and they replaced it with a GTX 570 free of charge because of the lifetime warranty.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  7. orion24

orion24 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
    EVGA. I like the way these guys are working. They love high-tech, overclocking and quality designs. Had an 9800GTX from them, then steped-up to a GTX 280 and still using it. Now I'm thinking of their 580 Classified.

8. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    I'm currently using XFX, since they don't manufacture nvidia cards now I'll go with Asus or EVGA.

9. tepescovir

tepescovir Guest

GPU:
    3 way evga 580 3gb hydro
    i still consider evga the best, but they seem to be going downhill lately.
    They got rid of the lifetime warranty for a 10 year one which is still good.

But the new policy of limiting customers to 1 6 series video card per household, and then making it retrospective completely sucks as i bought a 680 for a customer, so i am no longer allowed to buy any for myself?
    they are still the best, but you cant buy from them anymore, just hope you can find an evga card from another retailer.

the step up program is a great feature, but only if you dont buy any of the higher end cards as only baseline reference cards qualify

10. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    I know way too many people who have had MSI and gigabyte cards and mobo's die far too early to actually ever buy one for myself! EVGA or ASUS for me!

11. errorrrr

errorrrr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    EVGA are the one usually have the most card choice available... but in several recent Nvidia design, EVGA has ALWAYS had its capacitor making a hissing noise...

So for the GTX 670 I'm going to give MSI a try.

Usually I just go with whichever has the quietest/coolest temp solution.

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Where is this policy outlined at?

13. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Lets hope that my upcoming Gainward GTX 690 wil last long for like 3 years :p

I never had Gainward, i had XFX in the past with a 8800 ultra, card died in about 2 years and after that i was going for MSI for graphics cards but that sucked as wel, when i had 2x gtx 560 ti in sli they make noice like a jumbo jet, so i changed them with a gtx 580 from gigabyte the soc edition [very silent], so lets hope and see what gainward is going to give me in terms of coolnis and sound on the gtx 690 :)

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  14. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    That policy is only if you buy from their website (and I assume is in place so that they don't run out of stock as quickly). Buy elsewhere and you get more than one.

also,

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?&m=1587095&mpage=1

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  15. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    A tie between eVGA and PNY, but since PNY isn't listed I choose eVGA

16. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I ordered MSI GTX 680 TwinFrozr III SLI from Techbuy in Australia. 2 weeks have passed and apparantly "the distributor has removed their ETA"???

I haven't seen them for sale anywhere else in Australia, so I guess MSI are stalling their Australian release? Damn annoying.

I used to buy ASUS cards but after my last ASUS mobo died after 8 months I've gone off them.

17. ..VeNoM..

..VeNoM.. Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 690
    Just so you guys know I went with the ASUS card. I'm a big ASUS fan even though I had a DOA R3E. I know I only get 2 years warranty with the card where you get 3 years with EVGA for the same price but I'm happy with my choice.

All we need now is new drivers to keep increasing the performance ;)