Ivy Bridge realease date?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by kens30, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i know what you mean regarding Tick and Tock.

Taken from Hardocp.

Architecture advancements will be very little in terms of IPC. Not going to OC any better. I don't see sense in building an IB machine if you have a SB machine. I just built my own SB system, did not see much use in waiting for IB. That said, if you are in an pre-SB upgrade situation, there is no reason to not go IB unless you need LGA2011 memory footprint, or are looking for a long term socket, which LGA1155 is not

This confirms for me exactly what i was saying,i will not be buying IB even though i have a buyer for my current rig,ill wait some more:)

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yeah idk if its true or not just some rumor i read in an article. ive seen zero info about haswell so i have no clue what will turn out.

3. GPU

GPU Guest

why does every one in a ib thread think every one has a sb so they offer their crap post lunch opinion.there has not been one E1 stepping review any where on the net.

-or you don't need any thing faster than I have [sb]

Hardcrop does not have a retail ib chip to bench
    -nor does he have a released z77 with a bios for M1 stepping.

-sb es could not hit 4.8 either.

ib should be as faster than sb by much as the 680 vs 7970 battle and yet ib gets a thumbs down but the gxt680 is the holy gail of gpu's. sounds like sour grapes to me.

-I passed on sb for the crippled pci-e set up.
    ib looks better with a plx 3.0 chip. for now.

will wait for the real benches but for the op to tell other's to get a sb now as ib\z77 won't be better.
    either has inside info or are not thinking before they post.

-ib should be faster ,the z77 will be a better mb , get over it.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    get over what? whats your problem bro?

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I dont get you tbh,i dont know what your waffling on about.

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    yeah i read it earlier didnt make much sense.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Z77 boards are not out yet.

8. GPU

GPU Guest

responding to this:

""IB will have at most a 15% higher performance than its predecessor.
    And that is @ CPU bound software, not games. If you intend to browse and game and a bit of multitasking, get a Z68 board, an i7 2600K - i5 2500k, OC to 4.3-4.5Ghz and you are set to go for 3 more years. But get a good SSD so you feel the nappiness the SB is capable of.
    For gaming you must know that the GPU is the main thing. an i7 2600k + 7970 or a GTX680 would be ideal. ""

-every web site where there is a question or mention of ib most poster's try to talk people out of buying ivyb\z77 . BUT to buy sb\z68 instead like they have.
    -this thread go's on about haswell [Don't buy ivyb dead end wtf] ,when the question is asked about the ivyb release date.

9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Well I'm getting IvyB, waited long enough to make it not worth getting SandyB at this stage, and IvyB will be a big upgrade for me.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Well, you could always wait another year and go with Haswell....lol

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    IB is a waste of time for me im already at 4.4 which is plenty and a good oc for a 930,ill wait some more,im in no rush,there are no games atm i cannot play with everything turned up to max apart from AA.

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    what are you ranting about today? perhaps stay out of SB IB threads?:nerd:.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    None of his rants seem to make much sense to me.

14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Yeah makes no sense getting a z68 and SB now unless out of try necessity (not just because you can't be bothered waiting)!

If IB is 15 percent faster for the same clockspeed, if you run it at 4.6Ghz, its the equivalent of SB at almost 5.3Ghz. Does that make it an attractive option?!

15. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Wrong thread nvm

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

16. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    I got a H77 board from Gigabyte

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    They violated NDA by selling it to you....

18. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    ASUS, ASRock and Gigabyte boards are available from most online stores over here with overnight delivery. im assuming NDA on the board went down before the CPUs as per usual.

and theres a difference between a socket lasting one generation and a setup lasting one generation. sure, the socket may be replaced in 2 years or so (intel doesnt exactly have to pump out sockets as often anymore since AMD pulled out of the performance market), but that doesnt mean the CPU will be considered weak in said amount of time. there are still people gaming on first gen i7s and they were released years ago. heck there are still people gaming on socket am3 quads and the performance you get from those doesnt even compare to intel (i went from an 965be to a 1090t to an i7 2600k, performance difference is monstrous).

and just because DDR4 is launching, doesnt make DDR3 redundant. normally when a new memory standard is released, the first few batches of modules have such atrocious timings compared to the previous ones that the performance improvement from being an early adopter is minimal at best.

youre also forgetting that ivy bridge is on a smaller manufacturing process, which means lower power consumption and less heat, which leads to better overclockability. for some people out there like me, thats enough of a reason to upgrade.

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    According to Hilbert, the NDA is still in effect.

Source: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=360905

20. Youghmama

Youghmama Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Not sure an NDAs cover hardware sales. When you buy something like hardware, it's usually yours and you can damn well do with it what you want. It's not "information", it is a thing.

NDAs cover release of information imparted to another, usually without a payment for the information.

I believe these are two fundamentally different things, but it would help to see the terms of an NDA.