Tom Clancy's The Division

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 30, 2016.

1. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I can't believe I am asking this because I lost all faith in Ubisoft but..... how is the expansion?
    Is is just re-skinned areas and equipment? Are the "new" game mechanics just renamed and slightly changed?
    Is it still a tedious, repetitive boring grind fest after 5 hours? Is the new content engaging?

Back on the games launch, I hit level 30 and got bored within 10 hours because it was the exact same PvE missions and the PvP area was too small/tedious and extremely unbalanced.

2. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    After playing a few hours ( bought it friday ) I think the concept was exceptionally good, but it got ruined by people without imagination. It feels they created a game that would sell, not a game that feels right.

All in all, I think it would be a better game if it were a open world single player FPS ( bit like GTA V in FPS mode ). You just need some more story work and it'd be awesome.

Also no to bulletsponges, but I knew this so I'm to blame.

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    If anyone wants to group up for DZ/Incursions/... add me: Corrupt_be on UPlay.

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I liked The Division, but the lack of replayability and purpose to play pvp pve later on, made me turn away.

The early/mid-game were pretty awesome. But you don't feel any plans passed that. it's going nowhere

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    After a couple of months away I enjoyed coming back to HVT and Underground stuff, nice additions for a solo player like me, I posted some videos last night from testing my new RX 480 but guess I should post them here too:

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Totally agree, its very good. Wish there would be more reward for exploring.

So underground is more of a PvE expansion then? Might see if i can find a cheap season pass

7. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yeah the Underground is solely singleplayer or coop there's no PvP element that I'm aware of, you can do the easier missions solo but the tougher ones require a group, there's a separate rank for the Underground and when you reach level 20 I think it is you can do two stage operations and the higher the rank the more stages, I guess it will result in better rewards or something.

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
  9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    SplinterCell and GhostRecon gear sets have been released today. Unlock them in Uplay and get them at the Reward Vendor. They look great.

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Ouch. My advise is to use a mouse :p

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    LOL no thanks, can't stand gaming these days with keyboard/mouse! I usually don't suck so bad, one of those nights!

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Are you playing from the couch? Perhaps invest in a good wireless combo and something for on your lap?

Either way I'd never play a shooting oriented game with a controller. No matter how decent you are as a player, you're always hindered by your peripherals.

Video should be visible now, messed something up with the youtube settings :x

13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Woah, you are nutz. :eek:

I get headaches from your mouse movements yet when you aim at a head its all smooth & stable - do you switch sensitivity when you aim with right mouse or something?

Also, that AUG is amazing :p

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I never switch dpi. 800 DPI and 3% ingame, 2% zoom sens.

I would get headaches myself if I was playing on a 60Hz monitor :p

It's a Vector btw, with Brutal / Deadly / Fierce, prepatch, they haven't retroactively (the ones acquired pre patch) nerfed the SMG's so I'm still using the one from pre-patch and frankly will keep using it until I get a really good one with Fierce (which you really need imo to compensate the nerf from CHC to CHD).

CHC = Critical Hit Chance
    CHD = Critical Hit Damage

I prefer AUG's over Vector's but I had no choice in the matter, the talents it dropped with were just to good to pass up :p (I also vaguely remember thanking RNGesus for this gift).

The other gun is a G36 with Brutal / Destructive / Skilled. VS The harder NPC's it's actually great to have an AR with Destructive, does like 40+ % of armor damage that way.

Just finished my first solo Heroic Underground mission, but that video is gonna take some work as, frankly, it's a 46 minute video of overtly cautious play vs level 35 enemies :x

FYI if people want to game from the couch with a mouse, look into the Logitech G900. Even I was skeptical at first, but its wireless performance is no joke. Bit expensive though.

EDIT: Heroic solo is encoding, will let it upload when I sleep.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  15. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I want to go with Sentry's Call gear set but three of the pieces can only be found in Incursions which really sucks as it's pretty impossible for a solo player to get that way :( I have three pieces and just need one more piece for the set bonus but can't get it :(

Nope I play at my desk generally, sometimes play on my 150" projector screen using a long HDMI/USB cable.

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    U can get Sentries from Heroic Underground.

Solo Heroic Underground:

Beware, it's a long video lol. Even sped up the sections in between the fights (realtime it took 46 minutes).

17. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Just insanely awesome ! :D

18. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Thanks but there's zero chance I can do that.

19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Nice vid - you're a patient man :)

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's much easier when you group up tbh. Atm I think (because of how the amount of NPC's scale) running Heroic is most efficient with 2 people. Take turns, etc, only one of you goes aggro at a time.

Gives a bit of headroom, in case you screw up, you can revive.

Also, everything can drop everywhere, the fastest way though is often incursions. Darkzone is also very fast, but I dislike going there ever since the tanktician meta reigns supreme. PvP is god awful in this game since 1.2.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016