Any Vets Here?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Clawedge, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    MEDICAL RELATED - MAY OFFEND

Just adopted a stray cat who is now exhibiting blood in her stool, i called the vet and they said its $50 consultation plus other expenses thereafter. normally i woulnt not mind, but i lost my job this week and need to save cash.

any chance any vet here could have a look at the pic of the stool (ill pm) and advise accordingly?

if it is really bad, ill borrow some money and take her.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I'm not a vet, but had to take my dog to the vets for a similar problem a while ago, and they basically said if it is bright red it is likely piles/haemorrhoids and not much to worry about

If it is dark which is difficult to see in stools, it's likely something more serious

3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

True^....Same with Humans.....

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Not a vet either but had to take our doggy often to the vet for intestinal problems including bloody stool.

I was also told bright red blood, if there's no excessive amount of it, is fine and likely just seeping from irritated bowel or something.
    Dark/black stool is worse as it may mean internal bleeding.

Also sorry about your job, happened to me too two months ago. F-in' lousy economy.

5. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    Just spoke with a (human) doctor and he said pretty much the same thing, he told me to monitor and keep updating him.

otherwise she still eats and suns around.

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    If she was a stray it might be worth buying some worming tablets, they're fairly cheap and worms could also be a cause of the blood

7. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    +1
    I have four cats, with the cat being a stray i`d worm and deflea first and see how it goes, also try to keep the cat on a dried complete cat food as its better for the cat not to mention cheaper,personally i would get the more expensive wormer from the vets as the cheap ones usually only last a month or so and in my experience just dont do the job, cats tend to live where they want so make sure its not micro chipped...could already have an owner but just got lost.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmm hope you figure it out, no experience with cats (or dogs for that matter), but I just hope it turns out well for the cat (and you of course too, sorry about your employment situation).

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I dont think anyone here can judge it. if you care about the cat , go to the vet!

Better safe then sorry

10. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    If it's a stray cat, you already have a vets bill coming your way if you want to be a responsible owner.

It will need neutering if it is not already unless you want an extremely smelly male cat or a pregnant female. It should have vaccinations, worm/flea treatments and possibly a microchip depending on the law in your country. All of this will be a lot more than $50!

If you can't spend $50 on it now, I'm sorry to say that you probably aren't capable of looking after it and should see if you can find a charity who will take it in.

11. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    You are completely correct, it was just that the cat was in a bad situation, and i had to step in. Just that timing is wrong. but rest assured i will be getting all those things done, thats for sure.

Thanks everyone for your input, monitoring things very closely.

12. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Dark blood in stool will make stool appear tarry like. Some things that can cause this are eating a foreign object not meant to be eaten, bleeding ulcer, bleeding in the intestines. See vet now!!